Internet lockdown

how do we fight this? where do we go to? IPFS+IPNS?

Attached: 1540108863085.jpg (1055x959, 275K)

Other urls found in this thread:

actionnetwork.org/petitions/censor-the-internet/
techspot.com/news/81387-proposed-white-house-executive-order-targets-social-media.html
politico.com/story/2019/08/07/white-house-tech-censorship-1639051
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_fairness_doctrine#Formal_revocation
congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/672
congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/672/text
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The courts will strike it down. We don't have to do anything.

irc

sounds like fight for the future is actually fighting for the democratic party. pretty sure the executive order is forcing companies to stop censoring people.

>The courts will strike it down
>being this naive
the jewlovers have passed worse things. They now officially classify "conspiracy theorists" (anyone who doesn't believe the official story of the gov.) as domestic terrorists.

Attached: 1547340908311.png (955x902, 210K)

>White House is planning executive order to stop censorship by giant social media companies
Fixed for reality. Liberal media broke your brain.

How exactly would they enforce this?
The tech oligarchy already doesn't give a shit about government regulation and pays out their slap on the wrist fines all the time while not changing a thing.

so which is it, and where is proof?

youre the one who posted this bullshit thread from a reddit libtard antifa site. where is your proof?

>from a reddit libtard antifa site
literally never heard of it. saw the pic on another board, but even then, never too soon to look for a better alternative, censorship on the web is already reality.

Those sorts of laws are just virtue signaling, they do not effect policy. They do not change the fact that saying any of those things is protected by the first amendment, as well conspiracy theories.
Zion Don has criticized social media for not doing enough censoring of "hate" and "extremism".

>Those sorts of laws are just virtue signaling

Attached: 1562504371165.png (735x566, 88K)

Trumpstein will never censor his precious Twitter.

Attached: 1555426296757.jpg (1224x2840, 565K)

he already did. he "sanctioned" and banned Iranian diplomats from twitter.

Read the details into the story. Even from the same biased site that's promoting these headlines.

>actionnetwork.org/petitions/censor-the-internet/
>The administration claims it’s trying to stop private companies from silencing speech

>techspot.com/news/81387-proposed-white-house-executive-order-targets-social-media.html
>The proposed executive order reportedly rolls-back this protection in cases where social platforms remove content without notifying the person who posted it, or if the content’s removal is deemed anti-competitive or unfair.
The final bill needs EO needs to be properly examined, but I support this sort of shit. Large social media corporations should not be able to censor public speech when they have no legal obligation of the user's posts. The current law protects social media companies from lawsuits because user posting content is user content and the company is not liable. I'm perfectly happy with this. But the problem is the large social media companies will then also censor your posts when they don't like it. This is essentially corporate public censorship because the platforms are so far reaching and global as to even become a necessity for most modern communication.

I wish we had something strong to protect us against corporate power abuse.

based, states should be on their own for that shit anyway.

politico.com/story/2019/08/07/white-house-tech-censorship-1639051

gnunet

Attached: masterbate.jpg (640x960, 89K)

but the same administration forced twitter and other social media to ban legitimate diplomats...

I'm still surprised the IPFS repo hasn't been ghosted yet. People are removing those AI programs that make horrible quality fake nudes. People have been using IPFS to get around government censorship. If people in the US start doing that I know their government will kill it somehow.

>fight for the future
opinion discarded

>tell a fat neckbeard loser to get off his ass for once and do something
>instantly dismisses it

Basically reviving the Fairness Doctrine that conservatives killed. It would be great if it were revived. Libtards will be mad they can't censor conservatives. Conservatives will be happy that internet giants can no longer ban conservative thoughts just because it triggers liberal bullshit.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_fairness_doctrine#Formal_revocation

How the fuck did this become law?

WWII happened. We said "Never Again."

Attached: (((Drumpf))).jpg (620x465, 29K)

>the myth about a world Jewish conspiracy
>this law gets passed

Zion Don

Attached: 1543746008662.jpg (1393x1480, 379K)

>the internet
>only concern US internet
Explain to me why I should care about burgerland fuckeries as your laws don't appy to me.

If it's an executive order, the most it can reasonably do is to declare registrars, hosts, DNS providers, DDOS protection outfits, CDNs, and other datacenter related stuff to be "not a website". I believe the law was written under the assumption that it was and would continue to be the websites business, and matter of free speech, to remove or retain content. Takedowns by web infrastructure providers wouldn't be a thing at the time, nor would extensive reliance on them.
If this is correct and indeed happens faceberg and google should continue to be able to remove content on it's own sites, but they shouldn't be able to pressure infrastructure providers into kicking websites off the internet, and infrastructure providers shouldn't be able to censor stuff of their own volition.
But that's a best case scenario. We don't live in a world where the best case scenario happens.

Attached: 2015-01-23_16-53-27.jpg (530x542, 41K)

We need advice from cucks like you who have been dealing with this shit forever.

Attached: 1549843143312.jpg (600x400, 65K)

The internet is not speech. It (being the world wide web) is a method of publishing documents and interacting with other computers.
Censoring the web is a violation of freedom of the press, not free speech.

Attached: 1530770931673.jpg (685x720, 245K)

My country is so free, I can deny the holocaust. Can you?

who the fuck gives a shit about your semantics? censorship is censorship, so the question in the OP still stands you manchild piece of shit.

>This bill requires the Department of State to include in its Annual Report on International Religious Freedom information about each European country where there have been particularly significant threats or attacks against Jewish persons or institutions. The report shall include information about the security needs of such Jewish communities, U.S. efforts to partner with European law enforcement agencies and civil society groups, European public awareness initiatives to promote pluralism and tolerance, and efforts by European governments to adopt and apply a working definition of anti-Semitism.

Tldr: It's a law about including information in a yearly report, adopting a concrete definition of what constitutes anti-semitism. No matter how much you disagree with the definitions put forth, It does not infringe on your rights, and it does not introduce legal penalties. Stop fearmongering. The entire text can be read here: congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/672/text

Also, there have been countless laws passed defining other terms, and in-case you were unaware, there are ones that actually affect your freedom (various gun laws, laws which compel you to hire people you don't like because of their gender, "gender identity", race, and sexual orientation, and more).

The EO will remove the public platform protection("company are not held responsible for user post because its a public platform") from social media companies that ban speech for arbitrary reasons. Twitter locked conservative leader's account for sharing a video about others threatening him. That's political censorship pure and simple. It has no place in our democracy or society.

I have hopes that the EO will target those large corporate social media platforms who arbitrarily censor political speech and bans users without proper rational. They cannot continue like this and create the division in our country.

you should always be skeptical of political activist groups. especially in the trump era

At this point, they want exactly the same horrible tools, but just to use for slightly different goals.

skeptical=/=active denial of everything

Yeah, but why would you deny Hitler his glory?

based retard thinking hes smart
hopefully you dont say something as dumb irl

Attached: 1542180249244.jpg (827x481, 96K)

t. cuck brainwashed into thinking being an epic neutral centrist automatically makes your post sound intelligent

The free market is dying. Save it guys. We need to save the tech giants. Evolution over revolution

Right wing big government is literally either fascism or monarchy. Take your pick

the more you know

Attached: 1555967854453.jpg (465x597, 48K)

I just disagree with shit that both the republicans and democrats agree with, that is the part where they want to control the internet for their retarded purposes.
A true neutral centrist have to accept it because his opinion is a mix of the left with the right, so he agrees with everything both sides do.

>the more you blindly accept without examining
See:

Looks like you don't know anything.

Calm down, user. Breathe in, contain your turbo-incel disorder and explain to me how (C) is justifiable.

As both parties try to out extreme each other, I would hope a rational human being would naturally find themselves becoming a centrist. We've reached a point where a screaming commie pinko from the 1980's would today be considered a borderline fascist.

That would also be an acceptable outcome.
By the way...I think it would be best to avoid using the phrase "our democracy", "our republic" would be more accurate. The united states is a republic, not a democracy.
(Also the phrase kinda reminds me of that time hundreds of anchors from what should have been competing networks said "and this is extremely dangerous to our democracy" at the end of a scripted speech about how content that disagrees with them is badwrong.)

It doesn't even matter dude. The law is solely about incorporating data into a yearly report, and defining what constitutes anti-semitism. It doesn't restrict the type of speech it is attempting to define. user posted that section with everything else cropped out in order to rile people up.

this is fake right

Attached: 1545495965979.png (1280x720, 404K)

The problem with the word "centrist" here is that it assumes your opinions are a mix of the opinions of both sides.
Probably adding the authoritarian/libertarian axis help quite a bit.
Both sides are getting more and more authoritarian, while the people with some brain cells left or more probably want to go the other way.

See:
Can you use a search engine? Are you capable of reading? I sure hope so.

Imagine reading a headline and not being able to think critically.

>Can you use a search engine?
Yes. What should I type in it? "omfg da jooz r onto me prepare teh tinfoil hatz i need 2 get laid"?

You have described most of the people in this thread, and most of the people in the world actually.

Re-read what I wrote you fucking moron.

A rational human being who fears repercussions against him for his dissident thoughts becomes a centrist. One who becomes angry at said repercussions becomes...something else. I don't know what the word is for those who decide the policy that ought to be pursued is something none of the mainstream parties are interested in, a radical perhaps? If politics is a spectrum, I'm in front of it. If it's a plane, I'm below it. I've become angry, because I'm sick and tired of the fear and I know that if I try to keep my opinions and principles in the ever-changing middle of what's acceptable, I'll just become a hypocrite (or the way things are going, forced to hate myself).
And from my perspective, both parties are really after the same thing: suck the dick of, in their words, "the Donor Class". It's their voter bases that are getting pushed towards extremes, and that's really just because of how the Internet and social media in particular lets you, and encourages you, to only interact with people you agree with.

They already demonstrated use of a search engine by figuring out why your post is wrong. You're intentionally deceiving by claiming some sort of Jewish conspiracy, and in reality your evidence of this is just an instance of standardizing what anti-semitism is for legal uses.

It's like claiming they're going to make property ownership illegal because they defined property.

You're a fucking idiot with no reading comprehension skills.
The posts I wrote:
Are carefully saying exactly what you just said here:
>It's like claiming they're going to make property ownership illegal because they defined property
You're literally arguing with someone who made your point for you.

BUUUUUURN!!!! HAHA GOTEM BRO!

go back to r*ddit/diliate yadda yadda, please exit

We just had another LGBT festival. I don't see the nazis coming back anytime soon. You'll be an old man when the nazis get power. Stay mad boomer fag

Attached: 04.jpg (800x420, 428K)

>being living breathing spambot for fun
>not even realizing you're a spambot
>being such a newfag you think typing "reddit" is disallowed here
>believing everything you read on an anonymous autism support forum
choose none of them and just gtfo, skinjob.

It's almost as if... maybe jews are a protected first class of people and run half the american government and most of the media?

You're both subliterate animals.

>This bill requires the Department of State to include in its Annual Report on International Religious Freedom information about each European country where there have been particularly significant threats or attacks against Jewish persons or institutions. The report shall include information about the security needs of such Jewish communities, U.S. efforts to partner with European law enforcement agencies and civil society groups, European public awareness initiatives to promote pluralism and tolerance, and efforts by European governments to adopt and apply a working definition of anti-Semitism.

Tldr: It's a law about including information in a yearly report, and adopting a concrete definition of what constitutes anti-semitism. No matter how much you disagree with the definitions put forth, It does not infringe on your rights, and it does not introduce legal penalties. Stop fearmongering. The entire text can be read here: congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/672/text

Also, there have been countless laws passed defining other terms, and in-case you were unaware, there are ones that actually affect your freedom (various gun laws, laws which compel you to hire people you don't like because of their gender, "gender identity", race, and sexual orientation, and more).

lmao how many of you smooth-brained dipshits voted for Trump because you thought he would be good for freedom on the Internet?

Attached: IMG_0686.jpg (620x1099, 79K)

>You're both subliterate animals.
I made no comment, just attached a picture.

Attached: 1475418535250.png (300x142, 60K)

And your picture is feeding the false notion that somehow a law about filing an annual report is dangerous because "muh jews". You're a worthless mouthbreathing faggot.

>picture is feeding the false notion
It's a real picture, and I attached no commentary. Any "notion" you felt from it is in your head.

>european
wot does this have to do with america

Attached: 1485911050942.jpg (882x731, 132K)

Neo/g/ already defends internet censorship. Good luck!

Wont the muslims crush your lgbt festivals though? I dont think you need nazis for that

LOL, White House preventing social media from censoring people is described by 'Fight for the Future' as censoring the internet.

Doublespeak at it's finest.

You spam pictures of jews in response to shit like "i can't believe this" and "is this real?". Are you trying to say anything else? Do you just collect pictures of Jews? Quit being a cheeky cunt.

No. We'll convert the muslims into liberals. We need to import Iranians, they're pro lgbt

I CAN'T DELETE POSTS I DISLIKE ANYMORE. HELP, I'M BEING CENSORED!!

Now we just need to stop the oppression of pedobros and cunny posters

europeens made murica great
muricans made it a shit

>spam pictures of jews
Unless you know something I don't, Trump is not Jewish. It would make a lot of sense if he was though!

Just admit you like censorship

Geee I sure wonder why all his kids are married to Jews.
It’s almost like... no that can’t be right aye?

are you still living in a parallel universe that has media that doesnt lie every single day of the year and you actually believe the headlines they write? how did you travel from one dimension to the next? we need this technology for the future of mankind.

Attached: 1522349318283.png (996x760, 857K)

>censor the Internet
You mean stop (((large corporations))) censoring the internet.

Anyone have those Twitter screenshots from the Chinese account making fun of trump?

One was like:
"Oh you voted for Trump? I guess you like gay sex and Israel too?"

Didnt mention gays I dont think. He said Shalom and happy hannukah to you. I can't post though neo4chan range banned file uploads for me

north america great firewall when?

>still supporting zion don

Out of your mind disgusting kike. Please never post this again. I hope youre trolling.