Macbook dilemma

So im trying to buy a used macbook for college and im stuck between a 2015 macbook pro 13" or a 2017 macbook 12". Im not to keen on macbook specs or anything and im not sure what to pick, any help or suggestions?

Attached: macbook.jpg (700x420, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2019/jun/21/apple-recalls-15-inch-macbook-pro-laptops-battery-fire-risk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

get the 2015, the 12" sucks af.

They're all complete dogshit, get pic related instead. It's a low profile lightweight gaming laptop without all the severe thermal throttling and overheating problems on all mac trash.

Attached: image.jpg (720x1122, 264K)

I need a apple too. I need something fast that can do garage band and imovie, not at the same time but in the same system.

Why are you fags so triggered by mac when it's just expensive shitty *nix. Microsoft is trash and you should feel bad.

2015 pro will definitely last you much longer and will be easier for times when you need to do things like plug your computer into an av system at school.

Doesn't that throttle to 0.8GHz?

The 12 inch is trash. Get a 2015 13 or a 2017 13

Because mac shit has SEVERE overheating and thermal throttling problems AND is insanely overpriced.

Why not a hackingtosh?

Imagine unironically recommending plastic chinky gaymen trash.

i have a big desktop at home that i use for gaming so i wouldn't need it for that but ill check it out, thank you tho :-)

Because it needs to just work out of the box like windows.

Better than exploding aluminum hand grenades that will violently detonate and burn your house to the ground at any moment without warning.

webm related: very close call

Also on the gaming laptop you can disable the dedicated GPU and use the integrated one for better battery life (up to 8-10 hours).

Attached: 1542768822623.webm (582x698, 2.72M)

Why jump through so many hoops just to use homOS X? What does IT have that a LTSC install of windows 10 doesn't?

>if you don't like my garbo recommendation you want him to buy a mac!
Retard.

Not the guy your responding too, but
>Because mac shit has SEVERE overheating and thermal throttling problems
Really isn't going to have a noticable impact for most users. Even for people who do "real" work. It shows on synthetic benchmarks, but how often does your CPU stay over 50% for extended periods of time?
>AND is insanely overpriced.
Some people aren't poorfags. Don't mean to be rude.
>Why not a hackingtosh?
Not worth it, especially in a laptop. Too many hardware compatibility issues.

Although if OP didn't want garage band and iMovie, I'd still recommend Linux tho, even in school. Libre Office does just fine.

If they're looking at MacBooks they obviously aren't going to be gaming you idiot.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Hinamatsuri - 09 [720p].mkv_snapshot_22.00.jpg (885x719, 81K)

>literal bugman trash
fucking kill yourself dude nothing about that is low profile. it screams i am a giant faggot who only cares about vidya since i have no job.

Bash

>SEVERE overheating and thermal throttling problems
What, like literally every ultrabook with that sort of spec?

>to just work out of the box like windows.
I think they'd prefer if it worked properly.

He's right though, macshit in general has a long history of severy and chronic overheating and thermal throttling that results in the batteries on them becoming damaged and exploding like a stick of dynamite.

t. had my 2017 macbook pro 15" almost burn my apartment house

AMA if you want IG

WSL through windows, idiot

Attached: 1544674120405.png (682x900, 255K)

>-$699.99- Save $32.99 (5%)
That's not 5%.

OP here, were you doing anything strenuous on the mac or was it just casual stuff? I'm sorry for the property damage and money spent.

Shit from hands

>gaming laptop

Attached: 64AB1686-5CFD-4844-A882-D35B799F4965.gif (497x280, 1.7M)

My 2c4t i5 in my 2017 obviously never goes over 80c under full load. Dont buy 25w+ cpus and they dont run hot

>wintards shitting on mac
Kill yourself faggot stop trying to fit in

Most thinkpads can do that. Join the memepads, there is no other true option.

Attached: s1ndamk4wyz11.jpg (4160x3120, 922K)

Literally .

Never seen one with a display that was t fucking nasty and i hate the function key placement

Why are you lying? You never had a macbook pro.

I only left it turned on to download some 10GB+ files, nothing CPU intensive at all. But in the past I did use it to export 4K video and for blender/maya. It was used for a total of ~6 months.

Anyway one day I left it on a coffee table to do the downloads and came back to a blast mark on the table and the mac trash on the floor. SOMEHOW the table didn't catch on fire despite the burn marks around it. The ensuing explosion might have shocked the flames away, I'm not sure.

Anyway I recommend ANYTHING but the dumpster mac shit bomp fires. Apple doesn't give a shit about the overheating and the severe damage it causes to the battery so they intentionally sell you bombs that can go off at any moment, KNOWINGLY. These things should be BANNED in the name of public safety.

Anyway I followed protocol: NEVER fucking charge mac trash unattended yet I almost had all my shit set on fire because of this piece of shit.

Great story did you find this pasta on rebbit?

Look again, it's a lightweight low profile gaming laptop. It's dab smack between an ultra book and regular gaming laptop. Perfect balance.

Anyway that's not the only problem these defective hand grenades have. Webm related affects mutiple macbook "pros" for example.

Attached: 1561424964878.webm (640x360, 2.44M)

You never owned one bro ive work in an office full of macbooks all left plugged in charging 24/7 for serveral years. Ive seen one 2015 model have a keyboard that stopping working. None of these others have had any issues

Not him but is it really worth risking setting your house on fire just to jerk off the millennium falcon mainstream cock?

Webm related affected my mac shit and it turns out is VERY common. Luckily I got a good deal on it on ebay and got a carbon XPS 13 like I should have in the first place.

Attached: derp.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Is it worth taking advice from people who are lying and trying to decive people? Who find rare weird failures and larp like it happened to them? Luis rossman said himself this shit doesmt happen and beat on an apple batter with a hammer. He said one time they accidently set a battery off with a damaged tool

that is fucking pathetic, I've had laptops since the mid 2000s and this was never a problem on any of them

Because there isn't single macbook model that doesn't have thermal throttling up its ass.

Youre a fucking retard that cables caused issues in all kinda of decides. I pushed too hard on my samsung tv the other week and the ribbon cables for the display fucked up and i had to bang on it to make it stop. Laptops in the 2000s were hot trash that all broke in 2 years, like toshiba. Dumb fucking zoomers need to lurk more

>LITERAL. HAND. GRENADES. THAT. WILL. SET. YOUR. HOUSE. ON. FIRE.
Apple themselves (the ones who make the dumpster fires) are recalling them en masse.

theguardian.com/technology/2019/jun/21/apple-recalls-15-inch-macbook-pro-laptops-battery-fire-risk

Attached: Screenshot_20190811-215853(1).jpg (720x1128, 357K)

none of the 15w cpus have thermal issues

They only break in two years if you're a retarded caveman, I have a shitty laptop from 2007 that still runs Windows XP and the battery still holds charges.

Youve never used a toshiba or a macbook seriously stop posting your ignorant opinions about shit you dont know about

ittL larpers

It's objectively true though, macshit (aka mactrash) is a mistake. First it heavily thermal throttles/overheats AND THEN it burns your house to the ground.

It's an undisputed fact of life. There's a reason we call mac users mactards..

Attached: 1503592793553.jpg (800x600, 141K)

It is usually possible to swap the fn and ctrl keys in BIOS in thinkpads

Faggot fruit toys belong on

This laptop screams numale.

Not really, if you look closely it has a pretty slim bezel making it even more compact than the average 15.6" generic laptop. Same can't be said for actual numale mac trash.

No one is disputing the fact that MacBooks can throttle like hell, but that's the nature of ultrabooks. Literally every other ultrabook with the same sort of spec does the same thing, it's retarded to pretend like this is some great Apple problem. Blame retarded manufacturers deciding to follow in their suit instead of coming up with a better solution.
>we
Every person that uses "we" to refer to some Jow Forums collective is a retarded newfag.

>that shit
>slim bezel
I’ve got some Toshiba Satellite POS from the beginning of the decade with a slimmer bezel than that trash. Why the fuck are you defending that abomination so hard? Everyone has already told you to fuck off with your LED riddled garbage yet you keep on trucking. Did you just import a container full of them?

>windows 10
Burn in hellfire.

hey user if I were you I would go with the 2012 13" mbp, and upgrade the RAM, replace the SATA cable, swap the hard drive with an SSD, and replace the optical drive with another ssd so you can run it on raid 0. The 2012 had the best i/o and a beefier gpu that the modern slim niggers can't really hold a candle too.

Attached: 1546966654566.jpg (651x766, 55K)

>WSL through windows, idiot
Why not just install a real OS? Why settle for a crappy compatibility layer on an even worse host OS?

Attached: 124456768979.jpg (367x388, 16K)

Get a real laptop, not a shitbook for gullible braindead retards.

Attached: 1538078051347.jpg (2048x1536, 765K)

If you absolutely need a Mac for college, i would recommend a 13 inch macbook air 2015 up to 2017

>i recommend setting yourself on fire

Attached: 1550570994697.png (630x1300, 367K)

I recommend you sucking my balls im still using a 2011 macbook pro and it works just fine albeit slow because of the sata ssd never had any problems with it.

A thinkpad x1 carbon is also a good choice too.

2015 easy, the 12" sucks ass

Lol no it has a shit tn screen

your designated shitting street is calling you

Pretty weird choices and both serve different target groups. MBP is heavy as fuck but obviously has more power why 12" one is still one of the most portable laptops around but suboptimal for heavier workloads.

Probably best to get Pro then. I can use Logic Pro fine on my 2015 12" MB but I can also push it to the limit pretty easy with very complex tracks, and Pro should have the power for the stuff.

>buying trash with 1080p screen
>2013+6
I bet this isn't even a troll post.

>my apartment house
Guess you couldn't decide on which bs story to tell.

>buying steaming shitheap macshit that falls apart in 2 months

comedy