THEY DID IT

THEY DID IT
opennet.ru/opennews/art.shtml?num=51266

Attached: 0_1495693592.jpg (700x394, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xfce.org/about/news/?post=1565568000
support.system76.com/articles/hidpi-multi-monitor/
unix.stackexchange.com/questions/237139/how-to-bind-the-super-key-to-whiskermenu-without-breaking-superother-combinatio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

english motherfucker

>After more than four years of development , the release of the Xfce 4.14 desktop environment has been prepared , aimed at providing a classic desktop that requires minimal system resources for its work. Xfce consists of a number of interconnected components that, if desired, can be used in other projects. These components include: a window manager, an application launcher, a display manager, a user session management and power management manager, a Thunar file manager, a Midori web browser, a Parole media player, a mousepad text editor, and an environment settings system.

xfce.org/about/news/?post=1565568000

Attached: 6929607221_a73f165cf9_m.jpg (200x200, 10K)

Props to the XFCE team for writing good software. I can't wait to use it

Based and nice.
I wont go back to LXQT.

t. New XFCE user

it's fucking hilarious how linux tries to rip off mac in its UI design
shows that most linux users wish they were using a mac

Attached: 1561772922887.jpg (411x389, 16K)

Just in time for GTK4...

Attached: psssh.png (719x630, 714K)

Who the fuck cares, if they rip the design???
OSX design is really nice but that's it,OSX sucks.
Windows should rip some Linux/OSX design as well.
From your post i see that you a virgin.

Wew. Windows 10 is already rtipping off KDE.

>how linux tries to rip off mac in its UI design
Need any instruction on how to neck yourself or your can do it alone?

This.
Every KDE desktop is customized to imitate MacOS as much as possible.

I can't wait for gtk4 to be released. Onec it does, gnome devs will stop fucking up gtk3.

Can I scale the desktop per monitor? If not, into the trash it goes.

What's the biggest thing about GTK4? Probably the icon view in filechooser

>GTK
kek
No theming support at all, you'll have to use whatever the gods at gnome make

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAMN LINXU LOOKS LIKE TAHT?

>Wew. Windows 10 is already rtipping off KDE.
And KDE has ripped off Windows since day 1. Good artists copy, great artists steal.

XFeces

Attached: 1563164077055.png (506x556, 169K)

visit any ricing thread/forum/gallery, 80% of them look nothing like the mac UI

Fucking finally, holy shit.

Attached: _20190812_141025.jpg (1083x849, 142K)

>icons in a row
>huurrrr apple invented it

Attached: 1413641246139.jpg (534x532, 41K)

so how long till I can update that shit on arch?

Holy shit really?
Absolutely amazeballs

>hot launch bars are of apple origin

Attached: 1556812862647.png (626x617, 82K)

How is GTK3 fucked up?

Imagine developing a de for four years and it still looks like shit

Both use UNIX

No linux desktop does that afaik

GNU not Unix!!!!!!!

While completely different they still share the same low level code.

Although Linux being better and open, the ready made, fully functional Apple product is attractive, and I see not reason to hate on the FOSS market to mimic it, after all it's a win win situation for both sides.
Also, I'm drunk so my thoughts are pure and directly from the hart
t. Windows user.

Attached: Lyle.jpg (400x246, 16K)

GTK3 doesn't have official theming support either

Is Thunar usable yet?

Someone recommend me a theme and icon pack that doesn't look fucking autistic

Can I now set super to open whisker menu without fucking up shortcuts that use super as a modifier?

xfce is THE definitive GNU/Linux desktop
the rest are buggy garbage

t. debian user

Cool, so Openbox 3.7 soon then?

I know this feeling.
Super + Q for my whisker menu

>it's fucking hilarious how linux tries to rip off mac in its UI design
Everyone did. Windows 95 copies Apple's System 7 interface wholesale (the Start menu in particular is just the Apple menu from System 7), but with beveled NeXT-style buttons (like again, everyone else at the time was copying).
Vista spent time to make Windows as shiny as OS X.
Windows 10 is attempting to do that sort of frosted glass look that macOS is doing right now.

everyone and their dog copied Apple, because people who didn't generally ended up with really weird UIs that no one wanted to use
most imitators generally made it better, too (Windows 95 definitely has a better interface than System 7, for example)

Nothing wrong with that imo. It's a good design, and the alternative is the same design copied and released for free. How can you blame people for wanting that?

It would be fairly popular here if anons could install it on ANY hardware, that isn't the case though. The mac os terminal still has its roots in Unix which does make it very popular for developers.

It's zsh by default nowni think

> No linux desktop does that afaik
so why would I use it as a desktop operating system

Does it have thumbnails in the file picker yet?

False information

support.system76.com/articles/hidpi-multi-monitor/

Hidpi can be adjusted between 1x-2x

Kill yourselves, you are the reason that the defaults of any DE make your eyes bleed. Mac design is some of the ugliest shit ever. Even material design is preferable.

Regardless of the default look, It's flexible enough you can make it look however you want and that's the whole point, you're the one in control. I make it look exactly like Windows, like I go the extra mile to get Dockbar X to make grouped taskbar icon.

Really? Because I'm a macfaggot but run Linux on my desktop and when looking for themes about a third of them are macos ripoffs. I wish this was not the case but it is.

well yeah, some of the elements of the masos design are really nice, but osx itself is a pos.

*of the top rated themes

Not him but who cares who rips off who, what looks good looks good. Also, ricers don't typically install themes, they make their own and most of them just use a WM like i3 or Openbox.

It's just poor taste I don't know.

Just 1 month after new Debian Stable release. Plebians will taste new Xfce after 3 years.

Attached: 1b9.jpg (640x539, 80K)

Numix, papyrus, faggot

shame the taskbar on arc theme is fucked up and showing a white background for unfocused windows, guess I'll have to fix it myself since its just some CSS, that or use numix for the time being

Attached: file.png (323x49, 5K)

MX Linux will ship with Xfce 4.14. I don't know if Devuan will do the same. Regardless both of them should come with "buster" by the end of the year, since it takes time to take the systemd stuff off of packages.

STINKY RATS GET CLAPPED

Attached: d13.jpg (604x604, 33K)

how does it compare to modern kde? dont care about resource usage, but more speed, look, etc

>XFCE
>mac UI design

Attached: 72d.jpg (323x373, 67K)

It doesnt
KDE is far more fleshed out, but xfce is starting to at least be "modern" if that counts for anything

ok. I remember a few years ago everything used to just break on xfce (2014-15 ish). is their stability good tier now days?

LOL

Does it have fractional scaling though?

idk, but kde does now days

Damn it Debian!
WTF!
NOW WHAT SHOULD I FUCKING USE?

gentoo

No thanks.
I need something that works.
This disqualifies Arch too because I may have to leave my computer without updates for at least a month.
Damn it, Debian stable was perfect, now what?
No way someone backports Xfce 4.14.

Great.. just fucking great.. arc is abandonware and it's the only gtk theme that is bearable

Devuan
Genode
Manjaro
Void
Am i missing one?

You know you can just install it anyways, right?

Couldn't you just compile the newest version of xfce for debian yourself?

>Devuan
Debian only more outdated and without systemd, no thanks
>Genode
Never heard of it
>Manjaro
Arch based, no way
>Void
I'd rather use Alpine
It seems as though that's what I have to do
It sucks big time

Just wait for xubuntu to use it since you're so much of a fag

>>Hidpi can be adjusted between 1x-2x

ie fucking useless

>xubuntu
*ubuntu is trash, I'd rather compile it myself but I use Debian because I'm lazy and I want a GNU/Linux that just works

>ie fucking useless
True.
Use xrandr.
There is a patch to disable bilinear filtering and use nearest neighbour which seems like the better option now.
Also, fuck gnome and fuck wayland

My solution was to buy two 28-incher 4K monitor that match my laptop's DPI.

>Also, fuck gnome and fuck wayland
Isn't wayland meant to fix all the fucking issues? Agree on the fuck gnome part tho

>wayland
>fixing anything
Nope, it's designed to cause an even greater mess and make gnome a hard dependency of GNU/Linux
Wayland is gnome pozed

Holy blue waffles

Attached: Dr.Grant is suprised.gif (384x208, 3.18M)

So much this. A task bar on top and launcher on the bottom is not some glorious Applel invention.

You're thinking of gnome
Xfce is not shit like gnome
Xfce users are not babies and they have the greatest most customisable desktop ui on all os

>A task bar on top and launcher on the bottom is not some glorious Applel invention
>A menu bar on top and a dock on bottom
Holy shit you can't make this shit up apple fags confirmed retards

Are there any xfce themes/icons that meet material design standards? I prefer my workflow to have consistent design language across devices.

Will xfce 4.14 support Wayland? I am sick of using a 30 year old hacked together display system, I'm ready to switch to a 10 year old hacked together display system.

>Props to the XFCE team
>team
Isn't it literally just one dude at this point?

So which is better now, this or KDE?

Windows

>x is old meme
X got in production within months since inception
Git likewise went into production within months of mailing list announcement
Systemd became the defacto init system within months since the first blog post and surpassed all other inits
That's the sign of good software and competent developers that create something good
Wayland?
Lmao.
10 years it's not yet production ready, has less features than X, it's slower than X, it's buggier than X, it's design proved worse than X, it's a bigger incompatible mess than everything else
FUCK WAYLAND

wayland is a protocol, not a program, and not comparable to any of those things

You could always do this

unix.stackexchange.com/questions/237139/how-to-bind-the-super-key-to-whiskermenu-without-breaking-superother-combinatio

Window buttons -> Show flat buttons

As someone who uses Arch, Openbox, tint2, Lxterminal and some other LXDE apps, why should I switch to XFCE? Seems like it's a bunch of lock-in packages that don't provide anything more than what I have.

>linux users wish they were using a mac
No, they prefer to use hardware that isn't trash

More of a unified complete desktop experience than LXDE, not amateur hour shit or standalone apps that feel taped together

Still not bloat like KDE or restrictive like GNOME. Lightweight and modular.

Dude if you are knitpicking so hard why not use linux from scratch, hell make your own OS

I tried it, it was disappointing. The mouse is faster than the window by 2cm on a 27" display. That is unacceptable. Same with compton, i dunno what magic kde/plasma does but it does vsync faster than them and the windows lag behind the mouse cursor only barely 0,5cm. The best is still wayland in that regard but it has shit performance for gaming.

I fixed it a few hours ago after by just copying the theme and throwing some CSS onto it but your method works as well.

.xfce4-panel button:not(:checked){
background: inherit;
border: 0px;
color: inherit;
}

>gay OSX

Adapta is great

void has a glibc version and it's way comfier than any other distro