Music Player Thread

Best music player for Linux?

Attached: DeadbeefLOGO.png (1024x1024, 315K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamwat.ch/mp3/
clementine-player.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lollypop is decent

moc

Does it have in-built lyrics?

>tfw no Foobar2000 for Linux

>wine *exists*

deadbeef is identical

Yeah well unless something superior exists. Always used Foobar because that used to be the best on Windows.

aplay

ncmpcpp + mpd

quod libet is the best. deadbeef has annoying shit about it.
its shitty a sluggish
its close but you cant skip to different albums you have to go through the entire album before skipping lots of other annoying shit too

no lyrics, pass.

library-oriented (like itunes): clementine / strawberry / amarok or gmusicbrowser

foobar-ish: deadbeef or audacious or quodlibet

winamp-ish: xmms2

console-based: moc or mpd

Does Deadbeef have ID3 tag library?

yes

lmfao i just installed it because i've never heard of it. it's fucking awesome, no fucking joke. fuck deadbeef.

Do you mean a library function or the ability to edit metadata? No to the first, yes to the second.

never heard of xmms2 lol

ayemul

Everything is shit, I use musicbee w/ wine because is by far the best music player

mpd + mpc + emacs simple-mpc.el

I like cantata

Attached: Amarok.png (600x600, 107K)

Cantata if your on KDE, lollypop if you're on GNOME, ncmpcpp if you're on anything else.

I use deadbeef. It's simple and JustWerks™. I'm actually writing an Android remote for it, it works but it's still extremely basic. When it's done I'll make the github repo public.

Quod Libet is nice. I can sort music by Album Artist/Album is fairly bloat free. Also works nicely with gtk themes.

Only thing that bugs me is that it's sorts by artist differently than foobar2k does, and I use fb2k on my phone.

it's in your pic bro
that is the best one.

Attached: file.png (1420x533, 89K)

Not a proper remote like the ones Clementine has, but kdeconnect lets you play/pause, change tracks and volume with your phone on any media player.

Mopidy. Use Iris as a front-end and Icecast and you get your own personal streaming service as well as regular on device playback.

Attached: streaming-spotify-to-your-pi-2.jpg (1280x941, 483K)

Can it also display a tracklist and play an arbitrary track, or are you stuck with play/pause and previous/next?

cmus and audacity

Are there any players that beat foobar2k for the amount of components that can be added? I can drag and play sacd .iso files/dvd/blu-ray/hdcd etc. and even downmix from quad/5.1 to stereo if needed. If there's something out there with that feature set then I'm interested.

Deadbeef has a plug-in system, so it potentially can do whatever it is you want it to. It's a real shame that the plug-in API isn't properly documented though. The developers' stance is "just read the source code of other plug-ins, bro", which is pretty lazy.

Hmm, well that isn't promising and I'm even lazier than the developer. I really don't have any reason to switch. What I really need to do is find some nice custom interfaces to pimp out my fb2k so it looks less vanilla.

This

deadbeef is shit

MP3 Downloader: streamwat.ch/mp3/

MP3/Flac Player: clementine-player.org

youtube in browser

why would i use this website over youtube-dl -x

clementine is pure garbage

I'm on Windows 10 and I use Windows Media Player.

With linux, lots of backend stuff is handled by system libraries, so codecs and weirdness aren't a huge issue for most players, as long as you can point it at a file. MPV is goat if you really want to play anything though, especially with YouTube-dl integration.

Downmixing and filters are easy peasy to setup with pulse too. I just downloaded a binaural filter and it was easy to add to the audio chain and pipe my music or even a browser to it.

Nah, though you can add arbitrary scripts to run

It really does show it's age. It used to be the hot shit, but now it just looks like a cobbled together mess.

THIS

Attached: cso0H.png (934x689, 225K)

lollypop is great if you don't mind gtk3 or actually enjoy using gnome 3. lightweight, mpris support for just-works media keys, and (my personal killer feature) a nice and clean album grid to browse.

Yeah, lollypop is definitely a gnome 3 exclusive if you care any bit about a consistent UI/UX. Definitely top tier if you're on gnome tho.

Ncmpcpp kr cmus
clementine if you really need a vgui that bad

Nuclear. It needs a bit more work though.

Attached: logo_full_light-1.png (300x89, 11K)

>MPV
I don't believe this player can transcode, which is a huge knock against it. If I'm wrong then I'll definitely play with it. Again, I am completely lazy and I will never experiment with linux for the foreseeable future up until I have nothing better to do with my life and no longer need to work.

cantata + mpd is comfy :3

Attached: Screenshot_20190804_101325.png (952x495, 63K)

fail

Attached: Screenshot_20190811_014159.png (1600x900, 457K)