Mini-ITX

Who's /Mini-ITX/ here?

Attached: 44740F99-9502-47B1-A8E5-29C6399456C8.png (2000x1125, 1.27M)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bzVdvmb4jCohQz0xPN1_3cLXCPvMkPmIPv28D7Cr7s8/edit#gid=1094936222
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/JtfDYT
au.pcpartpicker.com/b/gTw6Mp?comment_sort=oldest&fbclid=IwAR1muiHf5A7qpfDGb9V6J8MvmNEIrxABIUDS9Wd7pXt1WWzBP7o55u7agrk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

do people with these builds over clock? that's my only concern bc of the heat and no airflow

Obviously oc is possible, just not on a scale comparable to full atx. And you have to pay attention to do it right airflow-wise

Attached: intel_NUT_box8ICYSM1.jpg (1500x1500, 84K)

reporting.

been wanting to get one of these, but I only find Windows 10 builds and there's seems to be no W7 drivers for most of them

Attached: Nano S.jpg (1456x1184, 838K)

does yours really count compared to the op?

>does your mini ITX case with a mini ITX board installed count as a mini ITX build
I'd imagine so

it's a Mini-ITX case with a mini ITX board, some people argue that the Nano S is borderline mATX because of it's size.

god damn I like that color scheme
probably would swap out the original noctua fan for the noctua chromax in blue just for autism sake

>i7 7700T Engineering Sample
>EVGA Z270 Stinger
>16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz DDR4
>BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
>250gb Samsung 970 EVO nvme ssd
>1tb 860 evo 2.5" sata ssd in the back
>Corsair RM1000x psu
>MSI RX 560 Aero ITX
>crammed into a non plus rajintek metis in silver

The PSU and cooler were just because some fucker on the internet said i couldnt do it.
So i did.
fuck you

Attached: IMG_4027.jpg (4032x3024, 792K)

note the airflow situation in this
the cpu cooler is all intake from the rear, the psu is exhaust

good job.

how are your temps?

the 7700T practically sits at ambient and the rx 560 in its little oven up there hits about 60c under full synthetic load

I hope you have a curved monitor to match your curved GPU

Attached: 1487263335163.jpg (300x314, 26K)

yeah im not really sure why it does that
i think MSI is just retarded
it works fine and ive run more fucked up PCBs before so ill let it slide
might get a custom backplate for it just to further drive in the point that i have more money than sense, but it might also solve that issue

i value my hearing

why not just use a sfx PSU?

It's a case the size of an matx that can only take mitx. Basically for people who didn't really want to or should not have build mitx in the first place.

yeah, I'm just giving you shit. It looks nice.
I'd post but my desktop is the furthest thing from ITX
Any reason for the ES CPU?

because an user said i couldnt fit the rm1000x in there
so i did it out of spite
also you dont need an SFX psu for a full length gpu, i did a similar build in a gold metis where i just used a "square" non modular psu

this is an i5 4570, 8gb of ram, the dark rock pro 4, some cheap maxsun board, a thermaltake smartpower something or whateverthefuck, and gainward gtx 680 phantom

so a 2.5 slot card that goes the entire length of the case, an out of spec cooler, non modular atx power supply in this case
all fit without issue
non modular is a must, board length, modular psu connectors are too bulky, you have to kinda spread out all the cables leaving the psu to have them flat against the psu housing to have enough room for the gpu

the unused cables were folded in a big ass line along the top edge of the back of the case where the pcie slot is

Attached: fuck.png (1000x750, 612K)

it was cheaper than a regular 7700T on ebay
they dont support xmp anyway i wasnt using igpu so there were no downsides for me
ive heard you can overclock them but i never tried

been thinking of getting an h200i for a new build,
although I'm having seconds thoughts with that psu shroud, it looks like it restricts some of the airflow for the gpu

Attached: h200i.jpg (479x449, 81K)

if youre concerned about that but like the roomy mini itx towers then look at the fractal design define nano s
no PSU shroud, 280mm of front intake, 240mm of top exhaust, 120mm rear exhaust
same kinda interior layout

the only issue cosmetically is that the case comes either non windowed or with a bordered acrylic window that was nice a few years ago but is kinda outdated aesthetically now
there are aftermarket window options though

pic related, though this guy went with an sfx psu and didnt tuck any cables behind the motherboard tray for some reason

Attached: 2898c7b0694643bfa11c7cf233c2cdd4.jpg (600x556, 53K)

too bad they only got black cases, they sold a limited white edition in Asia only.

Attached: Cs4rGICWIAALE0f.jpg (1200x674, 76K)

Dan A4 SFX owner here.
In an era of 6-core laptops with 1660ti, just get an atx ryzen and a gaming laptop.

any pics?

What even is the point of getting a mitx case that has just about the same footprint as a small atx case?

How
Could you put a 5700xt in one?
No because you'd need a b450 for it right?

You can get B450 and X570 mini ITX boards

wut?
why would you need gaymen laptop and desktop?

Attached: confused_anime_girl.png (469x600, 284K)

b450i best boi

Had my itx phase.

Used to rocking 2 itx builds. I can confidently say that matx is much better form factor.

Better expandability, cheaper components (mobo mostly), less inter components are interference (ram heat sink gpu )

Fractal node 202 or Louqe Ghost S1?
Been pouring over this list for a while
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bzVdvmb4jCohQz0xPN1_3cLXCPvMkPmIPv28D7Cr7s8/edit#gid=1094936222

>h200i
Nzxt smart device is a joke
>psu shroud
Not a big deal

Attached: IMG_20190812_163253.jpg (1479x1563, 480K)

>gaming laptop
Not falling for that meme ever again. It's the whole point I'm doing a mini itx build. You do know that laptop GPUs are gimped and only equivalent to their desktop counterparts in name only.

These are so painful to look at. Like those entertainers who climb into a tiny glass boxes where they are all cramped up and twisted in ways that normal human bodies can't.

what case is that?

nice cable management but so much wasted space, you could fit like 10 SSD more

Any PCpartpicker build?
I'm looking for something extra small, the smaller the better.
Most of usage would be web browsing, and very short video encoding, like 2-4 minutes max, but I need that 16GB RAM.

Attached: C96-Cosplay-Day2-3-5.jpg (1536x2048, 694K)

laptop, or better thinkpad

Intel NUC or better apu AMD equivalent. Dunno if they've done something similar.

Here's two. The second one is my mate's build.
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/JtfDYT
au.pcpartpicker.com/b/gTw6Mp?comment_sort=oldest&fbclid=IwAR1muiHf5A7qpfDGb9V6J8MvmNEIrxABIUDS9Wd7pXt1WWzBP7o55u7agrk

Thanks.
The first build seems nice.
Can I go even cheaper/smaller?
No, 16GB option at least cheap.

I am. And while it does get soundy under high core voltages. (running programs)
It doesn't get out of any comfort zones.

nah, 3 pcie cards. theres no way for me to go mitx and barely matx

>cheaper/smaller
Check this spreadsheet
Then go on pcpartpicker and mix and match parts according to your budget.
Though for you needs a laptop would suffice. I still have my Y510p, it served me well but it's heavy and gets hot. I'd look at Dell XPS, they look mighty decent.

>laptop would suffice.
I have T420, and thinking of getting HP elitebook just because it's cheaper for the similar spec thinkpads.
I want something for ""couch computing"" , and I due to my job circumstance and the way of my commute carrying laptop isn't a good idea.

>No, 16GB option at least cheap
t430 with 16gb/1440p screen/and 7 row keyboard is 200-250$, and there are some good options for cpu

What do you need 3 PCIe cards for?
(Not insulting, just curious to expand my understanding of usecases.)

> 1000W PSU
Why? A 450W one would still be overkill for that build