Hey faggot quit distro hopping!

Why do you distro hop when you can delete a old DE's settings in the .config folder and change the desktop environment on a command line?

Just download the Bionic Beaver 18.04 LTS and change the DE. Ubuntu, Lubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Linux Mint, i3Buntu whateverDE/Buntu you are using are all fucking the same OS with different desktop environments. Dumb people are formatting their hardrives to do a simple task. Linux JewTubers encourage this autism as well.

Attached: 71EqPwB1q7L.png (512x512, 148K)

>which distro you choose is irrelevent.
>puppy is pretty much exactly the same thing as gparted.

Attached: brainlet.jpg (586x800, 37K)

having different package managers for one

Linux mint has their own repos for cinnamon and mate packages. They're not the same as ubuntu's.

you'll never look back once you stop using a DE

>'sudo apt install ubuntu-gnome-desktop' is the same as installing Fedora, Pop! OS (albeit Ubuntu but with some different repositories), or openSUSE
>'sudo apt install kubuntu-desktop' to give you an outdated version of KDE compared to KDE neon, especially on 18.04, since neon provides special KDE repositories
>the lists of packages installed by the meta-packages for removal are woefully out of date (we're talking they're made for 12.04)

You can probably add them as additional repositories on Ubuntu or Debian's testing. Distros are superficial as fuck.

Why would you bother doing that?
All distros are the same, right?

Most are derivatives versions of these parent distros, some diverge far enough to break compatibility with parent distro but not many.

Debian

Arch

RHEL

Gentoo

OpenSuse

Android

Hey faggot I don't distro hop!

puppy linux is for very poor people. ultra minimalist, people on parole who are banned from using computers or peeps that want a quick way to partion their hardrive.

I stopped distro hopping years ago. Never leaving Ubuntu again

You could add KDE neon's repository as a Additional Repository on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

The Linux world could optimize so much more but doesn't. I admit sometimes you do have or would prefer to Distro-hop to get a feature since it's a lot easier.

And of course those distros are all the same, right?

she uses arch btw

Attached: 1544834713877.jpg (1356x1187, 122K)

Slackware is a good distro that I enjoy using.

>YOU ONLY NEED OOBONGO. ITS ALL THE SAME
>well what about these completely different distros
>WELL ITS ONLY OBONGO AND THESE OTHER DISTROS
Seriously, why do people make these threads?

And this is why Linux fucking blows...thank Christ for flatpacks fixing this bullshit

>was finally over distrohopping
>see this thread
>feel the need to finally distrohop for the last time
>install Fedora 30
>everything goes perfectly
>everything I want (except for one minor program) and used to compiling or adding PPAs is in the repos or RPMfusion

thank you OP, this is brilliant.

based, I just did so.
But it's not true there is on difference.
Fedora has some different technologies by default and is up to date behind by some days of testing, it's cool but it lacks software in default repositories

>Android
Android is not GNU/Linux, it just uses the Linux kernel.

except I did, having to manage config files with git is autistic.
Get actual work to use git, not this bullshit

based sage friends

>Distro hopped back to windows
>Everything works out of the box
>Processes eat up my CPU and ram to the point where when I have Visual studio, discord and 4 chrome tabs open I'm close to crashing my laptop
Well.. at least its better then Linux for getting productive tools to work (as in it actually work on windows and isn't an issue of trying to hamfist a solution using an outdated fork or shitty wine emulation etc.etc.), although I feel my Linux machine was more stable so I'll buy another SSD for it

Attached: images (7).jpg (554x554, 21K)

What's the Arch meme ? It take literally

Based, out of all distros I've used in the past Fedora 30 was my favourite, ran well and had decent support

>Bionic Beaver 18.04 LTS
what if i installed 19.04

Is there a distro where the hdmi sound just werks?

Attached: linupepe.png (1228x1150, 255K)