Grant Thompson from the Youtube Channel King of Random (channel that promoted a lot of technology...

Grant Thompson from the Youtube Channel King of Random (channel that promoted a lot of technology, more in the form of homemade experiments) died last week in a paragliding accident

Attached: grant-thompson.png (294x294, 140K)

I don't really care honestly. I mean I have not watched his channel for a long while now because he outsourced basically all the videos to other people. I don't even know if he actually still had any influence on the videos or was just bagging the money passively. I bet the channel will not change at all now.

I can't be sad at this, sure it is a tragedy for his family, but nothing was really lost for the world.

That's kinda tragic, but his channel had taken a serious quality dive.

>technology
He did dumb shit and yelled about "muh science". Kill yourself.

Wasn't he facing criminal charges for making or setting off explosives or something?

Attached: 149E608E23E640BDBAC13B902B1B20E5.png (500x521, 127K)

This, good riddance

>nothing was really lost for the world
What a dumb, broad, and nihilistic statement. You can say that for anyone. He was a good entertainer and taught lots of people new concepts and hobbies.

Is your pic related real or edited?

He created a channel which was viewed by many youngsters and likely helped fuel the flame of their scientific curiosity. Some people have bad science/math/etc. teachers which don't inspire the love for the subject, and the drive of curiosity and true philo-sophy (love of wisdom) is not born in them, when they otherwise could have been driven to be innovators. As someone who was fortunate enough to have instructors in my youth who really developed my passion for learning, and as someone who now has/is making a real difference in the world because of that drive, I recognize that such people are invaluable. We all need our heroes. An older generation had people like Carl Sagan or even Bill Nye. The newer generation is more youtube focused, and there is no doubt in my mind that Grant filled that role for some of today's kids. Even if he pulled back to be more of a manager, he still created the channel and found the talent to replace him. It is laudable, and your boo-hooing because he handed the reigns over is asinine.

But he stopped entertaining long ago. He obviously did not want to do anything anymore and just sit on his juicy revenue stream he got by paying people who could have built their own channel for working for him instead. He was way past his prime.

It was not like with Terry or Jobs where they would likely still have done something wonderful and continued making stuff people enjoy if they had not died.

He was not a manager I think at the end, literally just ending up being a fat ass sitting on his equivalent of shares in a company without ever turning up to any meetings. If Linus died we would have reason to be sad because he is essentially such a driving force in the company, but not in this case. I am as sad for his death as I am for the death of my village doctor. Sure he did great stuff once and should be remembered, but he would not have done anything of value if he hadn't died.

By the way, my village doctor was senile and not really able to work anymore during his death, to explain where I am coming from

And how exactly do you know that he was or was not managing them or involved with the project? It is clear that he stepped away because of his brush with the law in regards to his possession of explosives. This isn't some malicious offense, after all he was a science experimenter on youtube, so it is more an issue of not getting the right permits for said devices, and not wanting to taint the channel after that. Again, your disdain for this person is asinine, he didn't wither away, he just stepped away after finding able people to take control

Pretty sad but hey he probably died while having great fun, which is better than dying of some horrible illness.

>In January 2018, Thompson was charged with two counts of second-degree felony possession of an explosive device for allegedly conducting incendiary experiments in his backyard.[6] The charges carry a maximum 15-year prison sentence. Thanks to the deal he made with authorities, the initial charges were dropped and he was only charged with a misdemeanor recklessness with an incendiary device charge, which would also have been dismissed so long as Thompson did not break any laws over the next 18 months. Under the terms of his deal with police, Thompson would have discussed "physical safety and/or the legal risks associated with experiments that could be dangerous"

His wife is hot btw.

So random, so Grant. rip.

Literally who

Youtuber with like 12 million subs, famous enough to get an article about his death in many big new sites
Pretending not to know an internet celebrity doesn't make you a cool guy

why are there no black tech/science tubers?

great fun followed by a short period of indescribable fear and horror

See

unless it was instant death
but I don't know if he like crashed on his head and immediately died or if he slowly bled to death while in pain from broken legs and ribcage

his channel had nice vids once in a while but a lot of it was just kiddy-bait shit

Projects with actual interesting details take time. He made click bait bullshit so he can fund the better ones.

You don't grow to 11 million subs by putting out quality content every three weeks, you do it by churning out easy to make videos every day

Oh shit, it's actually real

Attached: 1557029422590.png (480x360, 26K)

>great fun followed by a short period of indescribable fear and horror
this. it would have been a terrifying way to go out.

was he carrying a spork?