The only laptops that haven't fallen for the thin and light meme...

>the only laptops that haven't fallen for the thin and light meme, have decent port selection and upgradability are gaymurr laptops
How did it come to this?

Attached: Dell_TA.jpg (1200x900, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Eurocom-Sky-X9C-i7-8700K-GTX-1080-SLI-Clevo-P870TM1-G-Laptop-Review.274230.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's exactly the same with phones. We're headed into some strange sort of world now.

Attached: 71437399_p4.jpg (254x307, 27K)

Ahem

Attached: mildef-rw11-1-1200x0-c-default.jpg (1200x1159, 122K)

that's a smaller market

a market for corporations into the corporation market

What's the point of a laptop that is not thin and light?

>thin and light for portability is a meme

>get a $400 laptop
>put it in a chink rubber case
>it's worth $1499 now because "military grade"

I prefer more ports

why do I have to like whatever you bought from the marketing

Tim Apple made it normal to have shit io
other companies realized thin and light and little customization increases profit margins

Lies. My Aero 15 has loads of ports, most of them i'll never use.

gay people tend to praise other gays' preferences, life styles, etc

it's normal. keep going senpai
just don't catch aids ok

>loads of ports
>no vga
>no expresscard
>no separate headphone and microphone ports
>no cd/dvd drive
>no flopdisk reader
>no vhs player
thats a pass for me.

no s-video out
no rj11
no paralel
no serial
no dock port

>gayman laptop
Lmaoing @ your life choices. Just buy a fucking desktop for a fraction of the price, you clueless moron. And with all the money you saved, buy a decent laptop for work.

Try reading the post again.

Because laptops are meant to be portable computers and the market has largely decided that 13" laptops that are about 3 pounds are ideal.

I can't even find a new laptop these days that still has a DVD drive built in.

Attached: kakyoin aaaa.jpg (737x556, 109K)

Weren't there a whole genre of 17" laptops called "desktop replacement" that weren't focused on portability? Are they ded now?

Why would you want that? In the rare case you're using DVDs, you can get an external drive. Hell, people remove those DVD drives to install another HDD.

I highly recommend clevo laptops (and their resellers like Eurocom, Sager, etc). They have quite a few models that aren't super thin and have high-end specs, but without the "gaymur" aesthetic.

They're still around
notebookcheck.net/Eurocom-Sky-X9C-i7-8700K-GTX-1080-SLI-Clevo-P870TM1-G-Laptop-Review.274230.0.html

>12lbs

Why would anyone want that? At this point, just get two PCs. Hell you can get for 7K
>a 3K razer laptop for portablilty
+
>a 3K rig
+
>1K worth of RGB lights.

Because in a laptop with an optical drive you can install another hdd or ssd in it, laptops that don't have OD get fuckall in place of it

wrong, I have a Dell Rugged tablet-laptop thingy and has fuckall ports. Like a single USB and HDMI and that's all.

Those thin and light laptops used to be a niche market back in the early years of this decade. They are basically the successors of netbooks. It's very telling how they have taken over the laptop segment. The average person just wants something portable to browse the web and do some office stuff like MS Word.

They're rather niche devices. I used to own a heavy ass Alienware 15-incher and it wasn't such an issue since I carried it with me in my car anyways.

Thin and light is not a meme
I have a Dell 7285 and I now carry it everywhere without thought

Not keeping your misc hentai on a self hosted cloud

My laptop has an nvme port and I’ve swapped out the included optane drive for a 256gb m2 ssd that is 3000/2000 r/w

I bought a new dell g3 15 for that exact reason. Thanks god it doesn't look like a retard gamer rgb riddled infestation.
I only hope I won't regret buying it, I haven't yet put my hands on it since it's still being shipped.
I honestly didn't even want a gaming laptop but this one was on sale and had better specs than similar normal models.
Maybe I should've waited for AMD models but who knows how long will it take...

port selection and upgradability is not a problem if youre not poor but thin laptops have worse cooling but still worth it for lightness

why the fuck would you want to carry around a 20 pound gamer laptop

Breadknife laptops are thin clients in multiple senses of the word.

I fkn wot the cellphone market has never had so many niche products, the only one that's gone is the horizontal sliding keyboard.

>How did it come to this?
Is this not the logical conclusion? This is essentially the only class of consumer portable machines where performance is actually demanded. Mind you, I still think buying a gaming laptop is pretty retarded, but everything else focuses on portability. You know, that's the point of a portable machine. If you have serious performance demands for your work, a desktop is better and that same thing holds true if you have serious performance demands for a hobby too (like gaming). Portables are for taking around with you.

Alienware vs G7? (or g5).
If the G7 is virtually the same price with a newer 20's series card and newer processor, but the ayylmao has a 1070 or 1080, are the things, whatever the fuck they are, that make it "alienware" make it worth it over the "standard dell" regardless?
The glowing alien head?