Lol

lol

Attached: 64oa33nax9f31.png (1440x2352, 1.77M)

>Fagioli

Attached: aaa.gif (400x400, 155K)

Wasn't LJ already dead? (I think in 2018)

it wasn't

what this faggot doesn't know is that most cheap people in fact only pirate windows, you can tell by all the gaymers with their screen recordings of "windows activation" on hold

What even is the issue though? Everything should be free.

>linux users are bad goys
Why are you so cheap, goy? Stop kvetching and spend money!

Attached: 046b9350-84c3-4538-a417-d34b8f04a58c.jpg (909x1920, 74K)

>give me money goy
"no"

Linux is a kernel.

It's also the generalized name of the family of operating systems.

No it's not.
>inb4 wikipedia article
It's wrong.

I can't stop you from denying reality.

>fagioli
can't make that shit up

ravioli ravioli OP is such a fagioli

Is that Fagioli in the pic?

>denying reality
Oh, the irony.

I've never even heard of these guys. Once I found a distro I liked, I donated $200 to the project. I also donate around 50 bucks every 2 years or so. Which means I've spent more on my Linux distro than I ever have on Windows.

The reality is that this word used this way by majority of population. Whether you consider it right or wrong is irrelevant.

Attached: LETS_RAVIOLI.jpg (833x869, 78K)

God fucking dammit you're gonna make somebody post it. Stop, now, please, before it's too late.

>argumentum ad populum
Bugman confirmed.

>has seen one or two users with a windows activation reminder
>this proves that windows must be worse than linux
>despite linux fags shoving in the word free in about every sentence they mutter.
The nonsense ideologists need to tell themselves to uphold their idiotic beliefs..
Don't you get tired of having to tell yourself these lies?

Attached: 1547264446568.jpg (950x534, 132K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.

Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Is it wrong to fap to this?

This is literally how words get new meanings - people start using them in a new way. Lay off that latin and use your brain for a moment.

This makes me proud. Why should I spend money on some shitty publication? Other publications will pay for me to read them for free.

There are some things that are good enough that I'll pay but then they're also unable to get advertising.

But why the FUCK would I pay for fart apps???

>not spending money on useless shit =/= cheap
Cope. Also, that last sentence seems is, "[citation needed]."

>Fagioli
Pasta with beans is disgusting.

>try to use Linux as a funding medium for your womyn's outreach program and your tranny surgery
>people don't want to fund non-Linux shit
>WAH THEY CHEAPSKATES
KEK

Meanwhile the linux foundation makes millions of dollars.

>faglioli

>pirate
>activation" on hold
t. retard doesnt know about the trial

What a flex

Quit sucking Stallman's musty cock.

no

Extremely based.

>Pasta with beans is disgusting.
suck-a my noodle

you mean
GNU/Linux, user

fpbp, didn't even notice
>mfw

Attached: 1433710417848.gif (500x255, 987K)

>somehow twists article about Linux into "look at how great Apple is"
>Fagioli
Memes DO write themselves after all

Not to mention that GNU plus Linux users spend noticable more than the average on Humble Bundle stuff. That leads to the conclusion that the "Linux Journal" is fucking trash and GNU plus Linux users would rather donate the money to their distribution of choice.

Go harvest your foot feast.

I mean Linux.

Linux is just the kerne
lwhy are you so rude user?

It's also the generalized name of the family of operating systems.

>iPhone users will actually buy apps, while Android users would rather looks at ads than part with a measly dollar
Wow, I didn't know I could advertise my shit in random apps without giving anyone any money!

>name is literally an insult
holy shit that's fucking amazing
what a world

>fagoli

Attached: 1561317217086s.jpg (249x249, 9K)

>betanews
>fagioli
You can't make this up.

Attached: 1565378103639.png (916x900, 566K)

>imagine paying for some 0 and 1 put together...
>imagine watching ads
people deserve the gulag

Attached: 400.jpg (585x399, 79K)

This guy is happier with his demanding wife and his Lego spaceship than you will ever be.

>90% upvoted

Attached: ea724f8a70b0ebaa70c5f51fc95a46eb5eeb2b6f5c0a4a4c14d0bf5067819bc3.jpg (500x570, 62K)

the full name is GNU/Linux tho

>implying you need gahnoo to run loonix

>linux journal shuts down
and nothing of value was lost

GNU/Linux is somethjng that is not used at all. It could be classified as an archaic name, I guess. The meaning people give to the word Linux when they use it, in most of the cases, is the generalized name of the family of operating systems. Now you may consider this to be incorrect, for whatever reasons, but it's reality. Saying you disagree with it is one thing, denying that the word has this meaning makes you a madman.

>implying you're paying for the finished product and not the labor
turbobrainlet

trial that never ends
i don't have to tell myself anything, i use what i want, live and let live
i guess
I don't use GNU features, why should we use "GNU/Linux" on one side and "Linux" on the other? are you dumb?

>I don't use GNU features, why should we use "GNU/Linux" on one side and "Linux" on the other? are you dumb?
have you actually read my post

i meant to answer , sorry

>software
>the labor

Attached: wtf am i reading.png (3300x3140, 555K)

turbobrainlet confirmed

>I don't use GNU features
What do you use, then? Are you building a ulibc/busybox/kde system just to prove that you don't *have* to use GNU?

Attached: 130221984383.png (200x200, 126K)

There was simply no demand for it. With the extensive documentation of many distros and projects, along with some great blogs, I don't see much of a niche for this kind of publication.
I'm sure there is lots of great content which, in isolation, seems well worth paying for. But it can't compete with the ecosystem around it.

the biggest thing GNU has is glibc, it's utilities have alternatives and there are distros like Alpine
or if you want a brainlet answer, android

>the biggest thing GNU has is glibc
Oh, and Grub, and coreutils, GPG, gawk, less and a ton of other little tools and utilities that you don't normally think about.

Yes, all of these have alternatives, but in practice almost everyone uses the GNU variants unless they have specific reason to do otherwise. More importantly, GNU was the preexisting framework into which Linux originally slotted. Just because some specific parts may or may not be specifically developed by the FSF itself doesn't really change the fact that we have GNU/Linux systems thanks to the GNU project.

Just because it was useful at some point does not mean it deserves to fuck up the otherwise fine name Linux.

the only thing I need from GNU to run a Linux system is GCC and that's for compiling it, anything other than glibc and GCC is not major at all.

>grub in 2019
lmao

ITT: people confusing Italian surname with Jewish surname

>uefi in any year
lmao

this
why are beans so funny?

It is. Language is made from convention.

You're the first one to bring up joos
People are just making fun of the "fag" bit

How is it a collectible if it was available for over 2 years?

>gnu is only made by stallman
>or even mainly

Old journalism is dead.
If even Brian Lunduke can make money you are doing something seriously wrong.

Press S

no apps worth using have ads.
no apps worth using cost money (only soul).

Another case of fpbp

Attached: pepedog.jpg (640x640, 110K)

>I don't use GNU features
You do. GNU is even more prevalent than Google products and services. If you've ever uses gcc, you do use GNU. If you've used anything compiled with gcc, you're using GNU as a contrib element. Your computer depends heavily on GNU, sometimes even if you use Windows.

>stop kvetching and pay us

what is so bad about uefi?

sorry for retard question

I don't know. Is it?

Attached: 41587593e9070447be7fe5a12fef28e2.png (1250x1250, 766K)

>not using tcc
>not compiling everything by yourself

I never fucking asked for a linux journal, did I?
All the information I want is already out there because, surprise, linux is free and open source

I've never read Linux Journal so I can't really comment on whether or not the content was good.

Maybe he was posting stupid shit tier articles like "Top 10 administration commands!" and "How to automate bash scripts at boot!"

It's a complex and ugly standard, much like ACPI. Certainly there are reasons to replace the BIOS interface, but UEFI has so much extra ugliness that it's actually worse. I'll just quote Linus for the rest:

Why are dragon "loli" posters such horrible, revolting beings?

Where do you think you are?

i don't think you can compile linux using tcc.

It is good you decided to comment regardless then.

>t. retard zoomer summerfag that doesn't know about kms_vl_all and meme arrows

google it, you uber faggot

ravioli ravioli op literally is a fagioli

And does that mean that the users of that Kernel can't be conservative spenders?

I don't get what you are trying to say, the "information" is entirely besides the point?

what de fug is linux journal?

>Ads
Aren't advertisements more profitable then charging a flat rate for apps?
Not counting microtransactions.

I do know about that shithead, he was implying using a trial is piracy which it isnt

Imagine asking for donations and then getting pissed when people dont care anough about your shit to donate. Also get up on outta here with your app bullshit. Im sure ads make way more money then paid apps. Also if you want to receive money make something worth paying for.