>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does. OR upscale from lower resolution with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come within a week. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>Beware and report the permaban evading Jow Forums spammer who posts fake benchmarks
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more
Prev

Attached: 1565374210764.png (754x1092, 373K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cbls9g/the_final_word_on_idle_voltages_for_3rd_gen_ryzen/
community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2019/07/30/community-update-5-let-s-talk-clocks-voltages-and-destiny-2
pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-s2719dgf/
tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm#d
pcpartpicker.com/list/CbH2q4
pcpartpicker.com/product/tJKcCJ/crucial-ballistix-sport-lt-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr4-3200-memory-bls2k16g4d32aesb
pcpartpicker.com/product/rbvbt6/seasonic-prime-titanium-600w-80-titanium-certified-fully-modular-fanless-atx-power-supply-ssr-600tl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PC just shat the bed for the last time and I'm looking to build a new one. I'm able to salvage the RAM (16BG) and monitor (60FPS 1080p). Can probably salvage the GTX 1060 as well but I'd like to upgrade if possible. I wish I had more details on the parts but I'm out of town right now. Primary use is gaming (mostly old stuff but I'd like to be able to run modern titles at least on low-end graphics) plus working in UE4 and 3DS Max. Budget is around 1200 USD. What should I look for/prioritize? Not sure where to start.

>Install new x570 and ryzen 3600
>get random temperature spikes up to 70c while just web browsing

Is this normal? I didn't have this problem with my 1600 and b350. I've already tried reseating the cooler and using a different cooler with no success.

Don't start a new thread until the old one hits the bump limit, retard

early thread bitch. seriously? how dumb are you?

I want to update my BIOS on my B450M Pro4 motherboard, and I'm using a 2600X. Because of pic related, should I update it to 3.5 instead of 3.6?

Attached: 1565667843195.jpg (1080x2041, 801K)

uh, yeah. if it says "don't update"... don't update

I figured, just wanted to make sure I wasn't misinterpreting anything.

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cbls9g/the_final_word_on_idle_voltages_for_3rd_gen_ryzen/

Attached: 3567og.jpg (600x600, 61K)

>>R7 1700X - Budget production
>>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

?

Is Intel finally forever btfo?

>>>R9 3900X - Professional tasks
like you doing video production or some such for a living. although, at that point, may as well threadripper it.

>>reddit

Zen2 boosts aggressively and because the chiplets have such a small surface area relative to the power going into them their temperature spikes. But they're designed to behave this way and it's normal. High temp over such a small surface = not much actual heat produced and the heat sink doesn't even get a workout. Which is why fiddling with the cooler won't help much until you start throwing sustained loads at it.

community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2019/07/30/community-update-5-let-s-talk-clocks-voltages-and-destiny-2

So long as they have their main R&D in Israel, no.

>replace oem fans with quality brand ones
>air from exhaust feels like bliss

Attached: 1565501403750.jpg (514x536, 27K)

Oy Gevalt when will it end?! We need a computercaust!

US team: Sacrifice IPC for clocks and get housefires
IL team: Sacrifice security for IPC and get pwned
Just imagine the backdoored nuclear reactor they could produce together.

So any verdict yet about the best AIB 5700xt?

Is Sapphire the way to go?

Also when will it be for sale in Canada?

Attached: 11877700.jpg (324x286, 22K)

Sorry I mean 3700x and 1700x.

>best
They're all the fucking best because overclocking is both broken and doesn't meaningfully increase performance when increasing mem/core frequency

Sapphire is the best because it's fucking cheap and that's all that matters if they all perform the same.

>forever
literally impossible to btfo them forever when even after 10 years they'll still be laughing at AMD's marketshare and have more than enough time and resources to make a comeback in an even bigger way than AMD has managed.

Is there fucking ANY relevant heatsink between a 212turbo and a fucking nh15? Shit is non-existent in aus and all AIOs are either leaky bois or not even good for their pricepoint

ok intard, AMD's kicking their ass right now and even Epyc is putting them to shame.

I think you missed my fucking point, dumbfuck.
It's impossible for them to keep intel in the dumpster indefinitely and eventually things WILL swing the other way at some point. If you think AMD won't eventually hit another bulldozer shitshow, you're naive as fuck.

So basically cards are already at peak performance? How about undervolting?

not even worth the effort considering borked AMD drivers and the fact that reducing heat won't achieve any gains since they all run cool anyway

Is my motherboard DOA?
>ASRock B450 mITX with "Ryzen 3000 Desktop Ready" sticker
>installed 3700X, no POST & CPU fan spins on and off
>buy and install used 1500X thinking BIOS actually isn't Ryzen 3000 ready
>still no POST but fan spins continuously now
>tried 2 known working GPUs, no POST
>tried both sticks of RAM individually, no POST
>swapped PSUs, no POST
I'm out of ideas and the only thing that makes sense is if my motherboard is DOA. Will a retailer refuse an exchange if I've sent in the box UPC & serial for rebate purposes?

dunno where you live but you need that shit replaced either way.

I don't think AMD won't hit another bulldozer, but I think AMD's currently ready to get comfy for once in a long time. Especially since they came out of Bulldozer swinging hard.

Canada purchased from Newegg.

Dell2719DGF 1440p 155hz TN monitor for 365 leafbucks thanks to a process reduction in this order ((((669.03-264.04)-10% off monitor coupon)-10%ebates shit that I'm using for the first time)
Is that a great deal or what?

Attached: 1552178930822.gif (800x450, 2.59M)

Are you trying to argue with me or agree with me here because it seems like your initial disagreement was just autism at this point

>TN
eeewwwwwwwwwwww

I did miss the point, and now I'm basically willing to admit it. I was acting like a sperg for a minute there lol

Nanami is a slut, but Touko is constantly taking dick 24/7

Jow Forums thread simulation
>technical question
>lol kek retard
>derail
>legit answer
>reply to derail retard
>retard
>reply to retard
>ok thx

Wtf is the best way to cool a zen 2 processor for less than 120 AUD and doesn't exceed 170mm height (if fan needs to move to accomodate ram, we need another 5 or so mm)

don't freak out about it, it's actually better that your fans don't start ramping up just so that you can reduce your temps slightly for web browsing.

Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
Be Quiet! Dock Rock Pro 4

Is the R5 3600 stock cooler good enough? I'm just going to be gaming and doing some a/v work, no overclocking.

i7-3700k -> i5-9600k
AMD 270X -> NVD 1660Ti
Just upgraded

Im good for 1080p/60fps and 1440/60fps right? I literally just wanna play MHW and FFXIV smoothly

Attached: 1560392953544.jpg (204x248, 4K)

Yes, it's enough. It'll just be louder than aftermarket coolers.

You fell for AMD meme. Enjoy your inferior garbage that will go back to being irrelevant in 2 tops 3 years time.

Fine by me, thanks.

get a 3600x and 5700

Here's 2 page with some osd configs and icc profiles
pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-s2719dgf/

tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm#d

For the latter use the icc profiles for the Dell S2716DG icc profiles. Infact any profiles for the G-sync version (the Dell S2716DG) also applies to the freesync one you are using because your monitor is the newer version of that one with a better panel colourwise.

Everything is irrelevant in three years

not willing to buy a noctua d15 series if I gotta run it in single fan mode unfortunately

It's under 170mm height though

Attached: 1555464070874.png (369x298, 8K)

Never mind, when I went to complete the order I couldnt do it. I'm currently out of country and cant use my cell, so I couldnt verify my PayPal, nor could I contact customer service when it said I needed extra verification after inputting my credit card stuff. Feels fucking bad, even worse when I remember I wont be back home for another 20 days, so the sale would be over by then.

I know but the front fan only has a 32mm clearance and the ram is floating at ~40.5mm height which moves the fan over the limit

Then the Dark Rock Pro 4 is what you need since the front fan is only a 120mm fan

ITS ALREADY ON ITS WAY FUUUUUUUUUCK

Attached: 1560398150869.jpg (250x250, 15K)

>mhw
NIGGA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wouldn't matter, they're sold out.

WHAT
Im probably gonna go full AMD for my next build a decade down the line though. Buying parts is so fucking frustrating

Attached: 1560395983703.jpg (446x525, 95K)

mhw is notoriously unoptimised and it only gets worse above 1080p. You kinda really needed a Navi GPU

RAM clearance is an issue, true, I had to move two sticks on side slots

I was really looking forward to playing that game...

Attached: 1560390441689.jpg (790x700, 192K)

Silly question, did you install memory? You did install a graphics card and plug the monitor into the graphics card right?

>>RX 5700XT - higher fps
>2160p (4K)
>>RTX 2070S OC - budget option.
In reality 5700XT beats 2070S in almost every instance fren

Yes, I installed and plugged in everything.

did you make sure not to mix up your CPU 8-pin connector and your pcie 8-pin connectors?

they are equal within 10fps range margin of error if you translate it into ms

Yep, this isn't my first PC build. Besides, the modular cables have markings and I double-checked them before plugging them into the PSU and motherboard.

it's same thing on my PSU though

5700xt does not beat the 2070S you fucking moron, it does that for the 2060S. If the 5700XT was still better than the 2070S we wouldn't have people like GN Steve commenting in their latest video about how the 2070S is technically better but a bad value proposition given the price difference.

Got spare time again.
Give me your budget and ill build for u

also
watching GN
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Attached: hyahya021.webm (960x1706, 1.28M)

>watching Nvidia's Nexus

rate
pcpartpicker.com/list/CbH2q4

>doesn't compare graphs for himself across several outlets and believes everything marketing tells him

Attached: 1246357672032.jpg (604x483, 41K)

Why do you need the thermal paste?

What are you going to be using it for? The titanium PSU seems excessive to me

Drop that RGB fluff and save money. Get this RAM instead
pcpartpicker.com/product/tJKcCJ/crucial-ballistix-sport-lt-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr4-3200-memory-bls2k16g4d32aesb

Yet they gave the Zen 2 cpus barring the 3800x rave reviews.

>upgraded from 4c/8t to 6c/6t
>"upgraded"
haha

>Im good for 1080p/60fps
Yeah in games that don't stutter like shit on a threadlet CPU, which is a lot of them now days. Far Cry 5 stutters down to 30fps on anything less than 6c/12t. Witcher 3 is even worse.
Maybe you won't notice.

Look at benchmarks. Native 4K on the 5700XT is not great. It does not scale as well to high resolutions as GCN typically did.
Now, you can do RIS upscaling and it does that better than an equivalent Nvidia card, sure. Which the OP already says. You're just lying.

Most of the biggest shills still can't deny that AMD is completely destroying Intel.

>no ssd
>thermal paste when the bq drp4 already comes with it
>x570 for 8 cores

>recommending cl16 over cl14
>for ryzen

>Being braindead ape and not buying cheapeast G.skill 3200Mhz cause every each can hit cl14 timings easily

Micron E-die OCs pretty well and there's a good chance user can reach 3200CL14 or go up to 3600CL16. The difference in price can be spent elsewhere like an SSD which will actually make a significant difference in general usability.

>The titanium PSU seems excessive to me
but it feels nice, I got seasonic and this feeling of redundancy and safety is superb

-Why go for 4k over 75Hz+ 1440p?
-Why 32gb RGB ram. 16 Gb is enough. Either pick a good 16GB RGB ram or pick what thi guy said -PSU is way too high end. 750w is enough but I can understand wanting some flexibility in the future but Gold efficiency is more then enough. Titanium efficiency is more for servers. Step down in either efficiency to gold or psu wattage. PSU's are important but anything at B or above is more then good.
-Storage if you need 2TB it's fine but you should get an SSD sooner or later.

Are you running a server?

>b450 tomahawk max board went from 100 to 150 eur on german amazon in a day

It's going to come back to its normal price soon r-right lads?

2700 or 3600 if I want to vm instead of dual boot?

Try the fanless meme then
pcpartpicker.com/product/rbvbt6/seasonic-prime-titanium-600w-80-titanium-certified-fully-modular-fanless-atx-power-supply-ssr-600tl

what if he wants to reach 3733?

what if he needs it though

no but when something feels nice and makes my life less hectic for a very long period of time - I buy it

Attached: 81lhxg25UML._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1110, 179K)

I already run it in fanless hybrid mode. It never spins.

Well yeah that's the point. You may as well just get a fanless PSU. They're more suited for it. They have better passive cooling than hybrid models.

I installed a Ryzen 9 3900X in my wife last week.

She's now pregnant with octuplets and they're due in 3 weeks. Meanwhile my neighbor chose Intel and keeps discarding miscarried fetuses in his driveway.

Thanks Dr Su!

Are you fitting in yet?

What does /pcbg/ recommend for cases? Just Meshify C generally and O11 for higher tier?

It depends what you want.

the point it spins when load exceeds 50%

I have all the cases I'd ever need, just wondering what the general opinions are

So 16GB of ddr4? I don't know if ue4 and 3dsmax are heavily multithreaded workloads or not, but since your primary focus seems to be gaming a R5 3600 paired with a B450 board would be a pretty good budget option. It has good balance between gaming and productivity. R5 3600 + a good B450 board with solid VRMs would be about $330 I'd imagine. Look for either a MSI B450M Mortar or a MSI B450 Tomahawk if either of those are priced reasonably in your area, so $110 ish. These motherboards I mentioned have good enough VRMs to support even an overclocked 8-core or a stock 12-core.

RX 5700XT with aftermarket coolers launched this week, which offer quite good value for your dollar in the mid- to high-end. Comparable to a RTX 2070S in most cases while being 20% cheaper. Though you probably still have to wait a week to have them in stock.