30 years ago developers made entire games better than modern ones with 40 kb

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWQ0591PAxM

>30 years ago developers made entire games better than modern ones with 40 kb
>Today modern devs can't even fit a basic pong on 500 MB of disk and it needs a gamer pc for a 2D retro platformer

Attached: 1520981259056.jpg (500x484, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZT_rlKRT4K8
youtube.com/watch?v=uOxJJadI4W8
youtube.com/watch?v=PaNYOzwlVC8
youtube.com/watch?v=O38R4YMJqeA
youtube.com/watch?v=iGpU3DicbLQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Today modern devs can't even fit a basic pong on 500 MB
the """'port""" of doom that blizzard released was about a thousand times bigger than the actual game.
also

The SMS was better

Attached: 1530993406100.png (380x349, 77K)

Literally everything in you post is wrong.
>30 years ago developers made entire games better than modern ones with 40 kb
If you mean enjoyable, then sure, but that's subjective. Modern games have way more mechanics, characters, and higher quality graphics than older games.
>Today modern devs can't even fit a basic pong on 500 MB of disk and it needs a gamer pc for a 2D retro platformer
You don't need a "Gaymer PC" to play 2D scrolling games you dumb faggot. I used to play modern 3D games on my old non-gamer laptop with integrated graphics.
OP you're a faggot.

there's not a single good game after 2005.
It's garbage.

>modern devs
>söydevs
Nobody is bothering with games anymore because gamer culture is cancer. Waste your time by writing demos instead
4k - youtube.com/watch?v=ZT_rlKRT4K8
8k - youtube.com/watch?v=uOxJJadI4W8
64k - youtube.com/watch?v=PaNYOzwlVC8
tracked music - youtube.com/watch?v=O38R4YMJqeA
amiga - youtube.com/watch?v=iGpU3DicbLQ

due to it having MUCH higher quality images and sound, not due to being lazy.

>and sound
audio is absolutely fucked on that port, i can see you haven't given it a try.

That's an opinion not a fact, old boomer. Didn't they teach you the difference between those in school before everything went to shit?

only boomers do demos

> simplicity was so 10 years ago
> but muh graphics

Attached: 1565529557114s.jpg (104x125, 3K)

Okami HD is very good, and it runs very smoothly on my i5 poorfag thinkpad with 8GB ram and integrated graphics

It's just a remastered 10+ year old game engine

WAAAAAAH...
This needs to happen for games too! Imagine if Crysis weighs even less than a mp3 or flac file...

see

A lot of this is due to new hardware. Your graphics driver will make a simple opengl application with a triangle use around 30-40mb ram. One hd image is 7.9mb cpu memory and also the same for gpu memory. One music file can be 4mb. You see it quickly adds up when you combine several of these. Of course you could keep it below 10-20mb if you really tried

That said, I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that Mario Odyssey was only ~4GB in total.
Guess Nintendo at least hires the more competent pajeets.

>Okami HD
Sublime taste my man.
Also because of the artstyle it is real easy to run. Sadly it's locked to 30fps though.

Attached: salutations.jpg (399x399, 26K)

I don't play video games, i was saying on the technical side

What is
>Witcher
>Kingdom Come: Deliverence
>Pathfinder: Kingmaker
>Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
True there were alot more better games made early on, as now the world is filled with corporations, it's not always true

Old 2D platformers are boring as fuck without some prior nostalgic attachment, they fit in 40 KiB because they had no content and developers didn't really have a choice in the matter anyway because consoles in the '80s were trashy dog shit under the hood, as were most of their games. There's a reason the industry collapsed under the sheer weight of all the shovelware /vr/ conveniently forgets about because muh childhood after a few years.

I don't want to go back, I don't give a fuck about how hip it is among zoomers who are desperate to feel victimized by literally anything to substitute for their lack of a personality.

Attached: 1565208627829.jpg (1024x683, 53K)

depends on the genre you're into.
but i agree.
i wish zoomers could have lived through the 90s and early 2000s.

Nintendo games don't use realistic graphics though.

>True there were alot more better games made early on
Nah, there were tons of garbage games shit out when the industry started booming, these retards just forgot about them all.

All shit.

beat's some same-y platformer that you only like because it reminds you of a time when you were actually happy

Attached: 1562444449044.png (356x423, 33K)

That video made my day user. What a pleasure to watch.

ffs OP you have bitching about your ancient NES games for a week now. Get off your lard ass and start programming assembly or shut the fuck up and take it to /vg/ or /v/ or /vp/ or /vr/ where all the other nodevs are. I am basing and redpilling my own post. Thread locked.

(USER WAS BASED AND REDPILLED FOR THIS POST)

What you're saying is you never tried anything outside your comfort zone since you became an adult

>Arbitrary hardware limitations good!
Fuck off, retarded boomer. Or more likely a zoomer LARPing as one, or you'd know that the vast majority of NES games were absolute dog shit, and it was notorious at the time for having truly godawful ports of fantastic arcade games due to its crippling limitations.

Attached: durr.jpg (820x883, 186K)

The industry collapsed prior to the third gen

They are to prevent bloat. All software should be written to run on a pentium 3

Yes.