Hey Jow Forums im going to be a freshman studying CS this semester, how hard is CS?

I have already started writing applications in HTML and CSS. maybe i am doing something wrong but it keeps crashing my computer. Will i be able to write java apps too?

Attached: 0_HICLyAdNSIyT0ODU (1).jpg (2028x1152, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/kek
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kek

What

kek

>bait

You'll fine OP, it's made for literal teenagers OP. As long as you're good at math you should be fine. The course is harder than real life.
kek

What's kek

God damnit, did I just give serious advice to bait?

Cs feet :D

Attached: 1565093523125.jpg (708x1000, 115K)

Hey man, i asked for some advice, not whatever this weird stuff is. This is a technology page why are you posting creepy stuff?

As long as you wear your programmer socks you'll be fine

Attached: duwl4b4ci1x01.jpg (900x642, 78K)

CS is basically a math major with programming assignments, I recommend taking electronic engineering classes and joining a club while you have the opportunity.
Be prepared to see a million pajeets. If you thought programmers smell bad wait until you’re in a room of curry axe body spray.
You’ll probably be learning C++ the entire time. Learn some other languages like python or perl in your spare time. Getting familiar with assembly is a good idea too.
Students use stack overflow more than talking to professors. Both will tell you to RTFM.
And always start your assignments when you get them. Waiting until the last minute flies in high school, not in college.
These self taught programmers will taunt you for your degree, but the loan debt won’t matter when you’re making 6 figures.

if this is real you'll be fine. the fact that you're already starting to learn on your own is a good first step. If you want to become a good programmer you will have to be a good autodidact, it is a constant learning experience.

CS education is more than just 'writing apps,' it's heavily based around problem solving and core programming concepts. depending on your school, you won't start with webdev. but you should pursue whatever you're interested in in your free time so you get a head start if you take a class.

take advantage of your department, ask a lot of questions. professors like it when you come to their offices with legitimate questions. join clubs, make friends. hopefully you're alright at math.

above all have fun. I did a cs degree but am not a programmer after 2 years of graduation, but I do use a lot of the rational/technical thought i learned throughout my education.

good luck

>if this is real
bro

>I do use a lot of the rational/technical thought i learned throughout my education.
I bet an indian phone scammer could swindle you out of $10,000 in one call

it's pretty easy, just go to class and do the homework ahead of time

The only hard part of CS is the math classes. The programming classes are EZ as long as you have a 3-digit IQ and the patience to debug your shitty programs for hours on end or wait in a long-ass line for your prof's office hours and have them debug it for you.

If you can't do it then be thankful you only wanted up to 4 years instead of a lifetime.

Are offices hours actually helpful?

?

>CS

You're fucked lol

Attached: 3425654643.png (800x600, 663K)

>actually going to your professor during his office hours
cringe.

Yes. Don’t be that pussy who thinks seeking help is lame. Prof’s love curious students, even if it’s just curious as to “why my assignment doesn’t work”. They will guide you to the answer but never outright state it, as that’s not how school works.

Also if you’re not awkward as fuck and can befriend/relate to prof’s, it will pay off down the road if you need a reference or want to get involved in academia.

>TFW no interpersonal skills

If you've managed to crash your computer with html, I would give up now.

Most cs are total spergs

it's actually hilarious how you can looks at all the other departments filled with normies and then you go to your CS class and it's literally all Jow Forums tier aspies

This.

Also CS has very little to do with coding. It's about the mathematical and technological foundations of computers and software. Like you have to be able to prove mathematically that your stuff works, and do it in exams.

yes install kali linux start hacking bro easy peazy !!!!

Attached: 1561311620848.jpg (325x415, 97K)

>Freshman
IT'S FRESHPERSON YOU FUCKING BIGOT
YOU JUST RAPED ME WITH YOUR LANGUAGE

Attached: 7c6xg44li9921.jpg (500x471, 30K)

Attached: the_musical.jpg (900x900, 109K)

kek

What’s kek? I keep seeing you say it :/

fuck off Jow Forums

lurk more
>knowyourmeme.com/memes/kek

as always start with the greeks

Attached: sci.jpg (1277x2052, 627K)

What book is this?

CS graduate here. Course is a complete waste of time. Learn python in 2 weeks and the basics of algorithms and data structure from any book, it will take you less than 6 months. Use the rest of your time to acquire real knowledge like theology and philosophy.

Unironically this.
But I wouldn't consider it a waste of time: the piece of paper (which does make the difference between getting hired or not, at first) is the goal of a college program, not actual learning.

> paying 6 digits for a college education and not taking full advantage of every service included with it
Mega cringe

> What they teach you in a CS degree isn't "real knowledge"
> But theology is
Top kek.

I worked during my study time at the university and I worked after university with a diploma.

Let me just tell you that without a diploma, you don't really get ahead in jobs.

Is this justified? Yes, it is. A diploma proves that you have the ability to gather knowledge, gain understanding, and work in a scientific way on your own. A lot of people like self-taught coders don't have these abilities. I know, because I saw them weeded out. At my university, out of 800 that start every semester, maybe 50 make it to the final thesis.

Diplomas are a meme

CS is unironically the art of masturbating calculators, theology is what built western civilization.

There's no reason to invest diligence and hard work on bullshit topics, which is 99% of the CS course content. half of these 50 guys that stayed to the end are just not smart enough to think about something else to do with their time

This
If you've ever felt the need to consult a CS professor during any time instead just googling your problem you need to drop out immediately

I remember one time I went to office hours.
The professor unironically googled the answer right in front of my eyes.

>falling for b8 this obvious

Lvl 1 Crook vs Lvl 99 Boss

hOw cAn yOu crAsh a pC usiNg htmL