Ultraboocs for linux

What are good Ultrabooks for Linux (or something light for travelling if not ultrabooks)? i was so far checking Asus Zenbooks, Lenovo Yoga or Thinkpad X1 Carbon but have not much idea about anything concerning recent hardware or if those are any good.

apart from decent specs i'm looking for long battery and decent keyboard/trackpad/whateverfancyinputisnowtrendy

Attached: asus-zenbook-13-ux333-2-1200x630-c-ar1.91.jpg (1200x628, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/2in1-laptops/pp_009367856557.html
newegg.com/p/N82E16834234626R?Item=N82E16834234626R
indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-micropc-6-inch-handheld-industry-laptop
kitsunyan.github.io/blog/frankenpad-story.html
kitsunyan.github.io/blog/ulv-adjusting.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

X1 Carbon hands down

>or something light for travelling if not ultrabooks
gearbest.com/2in1-laptops/pp_009367856557.html
12 inch, no fan, light weight, cheap, flawless linux support (9 hours battery life without even touching powertop, all function keys work, suspend and resume work flawlessly).
>but muh specs
This runs a web browser with 4chanx and a music player and we know damn well that's all you use your computer for.

HP Spectre x360. HP's worked a lot better than anything but Thinkpad laptops for me, and they look/sound/feel really damned good. Dell has way too high of an incidence rate of rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrepeatinnng keys
I think HP's not as good for BSDs though.

Also forgot to mention the 1080p IPS display with you won't find on any other computer in that budget.

Torvalds himself used a VAIO Pro 11 for a couple of years and he switched to an XPS 13 currently; not sure which model tho
I use the same VAIO model, only complaint I have is that settings written to /sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop gets reset to default every reboot or sleep

>570 USD for a Core M, 4GB RAM and a 128GB SSD
I just got an Acer Aspire 5 with a quad core 8th gen i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, backlit keyboard and a 1080p IPS display for 430€.
Only thing the Xiaomi Notebook has going for it is the small size and maybe battery life.

>15.6"
thanks for wasting my time looking this up

kek stop being a dwarf, it's small and light

Dell XPS 13

>Product weight: 1.0700 kg
breddy gud

what makes it good?

>when he says a bigboi laptop is too big for him

Attached: femwojak.png (599x553, 210K)

>femwojak.png
At least be one BIT creative
WoJill.

>4gigs ram
>128 gb SSD
>nearly 600 dollars ON SALE
absolutely disgusting

what's a good price? i don't know about laptopses

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Fucking everything

for 4GB RAM a 128GB SSD, and a Core M?
max 400€, and only if the build quality and screen are good.

13" MacBook Air. Comes with a fully fledged BSD out of the box

I use an X1 Carbon 6th gen, everything works fine. Only had to tweak some power and fan profile settings (but you have to do that on Windows as well because lenovo fucked that up)

Find a comparable laptop for 400 then.
I'll check the archive every month for the next 5 years until you reply.

i'm too old to learn how to use a new interface

does it really cost $5.299?

literally everything
>great screen
>exceptional performance
>exceptional build quality (spill proof, built like a tank)
>thin and light, yet keeps thermals down
>best keyboard in a laptop (excluding the classic kb)
>cheaper than base MacBook pro
>track point

that being said, it is missing some features autists like me love
>no 7 row keyboard
>no removable/hot swapable battery
>soldered cpu
>it's too thin
>it's too light
>no ExpressCard slot
>no libreboot/coreboot support
which is why I own a w530 w/classic keyboard, 32gb of ram, and a i7xm processor that probably all costs more than an x1 carbon. next step is to swap a t480 motherboard into a t25

but what about this
>PrtSc between Alt and Ctrl
i mean i know you can reconfigure it, but wtf were they thinking

>>it's too thin
>>it's too light
isn't that the point of ultrabooks?

newegg.com/p/N82E16834234626R?Item=N82E16834234626R

2k display, 8GB ram, more SSD space, metal body. Other then CPU being outdated its better value.

are Zenbooks bad?

that's $1,999.89

yes, which is why I don't like them

open box used 462. Its 5 years old.

but then it's a gamble

also 400 about after promo code

who buys laptops new in 2019?

I'd get a cheap Dell 13" with touchscreen.
The Inspiron 7000 is 1.4kg is that too much?

>swap a t480 motherboard into a t25
Please for the love of god tell me this is something that can be done

Attached: que_cat.gif (260x195, 2M)

i don't know, i don't but laptops at all except every decade or so

XPS 13?

If in europe take a look at slimbook

Thinkpad T series from T450 and up
X series from X250 and up
Avoid 720p screens (pretty much all of them have a 900p, 1080p or higher versions) and they are awesome

Seconded, holy shit

what's the gimmick?

There are not so many reviews out there, but as far as I know there is none, they are pretty ok devices and they have 3 years warranty (well, depends of the component can be less, screen and keyboard are 3, ram is 2 and so on, in on their site)
I plan to buy myself a pro x if my toaster gives up

The latest dell envy 13 look ok, but many anons complain about dell latelly

I have this one and like it a lot
indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-micropc-6-inch-handheld-industry-laptop

seems like 2nd hand Thinkpads x1 Carbon are not that expensive on ebay. will i get ripped off? is it worth getting 16GB ram or 8GB is enough for programming and shitposting?

8Gb for normal shitposting, 16GB for advanced shitposting (is what I use).

yes
kitsunyan.github.io/blog/frankenpad-story.html

This is pure, unadeltered, autism

fucking kek'd

Attached: waa.jpg (2048x1133, 319K)

This. Have been running a xps 13 9343 for 4 years now without any problems. Definitely go for the 1080p screen over the power sucking 4k screen.

how do you know it has flawless linux support? most computers have atrocious linux support, almost nothing works as expected.

>rooted by China at the EFI level

telling people to go low dpi to save power. son are you running a headless server? high dpi is literally a million times better when you have to read for more than 5 minutes

>good
>Ultrabooks

No such thing.
Enjoy your throttling, shit battery life, shit keyboard and no ports.

I would suggest looking at that user's other blog post too.
kitsunyan.github.io/blog/ulv-adjusting.html