Hacker cracks Smart Lock in 3 days

>luddites are stup-
No. Boomer managers implementing scam IoT shit is going to destroy society.

Hundreds of thousands of apartment dwellers are about to have their locks forcefully changed to """""smart""""" versions so they can appear hip and sell your data on the side.

These locks are incredibly insecure, and always will be, but normalfags will eat it up because technology is so kewl!!1 The luddites were right.

blackmarble.sh/zipato-smart-hub/
twitter.com/CharlesDardaman/status/1146055854225002502

>this guy cracks a lock in one fucking hour
twitter.com/MalwareTechBlog/status/1160845561035153408

Attached: Zipato_Smarthub.webm (1280x720, 2.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UlNkQJzw4oA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

looks like they need to be on the same VLAN as the smart lock to me.

Secure your network, problem solved.

The majority of household locks are pretty shit anyway, i can pick the one on my front apartment door in about 10-20 seconds.
And im not even good, i just watched a youtube video on how to pick one sided keyways.

if it takes them an hour to get through the digital lock then its better than most

>>Smart Lock
>power outage
>can't open the door
why

Attached: 0004.gif (312x312, 99K)

Can they do with with nfc? Or do they have to hack the whole network?

yeah tell someones 78 year old grandmother who got one of these as a gift to secure her vlan retard

I didn't asked for this.

It took them an hour to figure out how to break in, but now that they know the methods it takes seconds

All these devices would be safer if the companies making them actually consulted with a cybersec expert before shitting these out

just get one of these

Attached: bar-lock.jpg (640x360, 34K)

I like this one: youtube.com/watch?v=UlNkQJzw4oA

>three days
OP, you're retarded. Actual thieves can get into your house with a regular lock within 10 minutes.

They have batteries, retard.

Literally who cares. Locks are meant to provide the bare minimum of resistance since anyone actually attempting to break in will succeed.

This stops you getting out but it doesn’t stop you getting in, idiot

Have you heard of any vuln in Wyze Camera? It's pretty cheap but seems more secure than any of these locks and a ton of security cams.

>fire hazard built in to the door
no thanks faggot

Are you talking about the shitty picture, or trying to say barricade bars can only be used when you're inside? If it's the later, the only point of a lock is to give you time to grab your gun. Otherwise, as said, anyone trying to break in while you're away will succeed.

You'd be retarded to think that these would have batteries with an energy capacity as high as to cause any fires.

Imagine a hurrican or tornado knocks the power out for a week,your battery does then you're locked out or inside of your home.

It is still better than being lockpicked in 10 minutes.