how to request purchase advice:
>location
>budget
>tshirt size
>sound signature
>favorite music
>previous equipment
>bluetooth - go back to Jow Forums

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/e/J1FAPB2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for SUMMIT FI

Attached: E0BB19F2-98B6-4A0C-B769-EB777323DBDF.jpg (4032x2620, 2.8M)

Back again from the other thread. Just wanted some opinions on the Porta Pros, the X in particular. I fell in love with the look and portability, but I'm worried it might be a dumb purchase.

its a great purchase trust me
if you want them even more portable, get ksc75
also amazing

that song is kino

I've been seeing a lot of comments like that whenever I look up reviews and stuff, but what makes it great in your opinion?

u have no idea how hard it was for me to find this shit
they perform just as well as my hd600s and my tin t2. i have no idea what voodoo magic koss does to keep it so cheap but their sound is sublime.

Attached: M2ZjBRk.png (543x734, 24K)

PortaPro bass is muddy and not very clear. Too colored for my liking, but that's a personal preference. Not to say it sounds like shit, especially considering the price, but it's just not really my cup of tea. By

Always try and audition a headphone you want to get; different people have different preference in sound and comfort. It might be perfect for someone but it might not really be any good for you.

Attached: IMG_20190813_091905-1612x1209.jpg (1612x1209, 242K)

>location
Canada
>budget
150 is probably my max
>tshirt size
Why?
>sound signature
Im not a soundfag so idk
>favorite music
Metal
>previous equipment
Shitty walmart headphones for under $40
>bluetooth - go back to Jow Forums
Nice option not needed

>have 2" drivers
>expect bass
this is the meme of headphone users. they cut off at 80hz because a driver that small can't accurately reproduce bass

Location - USA
Budget - $300(+/-$100)
Sound profile -
Favorite genre - jazz

>You left sound profile blank
Kill yourself

oh sorry i havent made an op in forever ;-;

S-sorry that comment had nothing to do with your OP

uwu

Fiio E10k or K3?
For a 50Ω.

e10k for form factor
the k3 is a bitch

how so?

i mean have you seen it
its small and you have to occasionally turn the knob
its ok as a portable amp but desk amp get the e10k trust me

So the new pads for the AD900X finally arrived. Gotta say, i'm impressed. Not only it keeps the sound very close to that of the stock pads, but also makes them freaking comfortable! Also, because they are much thicker they increase the clamp, however since they are also so soft it barelly makes a difference, it just makes it easier for them to stay put. The DT880 with stock pads used to be my most comfortable headphone, but with the new pads the AD900X might have taken it's place.
I'm happy.

Attached: IMG_20190809_131051679~2.jpg (2411x2506, 1.19M)

cool blog

are thoes the "ebay" pads?

The cheapest set adequate for jazz is the srs-3100.

Do you need isolation? If so check the Custom One Pro Plus or the Custom Studio. It sounds nice and has nice features like the bass ports and detachable cable.

Is there any wireless headphones that doesn't use bluetooth but USB wireless receivers, like some gaming mouses?

i know, right?
Yeah, i tried the Brainwavz XL Round Pads before and it was very comfortable but ruined the sound, so it was either the Ebay ones or new stock ones, i took a chance.

Attached: IMG_20190809_114710554.jpg (4032x3024, 2.77M)

Both of them are about the same size though.

I'd say, look into IEMs. Porta Pro's can get tiresome quickly with the on-ear design, and the pressure spot on the top of the head can also hurt. They leak a lot of sound by design, so they're not what I'd call ideal for portable use, not only that, they wont fit in your pocket like a IEM will. They just aren't a very good purchase nowadays, with the amount of chinese IEM's around. I've owned Pora Pros and I've owned AKG K414's (look almost the same, but are closed back). Both get wiped by inexpensive IEMs. Also, no replaceable cable.
just my 2 cents

Attached: 1557588154441.gif (480x270, 721K)

they arent and they have a very different form factor
if thats your only criteria for buying either just get the cheapest one

How is this much difference in size?

Attached: DSCF3046.jpg (955x500, 162K)

My friend bought some $500 headphones and they hurt my ears.
I miss my $10 earbuds.

Looking for some wireless cans to throw on for video games and discord on the couch. I've got some AKG 7XX at my desk but need something wireless, preferably with a mic.

Pic related are the Steelseries Arctis 7 and pro wireless that I'm considering. Budget of $150 or so if anyone has anything better

Attached: Arctis-7-vs-Arctis-Pro-Wireless-GAME.jpg (702x496, 46K)

Looks like the same ones as mine, also got them from ebay

Attached: 20190217_191728.jpg (4032x3024, 3.29M)

Yeah, they probably are. For how long do you have them now?
Nice cable mod, was it hard?

I have a low SN HD800S (15XX); what do you guys think I can get for them?

I meant it was too bassy that it wasn't really clear (tonally) for my boomer ears. I'd go from it to SR80s and the clarity increases hundredfold.

More than a year, feels pretty comfy. The cable mod is very easy, you just need to solder 3 small wires, making the hole big enough to fit the jack in actually took the most time.
I was lazy but had to do it in the end because the shitty plastic on the stock cable turned hard and brittle after 3-4 years, it snapped the cable into pieces

Attached: 20190217_001926.jpg (4032x3024, 3.33M)

What're some good earbuds under $20?
Is it possible to get some that are wireless or am I out of luck? I just want something that works and is worth the money

Attached: bb32c7b10e7a1ab8021abae604e3f11c.jpg (625x835, 54K)

>max gain
>max volume on amp
>90% on source because distortion
>quiet and subdued but listenable
>ridiculously clear
>no bass

You know that kind of sound that triggers the tear glands in your eyes and you inexplicably start crying? This is one of those things. What the fuck?

Attached: IMG_20190813_145922-2016x1512.jpg (2016x1512, 528K)

what should i tell them

Attached: Capture.png (1401x471, 48K)

how hard is it to get the pads off t he AD900X?

I love Schiit!

Attached: 60FAFC49-80A6-4DA9-8E50-ECCACAC92EF1.jpg (620x465, 46K)

>Location:
New Zealand
>Budget:
under $200 USD
>Sound signature
In theory I would assume flatter is better but i don't have experience with quality headphones.
I'm looking for closed back headphones, (with a slight preference for over-ears)
>Favorite music
Jazz, and guitar driven music. Not over-produced modern rock, mostly older stuff. Also some IDM like Autechre
>prev equipment
awful cheap shit

atm I'm considering the
- Audio Technica ATH-M50X
(though what do people think of the M40x?)
- Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO 250 OHM
(not sure how well known. Used as studio reference headphones)
- 1MORE Triple Drive

Attached: haha.jpg (480x480, 25K)

Considering the Sony MDR-7506 as well

and I'm definitly changing my mind about the 1More Triple driver , that isnt gonna suit me, seem to be suited more for bass-emphasised music

Either should be ok. DT-770 might be a tad more comfortable but should have sharper treble. Why do you want the 250 ohm version specifically? A lower ohm version would be easier to drive with anything

I'm currently looking into IEMs and those chinese fiio fh5 stick out a lot. Any experience with those or other recommendations in that price range? Where would one test those? I think it's already hard to try out normal headphones, but I've never seen a place where you can try on IEMs. Also I think return policies are kinda strict.

referring to M50x and DT-770

DT770 would be okay. MSR7's too if you want something a bit warmer.

80 and 32 ohm versions are retardedly priced here in the southern hemisphere.

I think you can't go wrong with both of them. DT 770 are my personal choice. They are super comfy, sturdy and an industry standard. I would go with the 30ohm or max 80ohm if you want to use them without preamp. I have the 80ohm and they can be too silent with my cell phone depending on the recording. I paired them with a dragonfly red for that reason.

so I was wondering user, what’s listening with?

Attached: 7CC0D8A0-B475-49B7-A24F-5D4C37BB33C8.jpg (2772x3698, 2.07M)

I’m just a normal person who was thinking of buying a pair of Sony WH1000XM3.
Am I about to do something stupid or should I proceed. I have a very high budget in theory, but I’m incredibly stingy, so I’ve spent a long time convincing myself that it’s okay to spend around €300 on a pair of headphones.

>DT770 PRO 250 OHM
Yes I'm very dumb and have only recently begun research into headphones. I copypasted that from the end of a product decription without thinking about Ohms. It's quite likely I could make use of good headphones for mixing sometime in the future, but it's not a necessity (likely I'll be able to borrow while at uni next year).
Anyway, I have looked this stuff up now and I definitely should not be getting high impedance headphones, will be using for day-to-day listening through a phone

Any opinions on the AKG K-240 MKII and the AKG K-240 Studio?

Attached: 1561406191933.gif (640x480, 11K)

Ok I have a bit of a dilemma.
Some review site says
"If you prefer soft music and want to listen to the original soundtrack as it is, M40x is your choice"
Apparently the other one boosts the bass to a degree

I found a sale where the M50X is like ONE HUNDRED dollars cheaper, but still slightly more expensive than the M40X. I would a assume such a stark original price difference would indicate a much higher quality of sound in the M50X. However this could be all for nothing if it fucks up the mix on old recordings and jazz and classical.
It would hurt to by the "inferior" model when TEN DOLLARS gets the M50.
Anyone have experience?

Attached: m50X.png (1175x629, 162K)

I'm in the process of falling for that meme. Is there a valuable difference between Stax amps ? Or, put another way, should I get a new SRS-3100, or a used SRM-313 with a SR-404 ? There's like a 15/20% price increase for the used stuff, but the amp looks like another ballpark. I just don't know if it's actually worth it.

I tried a L700+SRM 353x system at a store before. It's great and airy but it's also several times my budget too.

Well yeah I guess it's good and that's why I'm interested, but the ballpark for amp pricing is kinda ridiculous, and the differences seem tenuous at best, with no actual measurements anywhere.

>have HD600 for nearly a year now
>still don't know how to clean the inside of the ear cups
How the hell do you reach in there? There's not much stuff in there, but it's still there. Not a bother, but man, never cleaned these.

Disregard both, buy Stax

>He payed real money to have 120/240v piped directly to his ears!

No difference in amps according to this measurement.

>price increase for used stuff
It should be way cheaper on yahoo japan. You can get SRS-3170 or similar for $500, or SRS-2050 for $200.

Attached: 1549598416076.png (1753x909, 83K)

Why would you do that?

Curiosity, mostly.

>looking for a pair of over ear bluetooth headphones to use during workouts and running
>should hold onto my head well
>metal music of choice, so need crisp sound profile with decent bass
>budget ~150€, I'm in Germany if that matters

You guys can help me out? I'm fairly clueless when it comes to headphones.

Suuuuuure

I mean, I have nearly top of the line dynamic headphones, good enough planar headphones, decent speakers, but I never had electrostats. And everyone seem to agree that Stax is better value than Koss.

>but I never had electrostats
>Stax is better value than Koss.
No, orpheus is. Get orpheus you scrub

BUY ORPHEUS

BUY ORPHEUS

everyone is wrong.

Orpheus the greatest headphones in the multiverse. BUY ORPHEUS

The koss massdrop page is filled with complaints about humming and whining so it seems their ways haven't changed. Buy stax.

huh?

Attached: EEDB13FC-8C8D-4BA6-9E59-97B5DE1EF6B6.jpg (3166x3024, 1.88M)

Accept AUSDOM

Attached: 03450BEC-D528-47E2-B4BB-70675AE805F6.png (1217x658, 290K)

BUY ORPHEUS

Getting some replacement headphones. My Plantronics GameCom 380 cables broke down as of late, it's been 5 years since i had that headset. I need something similar in parameters to that. Volume Dial and amplification is a must.

Currently considering getting the Hyper X Cloud Stinger and the Corsair HS60. I'm leaning towards the latter for extra utility, longevity, and the better warranty. Is there anything else in the >40$ price range that i might be missing? Also, no, Audio Technica is not available here. I have the ATR 2500 though, but it's suffering from static issues and the top cage is broken. I need suitable headphones for professional tasks, don't care about gaming labels.

Will I get chinked with this?
aliexpress.com/e/J1FAPB2

Alright, just ordered Stax SRM-313 and SR-404. Wasn't cheap, but it looks like a nice enough amplifier, with channel balance control, and the earpads seems to be pretty much brand new. And the amplifier is designed for 240V, which is a big deal for me.

You did well. You will never be able to listen to anything else now that your ears will be blessed by GLORIOUS STAX

Congrats

>wasn't cheap
This set is worth $700ish on ebay.

Got it for about 800€. Import taxes and different voltage make it lot less appealing to import from overseas though, buying second-hand european is more practical. Buying new, I'd have a SRM-252S and L-300 for more money.

The sound of beyond multiverse and beyond 10th dimension. BUY ORPHEUS

Attached: 54ac95bdecad047c3c6e9a31-960-720.jpg (960x720, 110K)

No way, I paid $200 less than what you paid when i bought a new 323s/307 system.

The ORPHEUS
Buy ORPHEUS

Attached: 1515033680504815021.jpg (1600x800, 971K)

HAVE ORPHEUS

Attached: 1515033680313090221.gif (800x400, 2.19M)

Also you're mispricing the SRS-3100 by a lot. It's new on ebay for $670 and it doesn't need a outboard transformer but a simple wallwart with inverse polarity to work with outside voltages.

20% import tax, though.

It's just for oil sheikhs and Chinese crooks.

Nice samefagging

>quoting my two messages twice
Least intelligent comment there.

>comment
It's called posting you fucking interloper

It's dogshit compared to stax.

Easy. Just pinch a side and pull.

Nice opinalysis.

ok, so where do i get some high quality musics?There's no point to get a good headphone if the source files are shitty right?

rutracker.org. anything above CD quality is pointless.

What is the best amp/dac I can buy for my focal clear? I also have 4-Pin XLR balanced connector.

Doesn't do anything, so donate your money to someone wanting a stax setup.

Soekris 1421 / 1521

Kill yourself already you pest JESUS STOP FUCKIGN POSTING SHIT YOU CUNT
I will check these out