All memes aside, what can we expect from intel GPUs?

all memes aside, what can we expect from intel GPUs?

Attached: 031B65B6-F4C8-42F0-B89A-2B8DCD5E6E94.jpg (4032x2268, 478K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/3429582/intels-first-discrete-xe-graphics-cards-cost-200.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they somehow leak all of your personal data, even the one that isn't on your computer

shitty drivers

No drivers.

you make the drivers for them

You pay them to make the drivers yourself.

I make the drivers for everyone for free

overpriced and underpowered

Thank you for your service.

they're almost competitive until half a dozen vulnerabilities pop up and they're nerfed

You're welcome but Intel has instructed me that all driver updates have to be distributed through Windows Update only and cannot be uploaded to their main website
In fact there are no driver downloads available on Intel's site

apparently their old test demo GPUs used x86 cores that "bit-banged" graphic stacks like various versions of openGL and vulkan
since x86 is ridiculously inefficient for this, they may use FPGAs instead, but it will be crazy expensive

Not a lot.
Probably heavily lean on Vulkan performance.
Like, 30-40% less performance than competing AMD/Nvidia cards in gaming
Massive issues in mainstream games
"WE'RE TRYING TO COMPETE IN THE COST TO PERFORMANCE SPACE"
"GAME DEVELOPERS WILL SMOOTH OUT SOME OF THE BUGS AND ARTIFACTS. WE'RE A NEW ARCH, SO THERE ARE GOING TO BE GROWING PAINS"
"OUR WORKSTATION CARDS ARE PERFORMING VERY FAVORABLY TO COMPETING CARDS IN SYNTHETIC BENCHMARKS"
"OUR MARKET IS THE OFFICE PC USER, ANYWAY"

For the sake of comparison, the Iris Plus GPU in the highest end Ice Lake CPUs Wins and Loses vs the Vega 10 APU combo in certain games. It needs 64 "Cores" or "execution units" to do this. Vega needs 10 "compute units" to do this.
There is no way that this scales anywhere near favorably for them.

Most likely nothing significant for the first 1-2 generations.

I unironically expect them to require the user to remove the cooler and apply decent thermal paste to it to stop them thermal throttling constantly.

Attached: 1541196795111.jpg (448x545, 132K)

You can't compare compute units between vendors.
Besides that Icelake GPU also has notably more transistors than Vega 10 and also has around 70% more memory bandwidth.

These GPUs are going nowhere.

RDNA2 will burn Intel's GPU efforts to the ground, their shit is unscalable..

bringing vulnerabilities to the GPU world

aibs come into play with GPUs, that would be fun to watch if anyone even be on board to launch anything

AIBs don't really matter to Intel, they can sell directly since they're so big and nothing's stopping them from having reference blower, open air and AIO coolers.
AIBs are important to smaller companies that need the AIBs market connections.
Intel is bigger than AMD, NVidia and all the AIBs combined.

another backdoor for glow niggers

that's not how GPU market works though
I would think thrice before buying reference graphics card of any kind.

The GPU market works like it works because AMD and Nvidia are small companies with small company restrictions.
Making a few different PCBs with different VRM layouts is literally chump change for Intel.

by your logic intel should make their own motherboards, not to mention same companies make graphics cards and motherboards

Intel used to make motherboards, but that was far too low margin for them.
Intel still has to design reference PCB so the only thing going with AIBs would do is lower their own margins.

>all the AIBs
Nah. Asus is owned by Pegatron which is alone half of the intel.

Disappointment, heat, shit drivers and stagnation. They'll collude with the other two to keep prices as high as possible.

special features/speedup only if you have intel cpu and gpu

Pozzed stuttering housefires

I N T E G E R S C A L I N G

They're the only ones who have even acknowledged the demand for it since 1440p+ became a thing. ATI and Nvidia have been asked to do it for years, Microsoft were asked too and no-one wants to do it. Monitor manufacturers shrug it off too. Intel stepped up and announced their cards would support integer scaling.

If you can use their GPU's in a system with an nvidia/ATI card or they can even match performance with those cards then they'll have a dedicated following.

pcworld.com/article/3429582/intels-first-discrete-xe-graphics-cards-cost-200.html

n-no...

Attached: 1491958654249.png (653x726, 84K)

I can see intel pushing their gpus to be included in pre-builts along with their cpus.

Intel Xe GPU will only work best when using Clear Linux and when installed in an Intel based hardware build.

Suspect this would be the case even if they had good drivers and if the graphics card worked fine regardless if you used AMD or Intel for the main PC chipset/ CPU.

This seems like the only realistic way to get around the potential driver issue I see on here.

Are they even competing in small market for gaming?
They will most likely compete in professional space for deep learning market against Nvidia. That is where most money is, corporations buying overpriced GPUs for thousands of dollars.

Probably a backdoor.

>Are they even competing in small market for gaming?
No, not by the looks of their SKU's.

>RDNA2 will burn Intel's GPU efforts to the ground, their shit is unscalable..
So much shit pulled out of some drone's ass in one post...

inb4 it'll actually run on 100% usage all the time because it'll be busy decrypting all the data it can find on your disks.

Housefires

>Are they even competing in small market for gaming?
Yes, but perhaps not immediately out of the gate. It could be their first products will be HPC/enterprise oriented.

low power consumption
good software support

also VP9 hardware encoder

Excellent Linux drivers.

It's Intel, not AMD though. Intel had consistently provided good GPU drivers to Apple, Microsoft, Linux, BSD, and etc.
Why would their dedicated GPU be any different?

Year of the Clear Linux gaming desktop

>dogshit drivers outside shit like fortnite or esports games that make money
>"it's a budget GPU for gamers at a price point
>performs on par with AMD APU's
>bunch of dedotated wam
>3 generations before anything actually comes close to AMD/Nvidia offerings
>price points will be ultra high and sub 125 USD

>It's Intel, not AMD though. Intel had consistently provided good GPU drivers to Apple, Microsoft, Linux, BSD, and etc.

Depends what you mean by good, performance wise? eh that's heavily debatable since most intels GPU's are often just good as an intergrated solution. Overall their IGP stuff rarely benefits from updates unless it's the very specific game lineup they have to offer

They'll probably bump amd GPUs out of second place, and might have features that could compete with nvidia.

I will be impressed if they do any of the following:

1. Produce a GPU+board without cooling or power issues under high load. (no blower cooler)
2. Have a price point that is less than the competition
3. Have linux gaymen support
4. Have Dx9-12 winders game support with good drivers
5. Overclocking utilities support bios mods.

Unfortunately, its unlikely any of these will come to pass. They're not going to make a consumer GPU, it will be for GPGPU and won't have any but the most basic drivers and support.

>
>Depends what you mean by good, performance wise?
Good as in that they work as intended, and have god tier documentation, and support.
>eh that's heavily debatable since most intels GPU's are often just good as an intergrated solution
All their "GPUs" have been integrated solutions, but that doesn't change the fact that they actually provide the best drivers, and have consistently put their own time, and money to make sure that they are cross compatable.

Hybrid SLI/xfire type shit with intel CPU's for GAMER BOOST or some shit
Cards specifically built for E-sports titles
Cheap price point that is essentially Intel HD graphics on steroids or multiple ones on the same PCB that work in a x2 card
Some coprocessor feature for Intel supported boards and cpu's when paired properly
Ray tracing focused
Completely weird price point options that are either budget or xtreme

I'll be impressed if they have that + 10/12/14 bit color support for consumer cards.

>GAME DEVELOPERS WILL SMOOTH OUT SOME OF THE BUGS AND ARTIFACTS. WE'RE A NEW ARCH, SO THERE ARE GOING TO BE GROWING PAINS
This is legitimately likely desu, not as an excuse but straight up weird Intel specific bugs because of their implementation are almost guaranteed. We still see the occasional AMD exclusive bug, you think Intel will be better?

The first cards will be for crypto and the like. No chance they're aiming for the gaming market for the first year or two, though they might have products available before that. It won't be the focus unless they are sure they are competitive.

No they haven't, Intel pays Mesa to make drivers for Linux, same as AMD.

Probably big suck

Intel has better exsisting hardware acceleration than amd, so I expect something that's like their igpu, but for 4k.
Faster quick sync, and etc, and faster calculations at a specific thing that most people don't use.

Gay niggers from outer space

>AMD pays
Sauce

Top notch open source drivers like their current iGPU drivers. Intel is also one of the biggest contributors to the kernel so we can expect good Linux support overall.

all their contributions glow in the fucking dark

Unlike Intel CPUs which are useless and that nobody but paid marketers and redditors who really like the logo buy, the Intel GPUs will be really good for the price and will push AMD and NVIDIA to actually make a decent product for once.
I'm talking, 2080 for $300 type good.

delidding

Attached: 1500547153314.jpg (500x375, 59K)

it'll probably be a good choice for compute workloads but be absolutely useless for gaming. like radeon vii but probably quite a bit cheaper

>I'm talking, 2080 for $300 type good.
Lul. What makes you think this, and when will it be available? I mean a 2080 for $300 would be kind of shit in a while.

Probably not great performance wise considering how tiny the cooler is.

They have shown us literally no samples or live demos yet despite bringing up so much hype.
I expect it will be delayed at least once and the price will be higher than expected.

inb4 Intel beats AMD to hardware raytracing support.

Jesus fucking christ AMD gonna be 3rd in the GPU arena soon.

Attached: sheboughthimamd.jpg (520x345, 36K)

Calling it now, performance just below RTX 2060 and a $300 price point.

Another ME

You need to pay to OC.
Shitty drivers.
High price.

>Wam- Wambo!