QBittorrent Redesign Feedback - What does Jow Forums think of my qBittorrent UI refresh?

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/11058

What does Jow Forums think?

Attached: 62839651-1749af80-bc63-11e9-9eed-2315d1e4991c.png (1103x731, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/11058#issuecomment-520562744
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I mean I can agree qBittorrent is ugly, but I'm not a fan of this. Too much wasted space, and not enough information on screen. I want more details on my torrents at a glance than this.

btw how can you change the ui font in default qbittorrent?

quoting the same comment from your link
>That is absolutely disgusting. I'm glad you don't work on this project.
now stop shilling your shit e mata-te, Gustavo.

I seriously don't like this babyfication trend of UI with big pictures and too little info.

I hate design like this.
Not everything has to be oversimplified.

stalled

It looks like it sacrifices 90% of the function of the program in order to be easily understood by retards, i.e it's shit.

What the fuck. No. Stop.

looks like ad for ccleaner

what the fuck is this garbage
i'm never updating qbittorrent again
or i'll just switch to another client

click the link.

>less is more
>pure "design"
>you don't need all those complicated options
>you don't need options
No, fuck off. Give me my poweruser features.

this is literally fucking disgusting you incel

ah
fuck gustavo, he has no clue about ui design

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, OP. Not gonna update.

I think you may be retarded

this is ugly as fuck

hard pass

Attached: ddstrmhctrf31.jpg (750x526, 52K)

All jokes aside, I was actually thinking of doing a UWP torrent client for Windows using libtorrent, since qBittorrent is nearly unusable when I use my Surface in tablet mode. But I read somewhere that UWP apps can only be distributed thru the Windows Store, fuck that.

looks awful. you can keep the power features and detailed info while cleaning up the lines and clutter. this is oversimplified.

Shit. Do the same and keep the list and details.

Just keep the same design and give us a dark mode.

for windows should be like this

Attached: qbittorrent.png (1920x1080, 106K)

if you want to fuck up a perfectly fine project go right ahead.

They truly need some flat icons though also it has too many damn bars, just look at this pic, this is bad design.
is on to something.

Attached: look at this shit.png (808x260, 18K)

looks like some gay shit from 2012

Looks like web 4.0 bullshit

Nice job, it's a perfect rendition of what qB would look like if designed by a Win10jeet developer from Microsoft!

agree, but this design might be good for normies if it was downscaled like x2 or x1.5

So am I going to have to use a qbit fork when they fuck up usability with material ui garbage

if you want a torrent client with flat interface just write a wrapper for libtorrent using electron or something. majority of people who use qbittorrent like it just the way it is myself included. i am being biased but there are a lot of torrent clients and each of them has something different to offer. you'll alienate users of your software if you do something drastic like that.

Attached: yuki2.gif (657x532, 2.47M)

Will you retards realize this is some rando moron's UI idea and not something they're actually implementing?

Looks disgusting desu, why is removing useful information from the screen a trend nowadays?

Another software to never update list. God, it's so fucking annoying.

there aren't many torrent clients, and that isn't drastic at all, haburger menus to hide information you don't necessarily need to have on the screen is very common and modern, meanwhile the current interface of qbittorrent is trash.

most icons are rarely used, specially the create torent icon, it has too many bars, looks like internet explorer in 2006, has the same info but doesn't show it to you, you don't go to qbittorrent config every day so why have it on the most used icons? same for file , edit, tools and more. it's outdated crap.

There's a new philosophy of usage, imported from android I guess, that information on your screen must be displayed in order of need. if you rarely create a torrent then why the fuck having a "create torrent" icon, same for adding a torrent via link. it's intelligent design as opposed to the garbage you see from programs that don't have designers and only programmers on their teams, programmers have shit taste and they know shit about design.

post your setup right now

Looks ugly and wastes a lot of space for very little information displayed. Bad UI.

a few minor tweaks and you basically have something that looks modern. And you don't loose any information

Attached: qbittorrent.png (1920x1080, 114K)

>it has too many damn bars
Hide them then

looks like malware that bites stupid niggers to click on big buttons to claim 9999999999 money

Attached: 1552122758467.jpg (489x766, 42K)

>there aren't many torrent clients, and that isn't drastic at all
*there aren't many torrent clients utilizing flat design
also, compared to normal gui using native widgets it is quite drastic. maybe not for someone using mobile stuff all the time. nobody has done it and nobody will do it because it's pointless and a waste of time.
what do you want to see?

Attached: qb.png (1366x738, 93K)

That is goddamn horrific. I demand you kill yourself, immediately!

Why do you people even care about how your fucking torrent client looks? It just has to be finctional imo

so now if i want to make a torrent i have to click 2 or 3 times instead of just one time? sounds like going backwards to me

>

tixati is better. dilate loser

do you create torrents every hour?

I don't, but i do upload new torrent files and magnet links fairly often, as well as adding trackers to torrenrs, which i don't see a abvious button for in the screenshot of OP. My point is just that you should not take away gui functionality for the sake of it being more 'beautiful'

your point is shit, 2 clicks once a day won't kill you, you don't need a create torrent icon since most people don't create torrents and those who do don't do it every day

it's dark for me :^)

And what if I download more than three things at once?

holy shit that is so fucking ugly i think you might be a perfet fit for the microsoft windows UX team

>you don't need a create torrent icon since most people don't create torrents
>Unironically wanting to make it harder for people to give you things for free.

>and those who do don't do it every day
Stop getting things from shitty groups.

caralho gustavo deixa meu qbit em paz

Attached: c070fb918c9634418f496e6ad9595286b610646e1382965470.gif (241x360, 1016K)

Not every program needs a onions UI designed for manchildren, especially not this ugly. No thanks, niggermonkey.

Tinha que ser paulista.

This is the most disgusting thing I've seen in years. Cut off your fingers so I never have to suffer through anything of yours ever again.

Attached: 7b06912c96eb6f88d89b80816bd704040954b18160b5a67132f3f5b85fd01e0d.gif (500x281, 1.59M)

lol

So when you attend a class for UI/UX design in 2019 does the teacher just scream "MAKE EVERYTHING HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE" for an hour?

Every single software, website, etc that I see get redesigned anymore just ends up looking like it's made for blind people, who need 72p font sizes. Everything on desktop looks like a mobile app, etc.

>qBittorrent has a outdated look and feel

It seems in the world of modern UI design this phrase means nothing more than "You can see a lot of information at a glance and it doesn't take 7 clicks to see everything you need to see"

Looks like absolute shit

Looks like it's designed for seniors with vision problems.

cool

If you want a simple interface, just use transmission.

Troll the github issue and post real shitty designs.

april fools

looks like a slightly less ugly transmission

He should just use transmission if he wants a simple IU.

Attached: soyboy.jpg (460x460, 21K)

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/11058#issuecomment-520562744

good guy qbittorrent dev
it's rare to see people online turning down a bad idea so politely

Attached: thumbs up smile.jpg (467x460, 12K)

is this a joke? like, a prank? a ruse? you don't actually think that this is a good idea, right?

I think they should just copy the newest deluge skin and call it a day.

This has to be a troll

The average torrent user would probably like it, people who only download and immediately stop seeding

it's hideous, even the average user would think so. also this wastes almost all of qbit's features, if you want a featureless "clean" interface just program yet another libtorrent frontend.

absolutely disgusting phone toddler UI.
Im glad they're signing you off

This is nice

This looks like something built for mactoddlers.

This seems like a decent place to ask,

How do I hide scrollbars in programs like qBittorent? Or is it coded per program?

I hate this too, you have to focus so hard and actually read to see anything.
you cant just skim over it and see where you need to go.
fuck minimalism cancer and fuck you.

tá feio tem sombra e gradiente tem que ser tudo flat REEE

tinha que ser BR pra fazer uma merda dessas

What the fuck is this? Now I'm glad I switched to Transmission.

>What the fuck is this?
some random fag not related to the project trying to be a designer

Attached: 1558479015220.png (328x326, 108K)

Where are the file thumbnails coming from??? Way too much empty space

I think most of that issue comes from the window being so huge and only one example item in a bunch of empty space.

kekd

this

this looks dumb as fuck lmao

Attached: 1565694690621.jpg (225x225, 5K)

>spics
>ui design
this is why the average iq in south and middle america is like 84