Can Jow Forums solve this?

Can Jow Forums solve this?

Attached: Screenshot_20190813-065516_Chrome.jpg (875x208, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calculator_input_methods
reddit.com/r/ProgrammerHumor/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just don't be a brainlet and use C

Using unwary plus operator for type coercion from string 'a' to number yields NaN. Yawn.

*unary

Why should I?

Jow Forums can't even solve 8 / 2(2+2) without using google..

'b' + 'a' is string concatenation so 'ba', + 'a' is a unary + so conversion to Number leads to NaN since its not 'a' is not a numeric value, concatenation with 'ba' and NaN converts NaN to a string which leads to 'baNaN', then that gets concatenated with 'a' which is 'baNaNa', the .toString() at the end is redundant.

You checked the answer didn't you, cheaters

assumes blank means variable n?

>the .toString() at the end is redundant.
but it's .toLowerCase()

>8/2*(2+2)
>8/2*(4)
>4*(4)
>16

With PEDMAS

brackets unclear, got my dick stuck in your dads asshole

>8 / 2(2+2)

Giving a formula but not agreeing upon the notation or giving clear structure - you're provoking others to do a mistake, which is your fault.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calculator_input_methods

Attached: sketch-1565696797186.jpg (1080x1920, 68K)

ooh.. what app is that? Seems handy.

No, it's just pretty simple if you have worked with Javascript.
You're just mad because you couldn't work it out without checking the answers.

you'd have to be a dribbling fucking retard to not know this question.

Newer programming languages use the not-a-number construct. I don't even use javascript and figured it out.

Mathematicians (LIKE MYSELF, humble brag) don't write expressions like that because they're ambiguous, and they never use that division symbol. This kind of Facebook post ("90% of college mathematicians don't know the answer!") is only designed to provoke arguments and waste everyone's time.

Anyway, for the record, a mathematician intending the answer to be 16 would write this as (8 / 2)(2 + 2), and one intending it to be 1 would write 8 / (2[2 + 2]). Better still, they would write the divisions as a horizontal bar with the dividend above it and the divisor below.

>what is checking the file name
The absolute state of Jow Forums

+ 'a' (positive 'a') = NaN
'b' + 'a' + NaN + 'a' = 'baNaNa'

>baNaNa

it's 'banana' all lowercase letters

You don't see the .toLowerCase() on the end?

yes? that's what i said here

Yeah, well he was explaining the shit before the .toLowerCase()

Yes. Just use the string literal 'banana' and you solved the problem of unreadable, unmaintainable code.

>solve
Fuck knows, why would anyone want to waste time trying to work out what weird shit JS does when you give it a retarded pile of input.

+ "a" = nan

Also I love the absolutely blatant reddit reposts. Can't believe they're getting all these replies. I saged.

reddit.com/r/ProgrammerHumor/

Holy shit, that's literally my colleague, I saw this in the js fun thread here on Jow Forums and posted in my work group, this guy is a fresher so he asked on stakeoverflow, I saw the same thing posted on r/programmehumour too(yes, fuck me for browsing reddit), I am not even kidding I have no reason to, fucker got like 500 rep for this

Why? The rules are obvious. Left to right, unless the operator on the right has a higher priority. And everything inside brackets is to be considered one term, so it can't be broken apart.

The answer is 16 and that is obvious. Stop roleplaying.