I got tired of games so I have no reason to keep using Windows, which distro should I install...

I got tired of games so I have no reason to keep using Windows, which distro should I install? (I don't need one for anything too specific)

Attached: 1565273967574.jpg (720x960, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qiL7ElTMb0w
cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-10.0.0-amd64-kde.iso
cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/10.0.0-live nonfree/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-10.0.0-amd64-kde nonfree.iso
neon.kde.org/
metalink.xyz/kdeneon.torrent
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ubuntu

general purpose go for ubuntu or *buntu whatever flavor you're going.
gentoo/arch/debian if you're interested in learning

ingore posts below

>whatever flavor you're going

mint, debian, ubuntu, anything like that

Mint or ubuntu.

*pshhhhh*
*sips*
yggdrasil, now THAT was a good distro

Slackware.
> I have no reason to keep using Windows
dependency hell and hardware support are reasons enough

really doesnt matter which linux distro you choose. they're all bad when compared to windows.
linux as a daily driver is a meme. no one seriously uses linux.
if you want something thats good to use daily and good for productive work; the answer is always windows and windows 10 is the best verison of windows so far.

Yes, no Linux distro is good for daily desktop use. See my previous post.
>windows 10 is the best verison of windows so far
has a lot of built in shit that previous versions didn't. This shit is not 100% removable and you need dubious workarounds for the things that can be removed.

This. But don't ignore me.

ROSA Linux LXQt the only sensible choice for a White heterosexual male.

youtube.com/watch?v=qiL7ElTMb0w

>dependency hell and hardware support
check the calendar gramps

I'm using Linux right now son.

Debian or Mint. The Ubuntu ecosystem is cool, but you want to be at least one step removed from Canonical's idiocy. Either of these distros can use Ubuntu packages and PPAs, although Mint will be a bit more seamless.

I would add go straight debian if you have an hp or brother printer and you either have a direct wired internet connection and don't need wifi or think you can install the wifi drivers yourself

What are the differences between all the distros? Just how normie-friendly and similar to windows they are?

>default DE + theming
>package manager
>release model

I recommend pop_os! which is basically a rebranded ubuntu with better defaults and more polished.

It's definetely not as clunky as Kubuntu.

cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-10.0.0-amd64-kde.iso

Any Ubuntu since you're just getting started. You just decide which one to use based on your preference for something fancy and bloated (vanilla ubuntu or kubuntu), or lightweight (lubuntu, xubuntu, ubuntu budgie, ubuntu mate).

cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/10.0.0-live nonfree/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-10.0.0-amd64-kde nonfree.iso
fixed

Debian, the SUPERIOR distro... or of you are a cheap nigger, linux for niggers, aka: unbutu...

A cheap nigger using unbutu aka: "Apartheid linux"

Ah! A man of culture and wisdom...

Freebsd

Great! A faggot with Jungle fever!!! Enjoy the Apartheid, filthy unbutu-supremacist...

>install Debian they say, with KDE
>plasma version 5.14.5.1

GNO! I say, Install KDE neon

oops hit ctrl+enter when post was half finished

neon.kde.org/

Torrent download:
metalink.xyz/kdeneon.torrent

KDE version: 5.16.4

ROSA is like Ubuntu but better and without COC and a nigger-hippie name.

Non-meme answer: Fedora
It's widely used because of RedHat. If the software supports Linux, it'll be supported on Fedora.
Everything "just works" - you don't need to spend 30 hours writing kernel extensions and shell scripts to get audio working, it works out of the box.
Even wifi works out the box for common chips.

Fedora is a testing version for RedHat. You're using a perpetual beta.