I work at $UBER and I’m going to quit next Friday, ask me anything

I work at $UBER and I’m going to quit next Friday, ask me anything.

Attached: 068EA1AA-4E6F-43AA-89CF-4B9F0CAECF63.png (1125x2436, 378K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steveblank.com/2009/12/21/the-elves-leave-middle-earth-–-soda’s-are-no-longer-free/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gmail is for fags

how easy is it to get a PR merged? do you just need any 1 person to approve it or is it more complicated?

Just need 1 approval, pretty easy if you don’t write shot code.

*shit

nice. are you generally allowed to work on things unrelated to what you signed up for during a sprint?

my manager checks every commit/PR i submit to make sure it's related to a story - so i can't just hack on something i think is broken. it's the main reason i'm looking for other positions (although i heard uber is freezing eng hires)

That cannot be real lmao

Where are you going? Or quitting without a jerb lined up?

I'm 5b, I can generally work on whatever I want, although I have to make up the "story" ahead of time.

Yeah Uber has frozen all hires (some exceptions will be made I'm sure), someone who passed an interview with flying colors on Friday won't be getting an offer, sucks for them.

Gonna go the self-employment route, my net worth is $6M (taxable but still plenty to try my own thing with lots of cushion if I fail). Been teaching myself machine learning.

It's real #BringBackTravis

Jow Forums is just a place to lose money now, years ago I bought $15k worth of btc@110 and made my dosh, there's no more low hanging fruit in crypto.

Attached: 1517891414114.jpg (1000x594, 37K)

i see. i wish they was somewhere i could just work on whatever i want. i'm l3 though so i suppose that'll take a while

new grad? yeah at l3 you can't expect much freedom. I only get freedom at 5b because that's literally what I'm paid to do--find the things that management is overlooking.

yeah new grad. having to "pay my dues" is kind of annoying (though it makes sense). perhaps a startup would be better for me. anyways thanks for sharing, best of luck in what you do next

>if you don’t write shot
oh the ironing

crapple iOS autocorrect assumes people don’t swear

Thanks. Looking forward to self employment, I’m sure I’ll figure something out, even if my pay goes down at least I’ll be making my own destiny

How shitty were the other ideas for that to win?

No idea, the email is getting wildly mocked on Blind though.

is it really as toxic as people say it is?

The thing is basic, once the platform is done and scalable why do they need so many engineers and programmers?

Why don’t they spend more money on organizing drivers and putting out better service?

Why get into a business that literally loses money (scooters and bikes)?

Why am I assuming you’re telling the truth you didn’t even post proofs. Tits or gtfo

Buy link NOW!1!1!1!1!

based Mariana for being the only person at that dumpster company concerned witht conserving the world's diminishing helium supply

Parkinson's law

Engineers/programmers are led by managers. Those managers are led by managers, etc.

If there's no more need for engineers/programmers (well, there always is, but less than "develop the core app") then those managers have no reason to be around anymore either.

not toxic at all, Travis was a good CEO, all media hype and an entitled Becky who probably made up the story for a phat lawsuit settlement when Uber was having PR issues

The core ride app is profitable now. We're at the "Amazon's core business of selling books is profitable" stage. We're losing money because of R&D costs, it's a land grab. Scooters+Bikes are just a way to enhance the core value prop. I don't know what you mean by spending money on organizing drivers, retaining and training drivers is our biggest expense.

I posted an internal email from Friday, don't be a paranoid schizo.

More proof for the paranoid schizos on Jow Forums

Attached: 12603311-C698-4853-B79E-578B154E40B4.jpg (1125x2436, 924K)

>don’t be a schizo
>do you know where you’re at.jaypeg

By profitable you mean “when we operate outside the law we make money bitch” then you’re beyond having drunk the koolaid.

>The core ride app is profitable now
I know for a fact that Pool isn't profitable. Not even in SF.

Mariana is right though; balloons need to be fucking banned.
All they do is waste helium to create litter.

>I will be relinquishing you all of your balloon duties immediately!
OH NO NO NO

Attached: 1391874128611.png (300x251, 103K)

Imagine spending 200k on balloons when you’re losing a billion every month. It’s a pretty good indication of how that company is run.

Attached: 6C343C57-DBE1-47E9-A612-B1471C3578D7.jpg (450x442, 49K)

No I mean we’re profitable on gross margin which is what you should be looking at for sustainability. We haven’t broken the law since #BasedTravis left and that’s a crying shame to be honest because fuck taxi law its not there to benefit consumers.

Ahhh I see so it’s ok to break the law as long as the consumers benefit. Because you do break the law, you are a taxi company that doesn’t obey the taxi laws rules of regulations of the countries you operate in because reasons. And in the cities where you were forced to operate under the law you called it quits and shut down operations.
>n-no we don’t break the law what our contractors do is their problem not ours
Yeah that excuse doesn’t work and it is a matter of time before you are made to respect the law which is why the company has been trying so fucking hard to diversify that is why there’s scooters bikes and eats because you know it is a matter of time. And this is a shill thread judging by your language

Yes, pick up pennies in front of a steamroller.

steveblank.com/2009/12/21/the-elves-leave-middle-earth-–-soda’s-are-no-longer-free/

Balloons aren’t the problem, the issue is bloody pricing warfare with Lyft (who’s actually doing worse on a per ride gross margin basis).

If anything the bad headlines this week help us because they will scare away investors in potential competition.

I don’t really care I’m leaving anyway.

Do you not know how to read? We follow the law everywhere we're established, we haven't ignored stupid regulations for years. Fuck your authoritarian noise, taxi laws were shit, are shit, and will always be shit because politicians are all about graft.

Anyone who invests in a centrally managed taxi company that operates illegally in multiple countries around the world deserves to be taken advantage of so have at it

What’s the matter? Trump got you by the pussy?

How long is your penis?

When the interest rates rise Uber will cease to exist and normal taxis will still operate

I want LARPers out of my board

>I read it on dailykos so it must be true

fag

7"

don't care

I want paranoid schizos to self-immolate

STOP

TYPING

THIS

AND

GO

BACK

TO

REDDIT

>tfw 24 and still didn't finish college
should i drink myself to sleep tonight?

And this is the hive mind of the Bay Area. I don’t even know what dailykos is. If the company was doing so well you wouldn’t be leaving so quit it with your bullshit. No one here gives a shit about Uber either.

i recognize this spirit

fag
yes
fag

Why so arrogant? You can’t even afford to live there.

What was the worst person you ever had to give a ride?

>You can’t even afford to live there.

Attached: 154981397855.png (500x638, 129K)

these old /v/ comics are the best

>$15k worth of btc@110
How long did you hold?

Until I could buy a house here with it. Should've held it even longer. Oh well, hindsight investing is 20/20

No, that is next year user

what do i drink?

what's next year?

when I was a functional alcoholic my choice was cheap beer like Bud or Coors. Eventually I progressed to liquor and started blacking out and had to go cold turkey.
So, get a case of Coors Light and drink until you get sleepy. No hangover because it's mostly water.

555 or 1455 or another office/city?

should I buy their stocks?

>No hangover because it's mostly water.
i get hangovers from everything i'm a lightweight

Show us more retarded HR bunny shit.

I bought $LYFT to hedge my Uber shares. I don't think ride sharing is going anywhere but it's hard to know how it'll shake out.

Eventually as an alcoholic I stopped getting hangovers entirely no matter what. Been dry for almost 2 years now.

It's literally nothing compared to eng comp.

This but unironically

>two hundred thousand American dollars in balloons
>nothing

If at least it was office supplies, toilet paper, pens, ink. I could understand. In what world can you justify spending 200k in balloons per year? It’s what was referred to as irrational exuberance back in 2001 after the dot com crash.

gl, didn't think i'd see a post like this on here. have you been thinking about leaving for a while already?

What the fuck is this shit desu

Obviously women are running the day to day inside Uber.

>t. Dara

women in the workforce

what's this from

lick more boots, cunt

>boss broke balloon promise

>404

are you Indian?

Would they lobby for a ban on production of manually piloted cars?

Attached: 1496641602593.png (578x712, 45K)

What is your salary and cost of living?
What was your interviewing experience like to uber?
Can you compare it to any other interviewing experience?

kek an Uber software engineer recently applied to our company - we rejected him without an interview

Attached: renge smile.jpg (1504x846, 608K)

>your manager is your project lead
awful/10
find another job

your manager shouldn't be the one who dictates project deadlines and overcommits you

1. Vim or emacs?
2. How many hours a week were you doing?
3. Wherw are you going next?
4. What's your current income and how much are you making next?

Attached: chicken_pants.webm (900x900, 1.85M)