>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does. OR upscale from lower resolution with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come within a week. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>Beware and report the permaban evading Jow Forums spammer who posts fake benchmarks
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1565219921255.jpg (3780x2268, 912K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FQJCm7bnOfU
youtube.com/watch?v=FQJCm7bnOfU&feature=youtu.be&t=946
tftcentral.co.uk/articles/high_refresh_rate.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=QXpL98TxO6w
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/n9bXXP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Intel a suck

>tries to lie and downplay about being BTFO
again, this exactly what I expected from you fags, you never put yourself out there, you just damage control for a company and shitpost when you dont' have an argument.

? the amd shill who was doing damage control didn't admit he was wrong though. They never do, no matter what the evidence.

whats the best 2070s available in terms of cooling?

youtube.com/watch?v=FQJCm7bnOfU

>Had two monitors die yesterday
>Only salvation is a 1024x768 monitor that's older than most zoomers on Jow Forums that my cousin's swinging by with today
>If that's broke or only accepts VGA, I'm fucked
>All the good sales on GPUs were two weeks ago
>All the good monitors are $400+

Attached: AAAAAAAAAA.jpg (768x768, 59K)

AMD has said multiple times since Zen2 release that they likely won't change socket unless PCIe 5.0 requires it, or some other standard comes that requires a new socket.
They even hinted that DDR5 support may not require a new socket. Which makes sense and I've been saying as such for 2 years, as it's the same pin count as DDR4.

I do believe they'll still arbitrarily change it at some point, again as I said, to simply make packaging easier/cheaper.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Zen3 is still AM4, that it may require at least a 500 series board.

This person is wrong. You shouldn't be at ~90% of your PSUs load like that. You should have more headroom.
750W is fine.
Or maybe just don't get housefire components?

google comparison reviews?
Most of us just don't care about irrelevant products. If you need it for CUDA, you don't even care much about cooling.

asus. 3 fan. quietest and best thermals. at least that's the conclusion I was able to come to after researching it for nearly a month now.

>my vega blackscreens and locks up the entire PC
>turns out it's a typical thing with AMD drivers
youtube.com/watch?v=FQJCm7bnOfU&feature=youtu.be&t=946
Thanks amd, thanks amd shills, thanks all the fine whine memes and muh amd drivers are better.
I feel well scammed.

Looking towards an upgrade, up to a Ryzen 3600 on a B450 mobo using Linux (probably mint). Is there any weird incompatibilities/bugs/other I'd have to watch out for using Linux on AMD?
Yes, I did use google, but a lot of results seem out of date considering it's a recent release.

Probably asus like the pther guy said. Look up revuews for 2080 models, like they exact same coolers

thanks anons

I N S T A L L G E N T O O
N
S
T
A
L
L

G
E
N
T
O
O
you fucking shit-stirring copy-pasting Ballmer-schlobering prick.

My local best buy is doing $349.99 on a 9700k and then an extra $50 for some promotion

Is it worth it at that price?

What is a "good monitor" to you?

well done AMD brother, we must shitpost all that critisize AMD! After we are done with this infidel, we should bomb Steve from gamers nexus for saying these lies and fake news!

Depends on how much a mobo is.

Interesting how well a short little 2 slot cooler cools.
The heatsink also seems to be exactly the same as the RX580 Nitro+, just with better fans.
Stop evading your ban to spread FUD.
Everyone knows you don't use beta drivers for previous gen cards. It was the EXACT same with RTX launch, that RTX beta drivers had tons of problems including on Pascal, faggot.

>Is there any weird incompatibilities/bugs/other I'd have to watch out for using Linux on AMD?
Zen1 wise, not at all, it works great. Not sure about Zen2. There were crash errors on the launch BIOS but afaik they're fixed. GNU/Linux general would know better.

>Stop evading your ban to spread FUD.
You spam this setence literally any, and every time somebody, anybody points something bad about AMD.
I really fucking hate how you can so openly shout to censor people just because your AMD stocks are on the line.
But then again from time to time you are so obvious so obnoxious that people report you instead and you get banned, after which we get giant meltdowns about how you think the mods are all intel shills or some shit.

So $400 total? A new one on amazon is $360 so not sure why you'd want that

why don't you return it?
it mustn't be that bad if you chose to keep it

amdgpu is better than either companies' Windows drivers. You don't want a solution hen presented one, we already discussed your shit to death last thread, timestamp and all, so the only other reason you have to repost this is to stir shit. Install Gentoo or fuck off.

Attached: 1563890521652.jpg (1920x1080, 258K)

It's gonna be a great experience. There was a minor rdrand returning a fixed value issue to do with early bioses fucking up, but that's long fixed by now.
Best results combined with an AMD GPU, such as the just released custom 5700xt cards.

Attached: 1564282266873.png (667x833, 758K)

Are there any white parts for an all white pc build? Can't find any coolers except noctua chromax, the asus prime has the most white parts, there aren't any white 2070 super, the only white psu is from corsair.

I did return it, I RMAed and switched it out multiple times thinking maybe it's the hardware that is at fault. But nope, it's the drivers.

>You don't want a solution hen presented one,
I can't just fucking switch to gentoo because amd can't make stable drivers that work.

Fuck the whole reason why linux "AMD" drivers are better is because it's something people can fix themselves.
Not because AMD did a good job, but because it's open enough for people to fix it.
So their biggest contribution is leaving the shit open, not actually making good drivers.

It's like a game is utter unstable shit and then the community makes mods that fix it, and for some reason the company gets all the credit.

>all white pc
what are you? a female?

Attached: 1524147226201.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

Should I pull the trigger on the 5700 pulse?

Can you even buy them right now? If so, where

Attached: 1565279214283.png (1268x673, 207K)

I was looking at 1080wide ultrawide memes with 144Hz at 34", but even the not obviously chinky regular 1080p 144Hz 27" monitors are expensive, and the latter would have to be paired with a second monitor to replace what I'd just lost. Ironically, 27" and 1080p are like oil and water, because 1440p monitors are less expensive, but I value my eyesight too much to use one, and my desktop space too much to turn on hidpi settings.

Attached: 1362983461562.jpg (266x265, 28K)

odd, my vega 56 is working fine for me

Overclockers UK, apparently.

>These drivers are bad
>Switch to this, the drivers for your shit are good here
>UMM NO SWEATY I CAN'T JUST DO THAT FIRST OF ALL
Install Gentoo you fucking mong.

wait a year. there's a bunch of new display tech on the horizon, including 1440p 240hz ips

yes

How much overkill 5700xt is for 1080p gaming compared to 5700?

Have everything else in my new pc figured out except GPU, processor is going to be ryzen 3600. Just thinking how much im shooting myself on the foot by saving some € by not taking xt-card.

Is there any ETA yet on when the MSI B450 max motherboards are coming out?

>1440p 240hz ips
as if anyone can afford a gpu that can do 240fps @ 1440p

I'm about to just say fuck it and be lazy.

Attached: intel-hades-canyon-nuc-5-640x640.jpg (640x427, 56K)

5700xt is 15% faster than the 5700 for a 13% price premium
it's well worth the money

the games 240hz matters for are not hard to run

If I had the luxury of waiting that long we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Attached: ENDLESS_TRASH.jpg (920x717, 79K)

>use an OS that competely doesn't fufill your needs
>but at least your GPU wont crash your entire system
Brilliant dilemmasc of being a vega owner.

I want the 5700 XT Pulse but god it looks ugly

Is the gigabyte Vega 56 gaming good? Its 290€ and its the only card available at a decent price.
Should I buy it or is gigabyte still shit?

If you had "needs", you would have bought a Quadro or AMD equivalent. You are playing video games. Install Gentoo.

When Nvidia had shit drivers for months after RTX launch, no one cared. Just said to wait a while to buy them, and for Pascal cards to continue using 3## drivers until the drivers are fixed.
But when AMD has the same launch driver problems, it's
>EVIL AMD EVERYONE MUST KNOW DONT BUY THEM DONT USE OLD DRIVERS
because you faggots are literally paid lying shills.

NO. It's complete shit. One guy has returned one 30+ times and keeps getting other defective ones sent back. It's defective by design, non-reference model. Gigabyte is RETARDED and makes faulty cards like that all the time.

It's similar to the 1080Ti.

Wait for the new one that can be upgraded with dGPU imo. But if you get a good sale on Hades Canyon, go for it.

I'd imagine the MSI Evoke will perform just as well, if not better, if you're looking for a 2 slot dual fan card.

It looks alright from the side, just go for it

>but I value my eyesight too much to use one
If you can't use 2560x1440 on a 27" monitor your eyesight is either gone already or you're not choosing a monitor of appropriate size for your view distance.

Gigabyte is shit.
I assume you want a card for 1440p gaming right?

no nigger
it's utter trash,there's a reason why they're so cheap

Why are all these stupid ass monitors curved now

Attached: 1493748332693.png (210x240, 65K)

>video games on gentoo

its just the latest meme, it'll chill out in 5 years or so

Probably going to wait but the Hades Canyon is about what I need and would clear up some space over an old Thinkpad I'm using as a desktop.

I'm so tired of waiting for aib bros...

>because you faggots are literally paid lying shills.
Except old games work fine on Nvidia and have for years, since the day they came out.
AMD drivers STILL have not fixed old games and very likely never will.
Mean while you will shill fine whine daily to innocent people who haven't had to deal with this AMDs bullshit.

please, don't get vega, don't fall for it

i'm able to get a good aftermarket 980ti for around 200 euros with 6 month warranty even. is it still worth it for 1080p? currently running a 680 sli and i think i could still get a year or two from my 3930k based pc with a small gpu upgrade.

not him, but if i'm paying 400$+ for a GPU it certainly not in order to play games from the 90's
so i don't get this complaint

I have a 27" 1080p monitor at work and it's really easy on the eyes. If I was going 1440p I'd want a bigger diagonal size for that anyway. I'm not buying a 1440p monitor just to switch from readable 8pt bitmap fonts to fuckhuge Hidpi TTF fonts, robbing me of any gained desktop space from the res bump.

Attached: cat.jpg (640x636, 21K)

What are you talking about?

Anyway, I've come to an epiphany.
Hardware isn't gonna get better. We've hit a fucking wall a few years ago.
Wanna shrink process node? Enjoy your lower frequencies.
So, yeah, unless some major breakthrough happens, NVidia will be re-re-re-re-launching a 1080Ti in 4 years.

They can always increase die size for year-over-year improvements. It's the way they artificially limit progress, by using smaller-than-necessary dies (so they can take a year off and use a large die)

Fuck damn it. I'll have to visit some store to check if they have the sapphire pulse.
I just want to get one to play on FHD 60+ for the next 5 years at least.

That card is overkill for 1080p 60 fps. Just get an rx580 for like $200.

You heard me.

580 wont last 5+ years
it's on its last legs

>Increase die size.
See, the problem we're starting to see is that all the heat is getting to a smaller area that is harder to cool.
It's been a trend forever, fuck I remeber heatsink-less cpus.
So a solution to this would be having a massive gpu/cpu, where parts disable themselves regularly to spread heat equally.
But I'm starting to wonder if that's not what they've been doing already.

But I want an overkill card. Now its overkill but in 4 years it will be a mid range 1080p card and I don't have the budget to swap GPUs. Its an all in for me.

Is this a good 1440p 144hz monitor?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-12 Amazon com AOC CQ32G1 31 5 Curved Frameless Gaming Monitor, Quad HD 2560x1440, (1558x723, 573K)

>they can always increase die size
That's literally what they've been doing. For all the praise turing recieves, they still need larger dies to compete with much smaller dies from amd.

you've been at it with autistic persistence for months, and everyone can see when it is you.
you are not convincing anyone by being overly aggressive and overly dedicated just like that one brazilian and a tripfag we all know here.

8pt bitmap fonts are perfectly and easily readable on a 27" 2560x1440 screen with no hi-DPI scaling, at the view distances the monitor is intended to be used at. Nobody uses hi-DPI scaling for 2560x1440 because it's not needed, the DPI is just slightly above the old standard of 96 and no scaling is required.

If you can't read it, you may actually need to get glasses.

>Curved
No

>it's on it's last legs
>nvidia literally released cards this year to compete with it
hmmm

>VA
oof

Is AMD gonna fix the high multimonitor power draw of Navi or is it a "feature"?

>to compete with it
more like to fill the SKU for turbo poorfags that can't get a 2060 non super

Don't get an ultrashort monitor, ffs.
I'd rather have 1920x1200@75 than 2560x1080@144. Something is wrong with you if you can tolerate so few horizontal lines.
Also, your post doesn't make sense as the other user pointed out.

Vertical slim cases will actually use less room. You can make a Thermaltake G3 build for cheap since they can use ATX boards.

the red dragon and arez strix are also good. asus strix is fine if you fix the thermal pad issue yourself.
You can also wait a month or two for the RX 5600/XT. It won't be quite as powerful, but it should be using barely over half the power.

Anyway, really poor value anyway. It's generally going to be cheaper to buy the RX 570 now, then in 2 or 3 years buy the "RX 6600" or "4060" after it's also been price dropped low like the 570 currently is. Case in point: you can currently buy two RX 570 for the price of Vega 56.
580 is surely going to stop getting specific game driver optimizations when the small RDNA card comes out.

>Sub 90 PPI
>VA
Why do you have yourself, user?

it's 20w or 25w? how is that high?

How do you feel about the upcoming monitors?

tftcentral.co.uk/articles/high_refresh_rate.htm

Attached: 1534968252995.png (512x512, 39K)

The 1060 was never able to defeat the 580 back then.
But today the 580 can't even play most games at max settings. Its the borderline 1080p card. Anything lower than that its shit.

>1440p
>144hz with freesync
>10bit ips
>hdr support
>600 euros
thoughts? cant seem to find anything in that price point to compete. i dont like the gamer aesthetics but thankfully they are on the back and wont show.

Attached: aorus AD27QD.png (1024x685, 582K)

I'm getting myself 27" IPS LG monitor.
Wanted the 34" one, but it has (((G-Sync))) in it with a freaking fan.

meh, waiting for when either FALD becomes cheap or dual layer LCD become available and not draw 200w

>Implying there still aren't retards that buy shit like 1030, 1050/ti
lel. Keep coping with your doa cards.

>they are on the back and wont show.
I got a table in a middle of the room for light reflection purposes, I would feel a little sick walking in my room.

I'll try to check alternative models for the Vega 56 or even get a 5700 (if it ever comes close to 300€ maybe the reference model will?)
>Case in point: you can currently buy two RX 570 for the price of Vega 56.
How's crossfire these days? Is it worth it or there's still problems with games and stuttering?

youtube.com/watch?v=QXpL98TxO6w
>console feature on PC
but why

Attached: capture.png (1920x1080, 948K)

for anything below 32" youd fall for a giant meme buying into one

>red dragon
think you meant red devil
red dragon is low tier

What if you, like any pc player want to play both new games and old classics?
Why can't AMD get their shit together and provide that?
Why can Nvidia do that on the other hand?

Again, if the raw performance were everything, the 5700xt would be cannibalising Nvidias range just like Zen 2 has made everything below a 9900k redundant.

Clearly, something must be wrong here, there's got to be a reason actual demand is fairly lackluster and even AMD is looking more towards big Navi.

Yes, 2-3 times more than similar Nvidia cards is relatively high.

Attached: power-multi-monitor.png (500x970, 53K)

Probably. They fixed it on Vega, and Nvidia fixed it on Turing in a driver update.

He seems like that be!awesome tripfag guy. Same style of writing. Same insane ignorance. Same pro-Intel delusions.

Look at the reviews. It has issues. I'd get the new ASUS TUF ELMB-Sync monitor or the LG NanoIPs.

Because it works well?
And no, it's not a console feature. It's new. You must have been living in a cave as this was all over Jow Forums for weeks.

Vega 56 red dragon is good. The red devil is better, but too expensive.

Attached: multi-monitor power consumption driver.jpg (500x1050, 96K)

whats the 2600x/3600 equivalent for monitors? looking for the best performance per pound monitor that is a 1440p res.

missed the new thread
what do you think of this non-amd build? is the cpu cooler relevant?
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/n9bXXP

>monitor with a fan
am i reading this right?

aren't they just using AMD tech through their own UI? isn't CAS part of driver?

Name some old games where AMD GPUs cannot run because I'm curious on what people are complaining about