Im far away from my router, how can i get better connection to my room?

My parents bought a better internet plan that features about 200mbps up/down on 5g, im using 2.4g for distance, since im upstairs from their room, but im literally hitting less than 6mbps download with less than a mb upload. ive gotten a $40 powerline adapter, but my shit still sucks just as bad as the wifi i had. would i be wasting my money replacing my stock router with an after-market one or getting those little wifi blocks that plug into the wall?

Attached: gaymer intranet.jpg (740x740, 86K)

Are you trying to game? > LAN Cable.
Are you just trying to cover a house with poor wifi reception? > Position the router bet and purchase an aftermarket one if necessary.
Are you trying to get scammed? > Repeater.

>200mbps up/down
wire

i game relatively little nowadays, but youtube and downloading are dog slow. my brother does play games in the room across from mine and he says everything is very slow as well.

get an AC wifi card assuming your router supports it.

"The 802.11n connected client at 75 feet nets a 200Mbps connection while an AC connected client nets a connection at 400Mbps at the same distance"

how could i check if it does?

Get a second router from goodwill and place it closer to your room

google the router model number?

idk if youre meming

plain routers themselves can't usually function as a relay can they?

will do, capn

I think many aftermarket ones can be set up to use only part of their capabilities, so they can act as a pure access point or a relay or a router as well as all of the above at once.

run ethernet cords

just lay the wires already, its always going to be shit otherwise

Buy a cheap, OpenWrt-capable router (I have Buffalo WZR-600DHP) and configure it as a WDS repeater. Or, if you can, run real CAT6 from your modem/entry point/primary router out to the second access point

Just buy a 300mbps mimox4 ISR and wire it up where it's closer to your cheap ass

Get a good router nerd

Attached: IMG_7808.jpg (4032x3024, 2.89M)

>buy new $1000 router
>power it on
>flies away
heh.. nothing personnel kid

$1000 ? I got my sidewinder for free...

wait for wifi 6

Smells like broke

>Buying overpriced gamer consumer garbage
My mikrotik cost 1/10th that and functions better

use.... a..... wire....

Attached: -2.jpg (800x800, 61K)

>Are you trying to get scammed? > Repeater.
You can plug a wire to a repeater, so you'll do great with wifi. Also, funny enough, i plugged my pc to a repeater and got LAN-WIFI

Use a shielded CAT6 cable instead of shitty wifi.

>200mbps up/down

I've been on 1gbps for a decade and my external storage is on a 10gbit line.

>5g

Attached: 5g.jpg (753x502, 168K)

That thing is not a router, that's a miniature Temple of Nod. All it needs is the logo on each side.

Attached: Nod_Logo_1995.jpg (1024x768, 73K)

5g for wifi implies actually using a 5ghz band, 5g for cellular is actually much much higher frequencies

>white paper-thin "hazmat" suits will protect me from radiation!
dumb commie believing his dumb commie government lies

A mesh wifi system would be enough

Dumb user doesn't understand how CBRN works

skycoin

Use poe, dont use wireless.

why would you need to carry power over an ethernet cable?

My tp link Archer a7 works just as good as this and costs 200x less

>200 symetric
>wifi
What kind of special retard are you? That s like asking how to drink expensive wine with your palm only, no glass. Go ethernet fucko

Bridge mode, disable dhcp, change static IP, turn WiFi ap on.
Any old shitty router can be turned into a WiFi extender by basically doing this