Every modern laptop is either overpriced gaymen trash or "thin and light"

>every modern laptop is either overpriced gaymen trash or "thin and light"

lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-p/P1-Gen-2/p/22WS2WPP102
what's even the point of these things? those parts are going to be crippled by the awful cooling on these things
even the power efficient U series chips cause the fans to shit themselves on these laptops

Attached: zoomer laptops.gif (652x562, 626K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/en-us/work/shop/dell-laptops-and-notebooks/latitude-7424-rugged-extreme/spd/latitude-14-7424-laptop/xctol742414us
notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P1-Xeon-E-2176M-Quadro-P2000-Max-Q-Workstation-Review.337120.0.html#toc-emissions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Buy a pre butterfly keyboard MBP you fucking Pajeet

>buying a laptop in 2019 when they all come with less I/O than a cheap notebook from a decade ago

Buy a thinkpad

I just grabbed a msi gs63 on ebay with 7700hq and gtx 1060 for 700

Go for a rugged business model

For the low, low starting price of $3.5K your prayers have been answered.
dell.com/en-us/work/shop/dell-laptops-and-notebooks/latitude-7424-rugged-extreme/spd/latitude-14-7424-laptop/xctol742414us

*ahem*
X
HAHAHAHA
thank you.

>1366x1768
Works great, nigger

Attached: IMG_20190812_231612.jpg (4000x3000, 406K)

I'd be more laughing at getting 4k on a laptop. Most software scales horribly and everything will look tiny otherwise. Lower resolution on laptops is actually a big advantage in being easier to drive and if your workflow requires higher rez I'd be demanding a non laptop work environment.

>if your workflow requires higher rez I'd be demanding a non laptop work environment.
Yep.
The monitor to the left, in my pic, is a 2560x1440 UP2516D hooked to my docked M6800 Precision

Isn't it cool that we don't need that many anymore

I just bought a laptop that would probably piss you off then. I haven’t bought a computer in like 10 years and this is the one I got. It was 1500$ on sale from 2200$

Attached: B1FDB6A0-577C-4BFC-9E28-3B772F150507.png (750x1334, 822K)

retarded gamershit itoddler

>REPUBLIC OF GAMERS

Attached: q5OL30E.jpg (250x174, 5K)

Modern advancements in cooling actually let performance laptops work pretty well for longer stints. It's mostly due to new phase change materials and better design of heat absorbing parts inside the casing (because surprise surprise, the more open and less heat reflectant the inside of the case is, the hotter it stays and the less it can exhaust)
notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P1-Xeon-E-2176M-Quadro-P2000-Max-Q-Workstation-Review.337120.0.html#toc-emissions
Max temp reached was 50c in the back middle, under load. Not great but it's oriented as a portable workstation, not a full desktop replacement. For running a few VMs on the go or cranking out a few solidworks render on-site somewhere, its more than good enough.

>modern laptop
laptops were always trash, only point in getting one is needing the mobility

T H I S
H
I
S

>Windows
Why?

My wife bought one of those a couple of years back. Despite spending over a grand on it, it's not any better than my Elitebook 8770w in any significant way.

portability. if you actually carry your laptop around all day long you don't want some 2kg slab.

If 2 kg for a laptop is too much for you maybe you should be buying a gym membership instead of any laptops.

getac

My wife bought one of those a couple of years back for her boyfriend. Despite spending over a grand on it, it's not any better than my Elitebook 8770w in any significant way.

kill yourself cuck

>I intentionally buy products that are less suited for their intended purpose so I can tell my online friends about how hardcore I am
It's unnecessary extra weight

>products that are less suited for their intended purpose
If you can get a better device and the only downside is that it's 2 kg, then there is no downside. It's not less suited. It doesn't make people hardcore, it makes them normal. Being a manlet with shoelaces thicker than wrists is not normal.
>It's unnecessary extra weight
If the devices are 100% equal in every way except one of them is heavier then there would be no point in getting the heavier one. That's never the case though, thin always makes compromises. Weaker cooling and throttling CPUs, not to mention weaker CPUs all around. Oh and weaker body that can't handle any stress even though it's supposed to be mobile. Keyboards that have less travel and therefore less feeling.

>It's unnecessary extra weight
unless you're climbing a mountain or hiking 20 miles, an extra kilogram does not matter. if you are climbing a mountain or hiking 20 miles, why are you bringing a laptop anyway?