How can the object oriented programming be bad if the creator of C++ himself uses and likes it?

how can the object oriented programming be bad if the creator of C++ himself uses and likes it?

Attached: aed09849dc12981cd348297dd974a107.jpg (600x600, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QM1iUe6IofM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

oop is very good who said it's bad? ill get the bois on this

bump

>Oop
>Bad
No one who isn't baiting says this. This mostly seems like a straw man thread for a situation which almost never occurs.

bump

Enjoy your overhead and side-effects oopsies

>who said it's bad?

This guy:
youtube.com/watch?v=QM1iUe6IofM

Ah I get it.
This entire thread is you begging for an arbitrary argument on the internet because you're desperate for anything approaching human interaction, so desperate that you had to bump it twice.
Fix yourself man.

you wish

Attached: Screenshot_٢٠١٩٠٨١١-١٩٣١٢٣.png (1080x1920, 233K)

is it even possible to encapsulate mutable states outside of OOP?

yes
LISP is pretty good at it too
Also any database

It's just C++ that's a monstrosity under the hood. Smalltalk is more purer of an OOP

How can oop be trash when the king of trash software likes it?

I was programming POO for many years and finally stopped about half a year ago because it really sucks, it's a capitalist bullshit. Going back to C was the best decision in my programming life. Yes, you may be forced to use and learn C++ by your "job" or whatever, but objectively it just sucks balls.

for a person that doesn't know anything about C and C++ could you explain the difference?
I always thought that Cpp is just C with extra things to make life easier

OOP is a tool, it is good for what it's good for.

Attached: 183.jpg (680x665, 212K)

OOP itself isn't bad. It has a bad rep because people doing the needful think it's important to use it as much as they can wherever possible.

I remember this video.
>It's bad because it *might* be used badly.
Such a shitty argument.

>Object oriented
>Programming
Choose one.

Why do people think you have to choose only one paradigm?

Many things, it's difficult to sum up to an outsider, but basically it is 99% unnecessary and the extra things just bring extra burden and trouble, in many ways, like more ways for people to be inconsistent, arising unforeseen antipatterns, extra mental burden, more complicated and bloated specifications and compilers and tools that process the source code and so on. While you can do completely without it just fine. In programming minimalism is one of the most important things.

> be
> want to learn c++
> cant wrap head around simple idioms like move semantics & RAII
> "c++ is 99% unnecessary and the extra things just bring extra burden and trouble, in many ways, like more ways for people to be inconsistent, arising unforeseen antipatterns, extra mental burden, more complicated and bloated specifications"

Attached: 1487189451886.png (645x773, 253K)