Download Machine

What's best option for very small PC to use mainly as download machine?
Something discreet.
My work place have very fast internet connection, carrying a laptop back and forth seems like a hassle.
I looked into Mini-ITX but the size was still too big, and downloading on phone isn't really a good idea.
Currently thinking of NUC, or some SBC.
Or anything I can run HDD on it, all it needs to do is to run some torrent client, and is possible Jdownloader with a way to solve captcha so I can run it headless.
Any ideas?

Attached: ad50y9V_700b.jpg (700x1070, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/Mini-pc-_gear/
gearbest.com/mini-pc/pp_009428292186.html?wid=1433363
gearbest.com/mini-pc/pp_009489466668.html?wid=1433363
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh I understand why people post this image now. Can't believe I didn't notice it.

shit, now im frantically searching the image to see if there actually is anything there or not

Knees

It took me a few minutes too!

what about them.?

She's been sucking dicks

You figured out that it's an attempt to market an unknown musician too via image search too?

A raspberry pi 4, if you got an ethernet port available and a usb3 external drive.
Getting a popular sbc with lots of guides helps, but if you know your way around it maybe a different sbc with other ports maybe be more beneficial.
Will you just connect to it locally or do you have a way of getting in from outside?

gearbest.com/Mini-pc-_gear/
gearbest.com/mini-pc/pp_009428292186.html?wid=1433363
gearbest.com/mini-pc/pp_009489466668.html?wid=1433363

You'll need a portable PSU/battery or a wall to plug these in. Have fun.
Intel NUCs are overpriced garbage, avoid those.

This sounds like one of the very few use cases where you may want to look into a RaspberryPi. It may not have the the exact speed you want, but it’s small and enough to be well hidden if you tuck it in some corner.

Or are you going for a “hidden in plain site” kinda discreet? If so, getting the most average looking laptop is probably your best bet.

have sex

>A raspberry pi 4, if you got an ethernet port available and a usb3 external drive.
Is there cases where the HDD can be incorporated into it?
>different sbc
No problem for me as long as it runs a torrent client and jdownloader hopefully in CML and with support for captcha.
>Will you just connect to it locally or do you have a way of getting in from outside?
For the network?
I prefer to connect directly to the router since I'd get the best speeds and it's next to a UPS so I can power it, but I'm fine with connecting to WiFi.
How's the quality and performance of these?
>RaspberryPi
I've thought of this but having external HDD and external power supply make things...bulky?
Maybe there's a better to implement it?
>hidden in plain site
This mostly, I thought about mounting it behind a monitor and if any one saw it they're think it's part of the monitor.

Attached: 1563778545339.jpg (1080x1346, 280K)

>quality and performance of these
Don't know about the ones linked but the one I bought on GB, which I can't find now, works alright. It's shit for graphic intensive stuff because intel integrated GPUs are garbage, but it will work as a download box or a server. Just look for ones with faster networking interfaces, you can see the specs on each product. Also avoid Intel Atom series CPUs if you can.
I didn't actually check the specs of the ones I linked, I linked one because it has a built in screen and would be easy to set up and the other because it's cheap. I'm pretty sure that neither of the two support internal HDDs, but there's plenty of MiniPCs that do, it will just cost you more.
These machines are generally faster than an rPi because they usually have at least twice as much RAM and more CPU power.
>having external HDD and external power supply make things...bulky?
An external HDD can be smaller than the rPi. My USB 2.0 HDD doesn't need a separate power supply and it's very small.
A good power bank will also be as big as the rPi.
I don't think size will be an issue, an rPi has the surface area of a 2016 phone.
>thought about mounting it behind a monitor and if any one saw it they're think it's part of the monitor.
Most MiniPCs can be mounted to monitors.

If all else fails just use an android device with a USB powered HDD or a 512GB+ mSD, use BiglyBT since it has remote access and/or use Termux if you need Linux CLI software.

oh I thought it was just a cute girl

h-hot

>avoid Intel Atom series CPU
Why? shitty performance even under linux?
>512GB+ mSD
These are more expensive than 1TB HDD, also I had my fair share of SD cards dying on me.
hot women are hot.

Attached: AkutsuMao-Talent-Photos-4.jpg (675x1200, 129K)

>Why? shitty performance even under linux?
Some of them are on motherboards that don't even let you install Linux properly.

She's pretty hot, too bad we'll never see her face without filter.

Get an Intel Compute Stick
I put Arch on mine, works great. comfy as fuck.

how do you know it was dicks she was sucking?