Games on linux

games on linux

Attached: 611500_screenshots_20190812082526_1.jpg (2560x1440, 483K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton
urbanterror.info/home/
gametracker.com/server_info/216.52.148.134:27961/
runescape.com/downloads/jagexappletviewer.jar
oldschool.runescape.com/jav_config.ws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shazbot

>linux/GNUJ
cringe and virginpilled

nobody calls it gnu/linux or linux/gnu. That's just STUPID
It's real name is (in order of seniority) /linux/xorg/systemd/gnu
and besides which fuck off, you pimpled little dick

You can through wall tho, it's nice.

github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton

>linux/GNÓJ
Here, fixed it for ya.

I tried playing and I know the map so I thought I might be able to manage it but I kept intoing walls and stuff

yeah that's how I am playing vidyas at all

Linux has more games than Windows. But anyway

Not OP, but Quake is and always has been technology.

urbanterror.info/home/

current players: 4, 3 of which are bots and the other one is a BR

>urbanterror
god I used to play it all day with my dad back with 2006

No. It belongs on /v/.

I used to love this game, wonder if anyones playing it still.

games are a complete waste of time

CTF East is still up and running with a full server most nights.
source: I'm an admin there

they keep your mind busy so you don't get bored and ruin your life with drugs or alcohol, at least for me

what about europe?

I'm not sure what European servers are active but we have a lot of European and South American players.

Attached: 1541423123789.jpg (800x600, 73K)

Look at the historical data for the past 30 days. We hit 24 players, the max slots, on most nights.

gametracker.com/server_info/216.52.148.134:27961/

i don't like this game even if there aren't BRs playing (which you already admitted there are)

What's a BR?

anyone knows a good fps with an active community?
other than nexuiz

See

brazilians

Attached: file.png (270x187, 107K)

weird flex but ok

a mud-dwelling creature that carries the white race into greatness with its 300 ping sniping skills

Attached: br_huehue.jpg (1680x1801, 416K)

>tribes ascend
*sip* shit i miss the old days, reminds me when i was in highschool doing lan games on tribe 2

Attached: 1563282488219.png (256x256, 959)

Did Nier save lignux gaming? Playing it now, the dxvk guy made dxvk so he could play it on lignux pretty much

Attached: i7mnn6edkvf31.png (779x960, 446K)

>trip
>Doesn't post any technical questions or shit
nigger

bazowany

i think one of the devs sometimes posts on r9k

> he thought Stallman was an incel

Lmao

>Factorio
>Garry's Mode
>all Zachtronics
>all Valve
>minecraft(forge)
>pretty much all popular flavor-of-the-month indie like Baba Is You, DDLC, Undertale
>all works natively on Linux
I need nothing more.

Freedoom
Nethack

Based

You belong in the trash.

I haven't made the move over to Linux on my main PC, but I use it all of the time on my laptop and all of the low-end games I've tried on my laptop just work.

That said, I'm scared of this scenario happening.

>Run into Linux-only bug that prevents me from enjoying game
>/v/ laughs at me and smugposts saying how it all works perfectly on Windows.

lose yourself in factorio mods

based and tuxpilled

Literally zero technology discussion, just shit that purely belongs on /v/.

You're welcome for the (You)s, now go the fuck back.

0 a.d is pretty good
Better than age of empires II

video games are technology

dilate

Yes, but no one can work 100% time.

But I'm having fun user, that's not a waste of time.

eve online and minecraft work well enough on linux, and those are the only games I really play

been using loonix full-time for about 5 years now, it just werkz

So is your life, but then again there you are.

>nowokurwimowa

So what is some links to your posts on technology?

Stfu niggerfaggot and kys

yikes

>free wallhacks
nice

>in order of seniority
>linux/xorg/systemd/gnu

Are you high on some really good stuff or you're just incompetent?

I play The Elder Scrolls® V: Skyrim™ Especial Edition on Linux using DXVK®

Attached: 1508691169706.png (882x624, 39K)

what game is that in op's pic

can't play minecraft anymore after 1.12 because i only have 4gb ram and there is no way in hell i'm falling for the 8gb meme

quake champions

Is he not??

minetest + mineclone2 mod

Video games are just as technology as freetards spamming their riced desktops

OP here the problem seems to have fixed itself after going from low to ultra settings. Game runs fine now. Used to 180 or more fps in windows but I still get 140 to 150 on lumix so it's OK.

Solution was to turn graphics from low to ultra. I did disable AA because I don't like it though but it seems to run fine now

This. The double standard makes no sense.

Just tried this game it's terrible movement feels clunky and guns don't feel satisfying to shoot. It's a weird mix of CS and call of duty. Just play CS 1.6. Just played a server and literally kept dying to snipers spawn killing because you can just pick any weapon at the start.
inb4 get gud
Why would I put time into a game that's pretty much dying and unsatisfying to play

>I am unable to do something because I have too little RAM
>but more RAM is a meme!
I don't think you understand what meme is.

Attached: hey-nice-meme-this-is-such-an-epic-nice-meme-1010138.png (500x411, 43K)

What are you specs I get like 200fps on Windows but like 50fps on Linux on quake champions. Are you just running steam proton? Or are you doing something else to get better fps?

poorfag

No more a waste of time than any other leisure activity, which is what your capitalist overlords are fully indulging in while you take pride in peasantry.

based

I would play on Linux if it didn't mean a 30FPS drop in CS:GO and stutter
Then again that was on Linux Mint and a month ago, and someone told me low FPS had to do with outdated Mesa drivers? Was interested if someone could help me out on that

Try out steam play with proton if you haven't already, they have solved many of these small issues

but CS:GO has a native Linux port though
isn't the whole point of native Linux ports to be faster than trying to emulate Windows through Proton?
Then again I am really not concerned with switching back to Mint anyway

>implying Quake Champions is any good

I'll stick with Quake I, II, and III tyvm

Attached: 1563121799928.jpg (1000x1308, 132K)

What makes quake champions so bad compared to the dead servers of those games?

absolutely based

Based and free software pilled

Steam proton on gtx 1080

wget runescape.com/downloads/jagexappletviewer.jar && java -Djava.class.path=jagexappletviewer.jar -Dcom.jagex.config=oldschool.runescape.com/jav_config.ws jagexappletviewer jagexappletviewer.jar

fuck poopscape and fuck grindy games

[VGS] [VGS] [VGS] [VGS]

P C I E P A S S T H R O U G H

The game might not launch, but a realistic chance of bugs in a running game that you can't get rid of with five minutes of googling is pretty low.

The most serious bug I have on games that will launch (and I only have one game that won't launch in Wine or Proton) is the title screen in Soul Calibur 6 only displays "press start to play". Pressing a button plays a sound and takes you to a menu like it should, but the logo and shit won't display.

That's it.

Because Mint is really just an Ubuntu reskin, you can install packages meant for Ubuntu and it works fine. Having said that, you want an AMD GCN card (so Radeon 200 series or better), and you want Mesa 19 or better, and I think Ubuntu and Mint run Mesa 19 already. If you run amdgpu (not amdgpu pro, amdgpu) then you'll get much better performance if you're using an actual radeon 200 or 300 series card, but this won't do anything for later cards.

You can find PPAs for new drivers, but I don't use them because they fuck with The Witcher 3 performance even though other games run well.

pic related works fine for me

Attached: FFXIV_SHADOWBRINGERS_logo_EN-2060x1159.png (2060x1159, 1.53M)

He doesn't even know what he's talking about. Anyone that isn't on QC is on Quake: Live.

1, 2, and 3 are all dead. I guess 3 has some players right now because of that gpu update but it wont last long. Live is where everyones at.

chill, you just have to have all the shaders downloaded. It won't happen again after. Quake champs fxcking rules btw.

It has gotten better today desu

>>nowokurwimowa
>faggot
>kurwa
jebbij się w cytrynę

as opposed to posting on a sinaloan agriculture youth club

When are we banning tripfags. Also Minecraft runs on just about anything, I know it’s a baby meme game but it’s comfy

Attached: B07BBDAF-75B5-4D98-84C0-40998AF09CA5.jpg (744x931, 82K)

Exapunks!

Attached: EXAPUNKS - Valhalla (=plastered, 2019-07-02-21-16-55).gif (816x603, 1.33M)

it's called gnu/linux niot because it uses gnu

Hacker battles are such a bad part. It's just TicTacToe but you know your opponent's move beforehand. They are way too limited and strategy poor to be any fun.

Nie da się być tak nowym

You could also do anything else more fulfilling or productive instead with that logic.

The idea is that they're supposed to be played with friends. Though I wish there was a leaderboard like Core Wars.

Though I do think it would make the levels better if you couldn't test your EXA against (online) opponents. If you could only test in a dummy arena with out any enemy EXAs. Then you would go to the actual arena, load your EXA, and then watch either you or your opponent get rekt.