Why so much distro autism?

Because autism prevalence in tech fields? No really.
I have always used ubuntu. Why would I switch to another one? I'm focused on JS and python.
But really.
Name some practical differences between distros, ie changing from one to another because you need something which is not available or malfunctions.
Its ok if you work for your computer, but come on.

Attached: 1565441154026.jpg (468x589, 226K)

autism is actually a a broad spectrum of disorders. using it in place of a better word shows your lacking vocabulary.

AUR and pacman are comfy as fuck and there's nothing that comes any close from it on Debian based distros.

apt works perfectly fine and unlike AUR the ubuntu repo maintainers actually verify that updates don't break other installed packages

I mean distro fanboys, people getting emotionally attached to an operating system.
Maybe Im old.
Yeah ok. Your distro works. Mine works too. Most distros work very well.
Would you lose functionality if you switched to another one? This is exactly my point.

Attached: EBj-fbjW4AEOLqt.jpg (600x600, 21K)

Ubuntu is bloat

vocabulary autism

try installing chrome on ubuntu without opening the terminal or the web browser, you can't

Ok.
Is this the reason you would use Fedor Arch or whatever?

I ditched ubuntu and debian based distros for Manjaro with xfce. Besides being way faster than ubuntu pacman+AUR makes it way easier to use. I've been using it for over a year and ive never had to open the terminal to solve a problem nor install anything, ever.

But that's a minor issue at worst. Literally as minor as "I had to tweak some visual settings for me to be more comfortable" after a fresh install of any distro.

Debian/openbox user here, basically I installed ubuntu because working on sci stuff on servers is easier on *nix like things, and then I liked ubuntu but felt like trying a different GUI and lunching/moving things all via keyboard short cuts seemed neat to me

synaptic and various software center programs dumbass.

Also canemail/IRC chat with someone and give them access to my computer viaa shared folder to put a appimage of chrone on my desktop.

Not that guy, but in order to install Chrome you have to add a repository, which you don't know the address to, which means you need to open a browser that isn't Chrome before you install Chrome.

Pls
Chrome can't be the reason why people ditch ubuntu
You have openbox in ubuntu as well

>some practical differences between distros
some have worse hardware/driver problems than the average distro because of ideology
some give you more of a hassle when trying to use whatever software you want for the same reason
some are more stable, others are rolling and break more often but have newer software
different communities, bigger might mean more support, some are more user centered, other more ideology centered and constantly shove shit down your throat (like updates that no longer work with your system because they disagree with something some other guy said)
for over 90% of people these are the only real differences that matter
for OS enthusiasts, some distros offer more ways to fiddle with the OS's inner workings (these people are very very rare, but way too many linux users larp as one because they constantly need to fix their breaking distro so they try to pretend this is something that actually interests them)

I love hall and oates

>for OS enthusiasts, some distros offer more ways to fiddle with the OS's inner workings
as one, I can say Git works a lot better than a distro such as Gentoo, and LFS on RPi is fun, but isn't an actual distro

Bikeshedding. That's all.
It's easier to discuss distros than hard problems of the field. And even with superficial knowledge you can seem knowledge about it, and you can easily distro hop.
Truth is, most distros are good enough, has they share a kernel an a huge chunk of the userland. It's just some small details that differenciate it. (Only biggies that actually have impact is systemd, musl/glibc, source/binary, even rolling isn't a big difference nowadays).
It's literally bikeshedding.

What kind of retard uses chrome

meanwhile you just search for "chrome" on pacman and it automatically downloads chrome from aur without any bullshit pre config. Fuck ubuntu

>Also canemail/IRC chat with someone and give them access to my computer viaa shared folder to put a appimage of chrone on my desktop

You've got to be literally autistic to even consider this possibility on this discussion

It's not about chrome, retard, its all about how easy it is to install anything on ubuntu compared to arch based distros

Chrome is popular enouph. For something less popular, pacman might actually install you malware.