Are 3d printers a meme?

Are 3d printers a meme?

What the fuck did Jow Forums ever do with 3d printers

Attached: 3dprinters.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/293119226801
spee.ch/@Deterrence-Dispensed:2
hackaday.com/2018/11/27/the-most-3d-printed-3d-printer/
thingiverse.com/Blingtron/makes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't have one but there's been plenty of times I wish I did. It's usually when some weird shaped plastic part breaks and I jerryrig it somehow but then realize if I had a 3D printer I could just fabricate a proper replacement for the actual part.

Printed some prescription lens holders for my vr headset

this
like, 2 times in the past ten years

I just stuck lenses from an old pair in with scotch tape

the real question is is why is no one 3D printing sex doll components

If you don't know why you need it then you probably don't need it.

They're useful for basement-dweller robotics or /tg related stuff, or building your own printer out of e-waste or Chinese parts as an electronics/mechatronics project.

The only reason people think 3d printing is a meme is because of shitty kickstarters that wants to use them for mass production.

Jow Forums is to stupid to use them, so they are at /diy/

Implying you can actually model the exact shape by just looking at it

Attached: v4cxvapjhon11.jpg (326x326, 27K)

No, you have to measure things too.

>Printed some prescription lens
Oh shit 3d printing is actually worth it now
>holders
Wait it's still a useless waste of time

My cousin unironically used his school's 3d printer to make a smaller 3d printer, sold it for a lot of money

Ouchie

Even with flexible material, this will be rough. Dildos exist tho

The printer was like $200, less than the glasses

>Are 3d printers a meme?
They are a meme for home use, they're ever only good for prototyping stuff that will be mass-produced using other methods.

Defense distributed, blow up your hand

if you are into miniatures wargaming and/or pen and paper RPGs, it's beautiful and cheap.

well, I figured, so the 3D printer would be used to build the skeleton/structure/joints, etc. then its just a matter of molding the softer material around this. a 3D printer could be used to make the mold for the softer material

which one should i buy?
perefer a 3D printer rather than vacations.

I build a power bank from an old laptop battery.

Attached: 20190810_220732.jpg (3072x1728, 2M)

calm down Alex, no one noticed

How many cells? Whats the cell configuration? How did you regulate to 5V?

Did 1 or 2 jobs making a custom cgi model that was 3d printed to fit a character to a commercial campagne. It isn't common and still quite limited. Said objects were printed and arms and legs glue on.

Wat

This. Like when a friend of mine printed support legs for his couch so his vacuum robot can reach the area beneath it.

All in parallel. Here's the circuit: rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/293119226801

Virgin aesthetics

Attached: 1563318764182.jpg (104x178, 5K)

What's this, a board from a generic power bank tied to lots more cells, in a custom case? Nice little project. Only thing not awesome there is the cutouts around the ports.

retard

Good work, Cooter.

Have at it kiddo
spee.ch/@Deterrence-Dispensed:2

Attached: geethanks.jpg (640x480, 40K)

It was a school project

We've done some fun stuff with them at work that saves money, and I used it to print some parts and stuff I needed for bike shit

But they are really finicky, to the point of autism being required if you care about the quality of your prints. Everything matters, bed level, extrusion, heat, cooling, etc etc. And the parts all wear and everything is just very frustrating to maintain if you care.

he 3d printed a 3d printer frame.
something like hackaday.com/2018/11/27/the-most-3d-printed-3d-printer/

You can 3d print a gf?
Oh shit I've gotta get one of these

how did he imply this?
also
>implying it needs to be the exact shape

how many cells?

I have one. Its comes in handy for printing brackets and other specialized parts. Its also pretty fun to just tinker with.

Attached: IMG_20190806_192456_01_01.jpg (1920x1080, 361K)

you can print self bondage

u can also print giant dildo

Your cousin was telling you a joke. No printers exist that can do this.

this is why I bought my $800 3d printer. I literally haven't turned it on in months

I've seen some useful work done with 3d printed plastic parts for musical instruments. Like clarinet/sax mouthpieces, clarinet barrels, clarinet/oboe bells. The part does have to be hand-finished, but it's better than having to carve the whole thing out of a solid block, and lets them experiment more with the internal geometry with cheap plastic instead of precious endangered african hardwood.

IIRC traditional mouthpiece blanks (to be hand finished for the individual) go for like $100, and you're limited to the general kinds they make.

>No printers exist that can do this.
They're playing loose with the definition; people use the 3D printer to make cogs and fasteners, but you still need to buy the rails, motors, print head, circuitry, and so on. Basically you're just printing some of the small bits that hold it together. It's not a Star Trek replicator that spits out another replicator.

Noctua fan tho

Theyre neat, but i have 0 talent for 3d modeling or modeling shit that needs to get done in general

Pink Yoda is not
Gay this is

I always laugh at the prices people try and charge for 3d-printing fight stick parts and shit. Isn't this plastic super cheap and shitty compared to anything molded?

Plastic is cheap but people's time isn't.

3D printing something isn't usually "load a file and press start" easy. Prints fuckup all the time, it takes forever, and cleaning the parts afterwards is a bitch.

3D printing is "good enough," which means that in a lot of cases like when you want to do a run of a dozen to a hundred parts it's the only viable option, since nothing else has anywhere near as low initial costs. Injection molding makes higher quality parts, but they're also not something you can buy and assemble in an afternoon and then sit on a shelf in your basement. Getting all the equipment, or even just having the molds made and paying chinks to do it is only really viable if you need thousands and thousands of identical pieces and the initial costs are an order of magnitude higher. Way out of reach of some dude making fightstick parts and selling them on etsy or whatever. And as long as you're getting your design and settings right and using the right material it's plenty strong and the only area that it's really hard to match molded stuff is in like surface finish/texture since 3d printed stuff will almost always show layer lines.

/DIY/ had a 3dprinting general that seems pretty popular... its a much slower board than this one though so it might take a few days to get a good answer

Gotta print high capacity magazines and full auto conversion parts to hand out during Civil War 2

Dragon dildos.

My roommate got one. We printed cats and emojis for meme purposes to throw in random places in the hall, but then it got put in a box and never used again.

all the memes and gimmicks i have created with a 3d printer.

thingiverse.com/Blingtron/makes

I would say 3d printing is held back by the shit that you can print. Thingiverse and cults3d and other 3d printing sites have a lot of quality stuff, but we need more. seriously the coolest thing i have made so far is the inmoov hand. unless you are printing complex stuff its really not worth it for the most part.

i want a 3d model stl of battle angel alita hand.