>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does. OR upscale from lower resolution with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come within a week. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>Beware and report the permaban evading Jow Forums spammer who posts fake benchmarks
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: DG8xozHV0AAaECy.jpg:large.jpg (680x645, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/articles-pages/asus-radeon-rx-5700-xt-rog-strix-review,1.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/QHsJFt
guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_radeon_rx_5700_xt_rog_strix_review,10.html
displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/87afc5928
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone know the difference between Arctic P14 and F14 fans? which one do I buy for case mount?

My fucking vcore jumped to 1.495 on prime95 as soon as I changed that option. Wtf?

P14 is designed to focus the stream of air so it provides high static pressure. Good for an intake if what you want to cool is right in its line of fire, otherwise the F14 pushes the same CFM at lower RPM.

thanks, so for exhaust F series is better, I got a weak exhaust fan most of all. and my intake is under dust filter but intterrupted within the case

How good are 120x120mm AIOs? I'd have to get rid of the HDD cage to go for 120x240mm

like a 240?

guru3d.com/articles-pages/asus-radeon-rx-5700-xt-rog-strix-review,1.html
First AIB review is up.

A 240 what?

>may the best one win
uhhhhh?????

Attached: piper alpha.png (900x733, 120K)

as expected from triple slot

Attached: untitled-4.png (682x1037, 67K)

pretty good
i guess now that the cooling isn't a shitty blower, the factory OC clocks speed will put it on par with 2070s

>more fps than even 2080ti
the wait was worth it

Attached: untitled-1.png (713x909, 54K)

beats the 2070s

Attached: untitled-7.png (712x962, 58K)

how does it perform on 1440p?

>buy a 1k GPU
>play 1080p
Lol wut

it's same 4-6 fps difference, basically nothing
Asus 5700XT gained 2-4fps more across the board, 2070S gains 1-2 FPS from AIBs because chip is already pushed to the limit by Nvidia
so AIB 5700XT seems way better deal than reference now, will see what powercolor go tomorrow
I hope toxic rumor is true, navi scales pretty well with cooling it seems

Post the 4k graph you dumb faggot.

same margins but with lower FPS,margin gap is actually slightly smaller

Attached: untitled-8.png (713x962, 58K)

>NOOOOO you're not allowed to bench on 1080 when we lose
ok my nigga
what's next? >muh 4k ?

Attached: untitled-2.png (712x934, 55K)

What I'm saying is I can game 1080p on a fucking potatoe. 1440 and 4k start to show what a video card us actually capable of.

>5700xt beats 2070s for 150 eur less

Attached: untitled-10.png (712x962, 60K)

monitors with higher refresh rates than 60hz exist user

Looking at this right now:
pcpartpicker.com/list/QHsJFt
Items marked purchased are already owned from previous builds with no plans to change right now. Don't even ask about the PSU, it was part of a misguided housefire SLI build.

>1fps difference
>150 more euros
one expensive frame you got there

Attached: 1204494473175.png (752x892, 230K)

No shit. I'm saying a spread of resolutions shows the whole picture.

looks alright, what got your doubts?

Not sure about the mass storage and whether I should get different dual-rank memory.

I'm going for a 5700 xt but, as for the cpu, what exactly would the 3700x improve over the 3600?

right now, nothing
but I would consider 3600x as a better quality of life solution, got better lows and no need to tweak

Worth upgrading from an i5-3570k to a ryzen 2600?
I think it's bottlenecking my rx580 since it's running at 100% during some games.
I'd have to get a new motherboard and all that fun stuff too though.

Just done doing the math
@1080
5700xt 120.86 average
2070s 123.29 average
2% in favor of 2070s

@1440p
5700xt 92.14 average
2070s 93.57 average
1.5% in favor of 2070s

price difference of 100-150 eur in favor of 5700xt

Hey guise, it's been more than 2 years with my pc
I7 6600
8 GB ram
Sapphire 480 4Gb (or 8...)
MSI Mobo

I'm mostly playing 1080p games.

Do you guise recommend any changes ?

Are you having actually having an issue with some sort of slow performance or some such?

With the stock cooler?

How big is the difference in sound between high end case fans and your typical fans bundled with cooler?
signifcant enough to buy one?

so we can safely say that the ASUS STRIX is literally /our/ card?

But it also gets to temps of 80°C or even higher which worries me about the lifespan of the card

nitro+ will be even better

not with that cooler
guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_radeon_rx_5700_xt_rog_strix_review,10.html

>they finally fixed the temps
5700xt it is

Attached: 5700xt temp.png (682x916, 54K)

>breaking 300 leafbucks.

Dats extremely hard to do

s is silent mode
p is when the fans are doing their job

What is the difference from the (s )to the (p)?

Hyper 212 evo or 120mm liquid aio?

s silent fan mode
p power fan mode

should be fine, not sure about sound levels on those things, people seems to like them

The joke is that Nvidia fights fairly compared to Intel who just blatantly lies in a way that you figure must be illegal (and often is).

>2-3% fps increase
Well yeah, that was the expected amount.
I'm not impressed by the 40dB, but sound pitch also matters.
I owned a Strix 1070 and it was EXTREMELY quiet. The cooler looks the same, except the new fans. Not sure if the new fans are worse, or it's just because the 5700XT uses a bit more power than the 1070.
I do know from experience that a card that's 10 dB higher can actually sound more quiet due to the pitch, but still.

see custom cards don't have this problem also see asus dual BIOS thingy is peculiar though and performance wise doesn't give that much either

if not for asus strix tax

>Nvidia fights fairly
>gimps your driver
>spreads fud
>pays off reviewer with nvidia partner program

Well, it's kind of a high end pc (made myself) but I feel this can be kinda better.
I have a ssd with W7 on it and a HDD
Also, in PUBG can start to be laggy af after 2/3 games.

they changed fans for whole strix series starting with RTX

Help, Jow Forums

It's time to decide between these two monitors.

I can't make a decision for the life of me.
Here's the stats displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/87afc5928

Attached: Capture.png (516x268, 139K)

I take it lower is better?

yes

I would choose AOC, standard quality

Normally these things would be inverted so that the better thing is on top. Avoids confusion.

Curved monitor is good for robots that never move, so if you are an NPC, buy the left one. If you are a human, buy the right one.

I'm only getting confused by what cpu to buy. I've heard often enough that people have problems with amd motherboards, be it bios problem or the onboard fan being loud as fuck and running when it's not needed. That puts me away from amd. With intel I don't know if 8/8 is enough or if I even need hyperthreading since I don't use productivity applications and the only intensive stuff I do is gaming. Though I do have the browser open while playing. Regarding to price an i7 9700k with a mobo would be cheaper than a ryzen 3700x with a 570.

read proper reviews. monitors aren't as simple as spec sheet.

you don't need 3700x+x570 for gaming.
gaming is 3600/x+B450

What are the Jow Forums approved Nvidia card brands? In specific 2070s.

>The realm AMD is sitting in performance-wise with the RX 5700 series is the non-Super models 2060 and 2070 with exceptions here and there.
I didn't realize guru3d were such biased Nvidia shills.
The 5700XT beats the 2070 in virtually every single game. Maybe 1% lower on some. Matches/beats the 2070S in others, according to their own tests. How does their conclusion not match their testing?
>Then there is, of course, the discussion on how relevant you find hardware-accelerated Raytracing
Ray tracing in games looks shit currently, with ghosting of lighting and reflection and tons of other artifacts. The 2080Ti is not powerful enough to run it well without all the annoying artifacts. It'll likely not be until 2023 until there is a card that will run it well, and the $300 cards then will probably be twice as good at ray tracing as the 2080Ti is.
This is blatant snakeoil selling like Tom's Hardware "Just buy it!" piece.
>and Tensor support.
Same shit. What the hell? This is just blatant FUD.
Where was guru3d when Pascal didn't have proper HDR support, async compute support, etc?
Harping on about RDNA not having "tensor cores" is like harping on about how Turing has worse shader cores than RDNA, but they're not doing that.
tensor cores are just very specific extra cores, whereas AMD has made their shader cores even more general purpose than before.
Tensor cores are COMPLETELY USELESS for gaming, as DLSS has demonstrated, so why is guru3d shilling that wasted die space garbage?

I meant to write "relatively fairly" compared to intel. Intel is far worse. Neither are as transparent as AMD.
You forgot to mention how Nvidia blatantly lied about DLSS, RTX, and Gigarays/s. But Intel has made 100 times more blatant lies in the past 2 years.

I haven't heard bad things about the MSI. It's a VA so you'd think it'd have ghosting but I think quite a lot of anons have bought it and I haven't heard them bitching about it.

EVGA, MSI

I regret not getting a curved monitor

Thats the problem, reviews are generally good for both of them. What reviewers/sites would you reccomend me to look up reviews on these monitors? New to building, not sure who to trust

evga, galax/kfa2

I bought a 2070 Super for 600€ (the msi trio)
Did I fuck up? Should I have waited for AMD releases this week? The red devil is gonna be around 450-500€

I should mention I am also gonna do machine learning and amd seems to need a bit of a workaround to work properly with tensorflow.

Again, if the raw performance were everything, the 5700xt would be cannibalising Nvidias range just like Zen 2 has made everything below a 9900k redundant.

Clearly, something must be wrong here, there's got to be a reason actual demand is fairly lackluster and even AMD is looking more towards big Navi.

I'm not interested in having to do a bios update and dealing with whatever problems that might cause and max board aren't sold where I am.

you could have gotten 98% of the performances for 400 eur
you just paid 50% of the price for 2% more fps average

Mobile gaymen is pretty hot right now. Like all fads it will burn its self out in a year or two. Perhaps game companies will start releasing games with good story telling rather than flashy graphics like classic Bioware. haha you wish!

Retarded reference cards

Yeah but what about better video encoding and machine learning?

>there's got to be a reason actual demand is fairly lackluster
i don't see the nvidia releases getting more attention
GPU perf doesn't target as wide an audience as CPU because the productivity and server crowd isn't here

>this shit again

fuck off samefag

Their page says 8gb ram is the minimum, maybe get more. Otherwise I guess keep task manager's performance tab open while playing for a bit, when you get the lag see which component is causing the bottleneck.

I agree, older spec mobos don't make a great deal of sense considering AM4 still has 1 or 2 generations left.

Most people don't need to go beyond a $200 Gigabyte Aorus Elite. Your use case sounds like you don't need more than a 3600 either, that's $130 off right there.

what the fuck are you talking about?
Are you literally the most retarded person on Jow Forums, or are you trying to gaslight people?

Your question is like asking why Nvidia made the 2080Ti when they are also making a 2070.
Why does Ford make the GT when they also make the Mustang?
Completely different markets, you unbelievable retard.

Attached: i beat you up.png (833x1003, 542K)

Predictions are am5 next summer.

The 2070S is sold out everywhere.

Those predictions are from retards then, AMD has already guaranteed AM4 for Zen 3 through 2020.

Wow why'd you pay 50% more money for a 0-2% performance gain over a 5700XT? Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually worse than the 5700XT in your workloads, as the 5700XT tends to perform between the 2080 and 2080Ti in most productivity applications.
Tensorflow works on AMD, you know. Calling their shit tensorcores was just to meme people into thinking they need an Nvidia card for it.

Did you actually look up what the best card for the money is in tensorflow?

paper launch to get people to give up and clear out 2070 stock instead.

I'm pretty sure AM5 isn't coming until zen4 or zen5. Likely zen5.
zen3 and zen4 may be AM4+ or something, but also seems unlikely.

The only real reason for AMD to change socket for zen3 would be mere convenience to make packaging (substrate wiring, namely) easier.

Looks like I'll go evga. Thanks Anons

not in europe

Next summer is 2020

they said am4 until 2020
they can do am4 till Q2 2020 and switch to am4+ or am5 in Q3 2020 when they release zen3 so they wouldn't have lied

As the other guy said, next summer IS 2020 and q3 is also summer.

I dont think you should sweat it though. the 3900 is going to be pretty future proof. You can get a good 6 years minimum out of it. Unless someone comes up with true mutithreading or quantum enabled processors in the next 2 years.

didn't ayymd said they do something along the lines of 4t per c in the upcoming years?

sauce on that pic?

Even if someone figures out quantum computers they're very unlikely to be consumer products within I guess 5 years of discovery if even that, and not sure how programs will have to adjust to that if there's some new logic it goes off of.

Oh shit didn't see that. Definitely
picking this up for my new build I'm buying in a couple days

They would not produce quantum processors for the consumer market as quantum is not good for everything. They would have normal processors +Q for special tasks that would not interfere with normal operations.

Probably upgrade the gpu and ram but the rest is fine.

tft central is the one I use, but they don't have all models, read couple of their reviews to know what to look at in different reviews
they are very thorough

Finally a use for PCIe4?

>How good are 120x120mm AIOs?
Which CPU and which case?
Sounds like a temp issue after a couple games. I'd start by opening up the case dusting it. Maybe reseat the heatsinks on the CPU and GPU.

nobody reads what he wrights, his graphs are quite neutral though compared to everyone else
and he is recommending custom 5700xt for purchase quite plainly
guru3d is one of the most neutral sources out there, it's true journalism compared to techpowerup for example

I'm not 100% sure on the CPU yet but a 1st or 2nd gen Ryzen 5. Later on I'll be upgrading to a 3rd gen Ryzen 7 but at that point I'll have a NAS and will be able to drop the HDD cage and go with a 120x240mm rad. It's going in a Lian Li PC-Y6