After nearly 30 years, GNU/Linux is still shit, especially for normies. How do we fix Ganoo Loonix?

After nearly 30 years, GNU/Linux is still shit, especially for normies. How do we fix Ganoo Loonix?

Attached: 58656C23-10C4-48D3-947A-2283C82714B8.png (828x1792, 1.91M)

Install Gentoo.

If that kid asks "is there any way to undo it", without a doubt he fucked up the install on his own. You'd have to be retarded or have an epileptic seizure all over the keyboard to screw up an ubuntu install. Either that or he didn't read anything about lignux and had some wacky windows-only feature enabled in the bios.

>keeps normalfags out
What's there to fix?

we make sure it stays "shit" to keep brainlets like you in their containment OS

I'm glad normies don't like Linux

I've been using Linux since before you were born, kiddo.

Install Windows 10, use WSL.

normies are a lost cause. They make uninformed decisions based on emotions in every area of their life, not just computers and tech.

Instead of trying to convert the normies we should just try and build up a base of people who do care, and if their numbers get large enough we should be okay

news flash: people do better work when they get paid for it. all the good OS developers work for MS or Apple, its just the autistic libtarian "muh open source" boomers who program linux from their moms basement while circlejerking each others work the linux forums or arguing about totally irrelevant mathematical theory, or policing github like a hall monitor, so what do you expect?

Normies can't even handle Windows.I don't think you can make an OS any shittier for the sake of ease, than that.

Ubuntu freezes on install on some machines no matter what you try, it's a known bug that still goes unresolved

I installed ubuntu once as a 15 year old who knew jack shit about computers and had never installed an OS on anything, surely it can't be that hard, not in the age of internet tutorials

granted I ended up getting rid of it and going back to windows and haven't touched a linux distro since then, it's not like I'm claiming to be a linux expert or anything, but how do you fuck up the installation process?

>especially for normies
Good. No one wants normies around.

>nobody wants normies muh sekret club xdd
Unless you're planning on writing device drivers yourselves you do want normies, retards

I'd bet that he would've fucked up windows installation too.

Reddit baffles me sometimes. Faggots getting nervous for their "first build", others that can't even install basic fucking ubantoo.
Sometimes, you can get good discussions going, but most go to shit fast

install ms windows

it's probably in bootloop because he cluelessly mashed buttons on partitioning dialogue and formatted the drive without actually installing anything, because no internet blog guide available on the spot

It werks, you don't have to fix it. If you want normies to use it, you have to sell laptops with Linux preinstalled, that's the only way.

Sure go invite retards in your pengu opeh club to write drivers for you

I know it's hard to relate to as a computer nerd but for the majority of people computers are black magic and they are scared to touch anything inside their machine. It's only normal that somebody who's never done anything with computer parts before, let alone build a PC from scratch, would be nervous doing that

instead of having people make new distro, having them make new tools, a few new software. each one does a thing that improves things.
all the guys doing new distros do so much of the same thing that other distros also do. its duplication of effort. there is no need for that.
instead of 200 distro we suposed to have 200 spins of one distro
we would already have a superstable distro like debian that is rolling release and has AUR like arch. has the option to compile everything from source like gentoo. and so much more in one single distro

source: my ass

User error. I bet that person would struggle putting blocks through the right holes.

Are you retarded son

>How do we fix Ganoo Loonix?

There's no possible fixing it. The community is too retarded to create something decent.

Our only way forward is Haiku and ReactOS.

Nigger, an SO post from 2014 told me how to mount a drive because the 18.04 installer didn't do the steps in the correct order

Think about this: it's been five years and they didn't fix the installer yet

If the good OS developers work for Microsoft, why is Windows 10 shit?

Times have changed.
The good ones used to work for MS until Ballmer left.
Now everybody who's capable is working in crypto. The rest are pajeets now.

I installed Ubuntu for a friend once and the damn thing didn't boot, for no fucking reason. Then tried ESL and it worked.

Just follow this handy OS guide:

>Retard: macOS
>Semi-Competent and up: Windows
>No job & Dunning-Kruger: LoonX
>No job, Dunning-Kruger to the max and massive contrarian: BSDs

>linux so shit it literally can't install
>bu bu but the user!!!!!
lintards are scum of the earth

>wacky windows only feature in the bios
yeah, im sure that was it......retard...

>partitioning dialogue
you clearly have no fucking clue what the hell you're talking about

>current year
>trying ubuntu instead of ROSA Linux

In the Future, all time will be told by way of Television shows. The days of the hour and minute are soon coming to a close. How long did it take me to type this post? Approx. .05 GoT episodes. Welcome to the Now.

Attached: woah.jpg (530x100, 19K)

I don't recommend anyone to install linux, I don't want to me some retard monkey's tech support or have issues fall on me because they feel like I'm the one at fault for them because I suggested they installed it. If they are already using it themselves and come to me for questions I'll gladly help, but fuck suggesting installing linux itself to them.

Attached: high.jpg (812x800, 117K)

Make another 17 distros

Tried installing FreeBSD12 on my new PC. Installed fine, wifi card kept dumping kernel panics into the console and I couldn't get xorg to start.
Screw it, tried installing that new PopOS, wouldn't even install, just kept looping PCIE errors.
Surely debian will work, started installing, oh the wifi card has nonfree drivers and I didn't download the nonfree debian image and I don't have a ethernet jack in proximity.

Then I installed windows because I just wanted to look at a graphical web browser. guess what it werked

I had this problem with Ubuntu, i think i solved it by going for don't install third party software, minimum install, download updates.

Just how do you fuck up the install of ubuntu

>Can't even install ubuntu
>Reddit
Are you... speacial