I have an employee, who also lurks imageboards, and is a very nice person in general...

I have an employee, who also lurks imageboards, and is a very nice person in general, he's the frontend developer at my small company, but when it comes down to some technical things, he becomes just unbearably stupid.
I believe, there's a special place in hell for such people. Whenever I try him to convince of a good practice, he just spills out ironic stuff in self-defense which is all just
>I'm frontend I dont need those
I mentioned to him that it would have been nice if he eventually switches to typescript.
>Hope that never happens
I then tell him how good it is for the flow of development when you're managing an actual A-grade enterprise project to cover shit into types, thus eliminating possible microscopic errors at pseudo-compile time. That with static types you can understand the structure of the application way better. That it's not really about typesafety, but the simpler development.
>Nope. I don't do mistakes. Ducktyping goat :^)

Fucking hell, how do I change his mind?

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/yewstack/yew
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>employee
>how do I change his mind?
You fucking assert yourself as his boss, you dickless queer.

Fire him, you spineless cuck! He'snot doing what you pay him for.

Have him port your frontend to Rust
github.com/yewstack/yew

Sit down with him and be honest but don't be a raging faggot attacking him either

He's in another country... A slavic one...

>he's the frontend developer at my small company, but when it comes down to some technical things, he becomes just unbearably stupid.

Front end devs need to be more global oriented than technically fine detailed, chances are he is dealing with non technical people asking him shit or telling him what they want out of a project. It's for him to put it into a usable format for the team where the customer would be lost.

>I mentioned to him that it would have been nice if he eventually switches to typescript.
lol faggot he is front end user/customer facing why bother?

>I then tell him how good it is for the flow of development when you're managing an actual A-grade enterprise project to cover shit into types, thus eliminating possible microscopic errors at pseudo-compile time.
Again, why should front end dev give a shit about this? If this is enterprise level and works for the customers request who cares.

>Fucking hell, how do I change his mind?
you don't and save yourself the time and energy that basically does not bother you. Work around it and be more efficient, build your resume up and leave if they never learn.

One thing you'll find out is that there is no use explaining shit to others who don't want to learn

Fuck that, turn his ass into HR for being a Jow Forums hate poster.

If he's your employee, then tell him what to do or fire him if he doesn't do it.

actually fucking cool. I already use rust for the backend of a couple projects (not OP) so it would be nice to be able to the same language for front and backend

>build your resume up and leave if they never learn
Looks like someone has reading comprehension difficulties.

>He's in another country... A slavic one...

And you give a shit because??????

Giving a shit about some slav coder doing dumb shit is equally if not more stupid than just getting a new job if it bothers you so much

found OP's employee

Cause I value him more than he values me. He's no expert on many things, but the things he does (at least half of them), he does them good. He won't lose anything on switching places.
I'm his boss, mane, get your shit together, I don't switch jobs.

Dart has static typing
Dart is better than Typescript
Dart is better than Javascript (including ES6+)
Dart can be used for mobile
Dart can be used as a standalone scripting language

if Google went ahead with their plans to integrate Dart in browsers your friend would use Dart without questioning

Respond to his ironic jokes flatly as if they were honest statements and communicate that you're being fucking serious and that he needs to cut the shit.
If he's a social retard (read: uses imageboards) he may be confusing lighthearted office banter, self deprecation, and "oh man what a day" commiserating with someone trying to seriously tell them something. I'm speaking from experience as having been that guy before

there are a lot of languages would be better than javascript at its own job, your meme language of the day isn't particularly better than any of them

sounds like you need to skill up in coaching/management then

>I'm his boss, mane, get your shit together, I don't switch jobs.
If you know what to do why did you even bother making this thread

That's a very nice answer, thanks. I've also forgot to mention the fact (a quite important one) that he's a good friend of mine. Anything else to add taking the last piece of info into account?

Found a pic of you

Attached: 2ldsf9.jpg (645x729, 32K)

Yeah, he's too friendly with you at work
You have to be able to draw the line if you're a boss/manager

Then call him?

>b-b-but I can't just m-m-make my employee do his job!
Holy shit you actually are spineless, no wonder he walks all over you. No amount of advice here will help you grow a pair, user.

Attached: 1562417926485.png (186x175, 78K)

I had an intern didn't do shit but play around on trannycord on his phone
Keyword had

Hire/fire quick.

Does he get the job done on time?
Does he do what the customers requests are?
Is the work orders done on time and without too much mess aside from your preferences?
Yes? Why does it matter?

Also
Do you have any hard requirements for this such as use of specific methods/functions?
Do you have any documentation requirements that your recommendations in the OP would align with?
No? Then quit bitching

If you don't like the guy don't renew whatever BS contract you have his ass on. I have a hard time believing you aren't larping bossman because some coworker does it differently. Also, if you're outsourcing work to a slavic country I know you're paying his ass cent on the dollar for an actual employee, who gives a shit if he does the work at the end of the day. If you have strict requirements, find someone who will work within those requirements.

The only person in the entire world that uses dart is the tranny that maintains SASS. Are you the sasstranny?

Not an argument, queer

You're right, it was a question. And now we have the answer!

>hurr durr
kys

>be boss
>can't tell employee what to do
>complain on Jow Forums

good chuckle OP, now get back to doing your actual job and stop outsourcing your job

If you're his boss then boss him around instead of complaining to autistic virgins on the internet