Is installing Vulkan and trying to make a simple 2D game a good way to learn programming...

Is installing Vulkan and trying to make a simple 2D game a good way to learn programming? all I can do are for and do while loops right now so I basically don't know shit

Attached: Zuko-and-Azula-avatar-the-last-airbender-37220507-720-480.png (720x480, 360K)

Other urls found in this thread:

love2d.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Vulkan is very complex and has a high learning curve. OpenGL would be an easier place to start

is it really that bad? I've already downloaded all the stuff needed

Expect about 1000 lines of filling structures for a single triangle

>all I can do are for and do while loops right now
use SDL

> all I can do are for and do while loops right now
>I've already downloaded all the stuff needed
/v/ or go educate yourself.

Use scratch 2

Goddamn, if that's just what you know right now, for god's sake, try to learn some basic algorithms, data structures and design patterns.

Azula and Ozai did nothing wrong. The world went from medieval to industrial in a life time due to Sozin's ambition.
Be like Sozin and use vulkan. Don't be a pussy

I tried and it bored me

Then programming is not for you.

Wtf kek. What a piece of shit. Vulcan is fast but it also needs to be usable.

>Gatekeeping
Fuck off faget. Go for it op. Maybe try Godot if you wanna try and make a simple 2D game. There is some programming involved

then what should I do

but it is usable
It's just isn't good to begin with because it is complicated, mostly because of its explicitness
Just start with OpenGL or maybe DX11

OpenGL is still too much if he can only do for loops. SDL or SFML.

go for it and don't listen to retards
vulkan is the future
opengl is basically dead at this point

Its just very explicit. For small programs its a high overhead yes, but if you write a program with a more complex render system, it will pay off.

Try making a Game of Life, using your own data structures.
Then make an interpreter/compiler for a simple procedural language (better yet if you design the language yourself)
Then try making your own bootloader for QEMU

I think these challenges will teach you much more than reading 100 pages of Vulkan documentation just to find out which functions to call in which order

he will give up in 5 minutes

this

it's like wanting to climb mount everest but you're tired after climbing stairs
just don't

t. OP I will try anyway
fuck you

>1000 lines
Nigga its at LEAST 5k lines, a bit less if you skimp on compatibility checking.
Vulkan is retarded and people who promoted are a emme desu familia

Also, a lot of names are 80characters+ in length so be prepared to use VS-AIDS or type a whole lot of senseless garbage.

Wanted Azula to play with herself on the throne before she fought Zuko.

Install vulkan and constantly go at it
If after a week you're still doing it, you can progress to something else.

Right now you don't know shit and you're too much of a lazy shit to study, but doesn't quite means you're out yet but you're on strike 2.
Programming is all about applying theory and practice, practice long enough and you'll learn the theory.

Nope. Vulkcan is real hard. any rendering engine is above even an average programmer. But Vulkan and DX12 are nightmares.

t. OP and it really is hard for now I will learn OpenGL and maybe port it to Vulkan later

Use love
love2d.org/
2D in fact is very hard to write since scratches because everybody move to 3D.

Make one in pygame as a beginner