What would convince you to buy a 16 inch MacBook Pro this year?

What would convince you to buy a 16 inch MacBook Pro this year?

Attached: What-to-Expect-From-The-16-inch-MacBook-Pro-2.png (1000x600, 263K)

a trackpoint

A Navi GPU with at least 6 GB of VRAM.

Why the fuck would they put those rounded edges on a concept image?
No one is asking for that on a computer.

I might consider it if I wasn't a poorfag

Make it 17 inches and not a macbook and I'll buy that for a dollar.

A non-shitty keyboard.

That butterfly shit was horrible.

typing from 2019 MacBook Air
keyboard is awesome, just takes adjustment

Nothing. If I need a new mac for work it will be provided and my personal systems run FOSS.

A lobotomy

Cope posters, and satania bully.

A keyboard that wont break from a spec of dirt.

Ditch their defective keyboard, ditch the emoji bar, add socketed ssd, ram, and wifi, stop riveting in the keyboard, stop gluing in the battery, ship linux drivers, price it below $2000CAD for a decent model.

So realistically, nothing.

Attached: 1538770991329.jpg (1280x720, 273K)

A BBC in my mouth

if it wasn't a mac
prolly will be locked to shitty fuckin macos which makes it wholly useless

It was about all the failures though, retard.

>prolly will be locked to shitty fuckin macos
When has that ever been a problem with macs? They even come pre-installed software to help make installing windows as easy as possible.

OLED display
More robust, thicker frame to prevent screen scratches from keyboard keys due to screen frame bending.
Real cooling solution to bring MBP performance on par and beyond other similar sized/weight laptops.
Upgradable/replaceable ram, ssd, cpu.
64GB ram.
Easy to replace battery.

>BONUS TIER
>XTRA XP level with possible blessings and rewards
Make a MBP 16" Supreme version, with slightly thicker bottom half case to fit a bigger heatsink solution and fans. It will be a bit heavier but not by much.
No need to call it supreme. MBP 16" + or MBP 16" Ultra will do.

the t2 chip. no loonicks

>lets me install linux
>360 degree hinge
>actual F# keys
>touchscreen
>works with apple pencil i guess
>unfucked keyboard
>sub $1000 version with low power silicon that's good enough for drawing I guess because I already have a huge towering desktop monstrosity I don't need to be paying thousands of dollars to shitpost and doodle in other rooms in my house
I'm not like, hoping for any of that or anything. That's just what it would take to convince me to buy it.

Fair enough. Didn’t know that was a thing.

>expandable SSD and RAM
>more ports
>less Apple shills on Jow Forums

forgot to mention keyboard.
>Ditch their defective keyboard, ditch the emoji bar
Also this.

Honestly, it's not that freaking hard to make a decent Macbook Pro. Really, it's a no brainer. All the answers have been out there since 2014 if not earlier.
2012-2015 MBP 15" size factor was near perfect. Unironically many Windows laptops are now closing in on those dimensions while packing a lot more gpu and cpu power.

NVIDIA GPU DRIVER SUPPORT. For the love of God, NVIDIA dominates the GPU HPC area as well as anything AI, Deep Learning, Machine Learning and etc. I don't want to deal with driver cracking/patching bullshit to run Titan EGPU.
AMD is nowhere close at this point, DO NOT FUCK THIS SHIT UP DAMMIT.
At least provide Nvidia driver support.

Nvidia gpu options would be really nice as well and should really be considered for future Macbook Pros, Mac Pros and iMacs.

Attached: 1564577371573.jpg (530x600, 58K)

- Make it about 5 times thicker for better thermals. Shit better not throttle one single bit
- Give me all my ports back. ALL OF THEM. VGA, HDMI, various versions of Thunderbolt, USB A, Ethernet, etc. I want multiple versions of each one.
- Get rid of all the macshit. Replace macOS with Arch.
- Get rid of the touchpad and replace it with a trackpoint.
- Replace the shit butterfly keyboard with a full mechanical keyboard
- Minimum storage capacity is now 1 TB
- Reduce the price to a third of what it is.
- Fuck off with that touch bar
- Remove the logo

Touchscreen with pencil support and a better keyboard.

lmao you want a desktop

Haven't heard anything about failures on the 2019 models so far. Seems like they may have actually fixed it.

>rounded corners on the screen
What in the ever loving fuck

They really don't care about their software developer market share anymore

>various verions of thunderbolt
Dumbest shit on your list
>Can I get uuuhhhhh, this port but objectively inferior in every way

>add socketed ssd, ram, and wifi
You only want these things so you can cheap out on the purchase and upgrade it yourself. It makes for a bulkier laptop and provides no value to the large majority of users.

Half that because Apple are the king of robbery on upgrade prices and half because a 4TB SSD will be both cheap and available in five years when I actually need one.

If it has better keyboard, more ports, better graphics, and wont overheat. OLED would be nice

I don't care, fuck you. They have different shapes and I want all my ports back, no dongles or new cables necessary.
I want every port in existence on that new laptop, otherwise no sale.

Unless you already own a thunderbolt 2 device you will never be able to use that port without a dongle.

price of $0.99

Release source code for MacOS under the MIT license

>A truly awesome keyboard
>Regular M2 SSD support
>I know RAM is far to become upgradeable but still

>What would convince you to buy a 16 inch MacBook Pro this year?

Make it contain actual professional hardware components and build style.

There's never been anything "professional" about a MacBook Pro, and that's always been shameful.

>You only want these things so you can cheap out on the purchase and upgrade it yourself.
Nigger, we want the option to upgrade to newly available hardware as it becomes available.

Nvidea writes the drivers. Nvidea chooses not to write drivers for Apple anymore because of the 2015 15’’ Macbook Pros overheating and each party blaming the other. They’re choosing not to because they’re vindictive. Not apple’s fault.

>Nvidea writes the drivers. Nvidea chooses
Is that so? Well that's unfortunate. From what I remember, Nvidia doesn't have a good history of admitting their faults and Apple doesn't tolerate that level of mismanagement and lack of clear communication.

>muh emoji bar
why is Jow Forums luddite-tier afraid of dynamic function key labels
the only shitty thing about it was the retarded decision to absorb the escape key into it, as an idea it is pretty much everything the f-key row was meant to be from the start.

Nothing

nvidia a shitty company in general but they can't be faulted for not wanting consumers to associate their products with thermal throttling they have no control over.

Vram is a meme kid

Awful rounded corners that make me feel like I'm looking at a fisher price laptop. Continuation of the immersion breaking touch bar. Severe lack of ports for no reason. A power button where backspace should be. A more massive touchpad. Screen that could reflect the sun and light a house on fire. Terrible cooling. Soldered parts. T2 ALL THE PARTS. A repair ability score so bad from ifixit it they consider making it a negative number.

>non-shit hinges
>non-shit keyboard
>more ports
>less thin shit
>bigger battery
>better cooling
BONUS: Made from anything but fucking aluminum.

this desu
i recently upgraded my 2009 macbook from a 250gb 5400rpm hard drive to a 240gb ssd for $39 and the thing works better than new

All around aluminum frame.
2012-2015 MBP 15" size specs, make it a bit thicker and longer to accommodate beefy cooling heatpipes and heatsinks. This would make it the 16"+ version.
I'm sick and tired of my Macbook Pros throttling after a few minutes.
Running both cpu and gpu at full load? Hahaha, forget that.
User replaceable ram, ssd and cpu.
Easy to remove and replace battery
2015 MBP keyboard type.

High end OLED screen or the best possible IPS screens. Full Adobe RGB and P3 coverage.

Make it happen please!

non shit parts
removable battery
proper cooling for the processor
Good keyboard not butterfly shit
Good hinge
Motherboard not made to self destruct
no t2 chip

>tldr if anyone other than apple made it

>function keys instead of touch bar
>better thermals - no noisy fan for low loads
>can boot Linux

Non being fucking 16inch? Which non autistic person carries a laptoo like this in their backpacks?

64Gb ram option
2nd SSD for convenient Linux Dualboot
WiFi 6

Those are the reasons I go with ThinkPad P1 instead of MacBook Pro.

a swelling lithium polymer batteri that turns your mac into a fire hazard after 3 years.

Make it much, MUCH cheaper, on par with actual laptops
Actual usable fucking ports
A real fucking keyboard and not your fucking Mac version of one
Make every part of your fucking OS actual Free software as in Freedom
Support open technologies
...oh wait, this will never happen and I can just buy a real fucking laptop. So fucking nothing can. Fuck off, Macshill.

Otherwise I'll receive cock and ball torture.

You're not supposed to buy a MBP yourself, your employer is supposed to buy it for you.

I'd expect that Huawei copies their design and manages to create a superior product like with the matebook x pro.

Same. The machines are fine, but too expensive in comparison to what you can do with them.

Just buy a Thinkpad.

>Seems like they may have actually fixed it.
no, it't still shit, and that's the reason why apple goes back to the "old" scissor design that every other laptop is using since the dawn of bits.
first apple products with proper keyboard will come in 2020

Change everything to 2015 macbook pro design

>OLED display
why would you want your $2500+ machine to have burn ins after some months of use? You do understand that apple won't consider it a warranty case?

>no, it't still shit
[citation needed]

Complaints have died down entirely since the 2019 models debuted and Apple started putting the 2019 keyboards on older models during free repairs.