Well?

Well?

Whether you use pass, Keepass, Bitwarden or Lastpass, you use a master password.

How did you come up with it?

Attached: master.png (1000x1000, 35K)

first love, nickname, a thing from my childhood, random numbers

>first love, nickname, a thing from my childhood
yikes, things that can ID you. bad idea.

I take out my penis then rub it across the keyboard

4 digit code

just a random phrase that doesn’t mean anything related to my personality with some extra numbers and symbols at the end

>using a password manager
Putting password in your clipboard is 100 times more dangerous than typing it in

Retards

correct horse battery staple

Autotype

>Password must be 3 or more characters

sat down with mai waifu (3d) and came up with an inside joke phrase. then did a ton of letter substitutions.

KeePass clears the clipboard after less than a minute by default

Faggot :^)

3 diceware words + 6 digit birthday + a symbol or two

my name, and year of birth.

>personal password
>for personal logins
>Concerned about ID
Okaaay user

Memorized a randomly generated 16 character password

Pick a sentence/phrase you know from something you like. Say "the hacker formally known as four chan"
Then take the first letter of each word

thfka4c

You'll want something longer or add other stuff too but that's the idea.

I just mashed the keyboard and then added some vowels in the result to make it memorable.

master passwords?? lol, where is your brain?

diceware with 32 character password remembered.

nice try nsa

>not using your mind as the ultimate password manager
enjoy your botnet

something that isn't real and i haven't told anyone about so only I know of it

Nice try FBI.

All I'll say about my password is that I made sure it wasn't in any of those password databases online.

It's a name which nobody knows.

A lovely metal band's name written in the haX0r style.

The method I use makes your password very resistant to both dictionary and brute force attacks. Basically you take a long word and place a symbol after or before each letter.

ie: d.i.p.s.h.i.t. or ?f?a?g?g?o?t

Further streghthening can be achieved via use of longer SAT or foreign words + alternating special symbols

ie: i+n$c+o$n+s$e+q$u+e$n+t$i+a$l+ or d~a\i~j\o~u\b~u\d~e\s~u

The only think you have to remember is the word and symbol placement. Should someone be stupid enough to add this to their dictionary attack it now becomes brute forcing as any efficiency is destroyed.

Attached: 685x960.jpeg.4789671bbe5b459eaac99777e4148423_.jpg (685x960, 64K)

k.y.s d?u?m?b? a+t$t+e$n+t$i+o$n w~h\o~r\i~n\g t%r%i%p%f%a%g

There you go, it would take fucking forever to crack that shit even with a server farm.

I actually stole it from someone else on irc, the dumb ass thought the server would censor it. What hacker would type their own password into the account they are hacking? Pic related is how I did it but please don't steal it from me in case I want to hack you.

Attached: file.png (600x400, 82K)

I use five emojis
>easy to memorize
>virtually impossible to crack

the hashcat zoomer add-on will break that in seconds

master password?
I use a different, random character password everywhere

Attached: perfect-memory.jpg (768x1024, 209K)

>implying I'll tell you, FBI
Anyways, all of those are a joke. Use LessPass on a device without connectivity.

>using your mind when mind reading tech will become a reality in less than 20 years
You need to future-proof better.

It takes less than a second for a malicious js or software to steal it. Also, attacks like RAMbleed can steal your master password without any effort.
The only non-retarded solution is
>LessPass on a device without connectivity

There are almost 30 trillion possible combinations so have fun

12 letters
brute force central
vs
12 brainlet words
dictionary central if you dont know what you are doing

no, if they tell you how their password is structured its just barely harder than brute forcing the individual letters

everyone knows hunter2, silly user

(number of emojis)^5
you can reduce it by just using faces
dont tell people your password structure retard
nobody will brute force bit by bit knowing its a few emojis.
Thats similar to a 5 letter long password of a couple hundred letter alphabet

Generate a massive random password of 35+ characters upper-lower-numeric-symbols. Memorize typing it.
I don't know why, but I'm very good at type memory.
I doubt I could accurately write it on a piece of paper without a full keyboard to reference.

i use russian alphabet
make a password in english qwerty and translate it to russian layout

My hate for Russia.

There are 1273 emojis

12.73 hundred

I picked 12 characters at random that contain at least 1 capital, lower case, number, and symbol then memorized it

BITWARDEN OR KEEPASS?

I dont have a master password. I have around 10 that I use frequently. I come up with my passwords by thinking of a phrase thats the first that comes off the top of my head. Example, Dounutsanddumplings, I may use that actually... Sometimes I take those passwords and combine them for really long passwords and even longer passwords I look for poetry or speeches that I am fond enough of to memorize.

I hate I FUCKING HATE forced password rules. Forcing some dumb fuck to add 1234 at the end of password does not make a stronger password, just makes hard to remember passwords that are just as easy to break. Longer the better complexity means dick.

Attached: 1563956771259.png (489x424, 129K)

Master password? What master password? I dont know anything about a master password hahahaha. Now go away.

made a meaningless phrase, took the sha256 of it+my old passwords sprinkled in

my password is always something sweet about my waifu with a number at the end :3

Attached: 1544961219963.jpg (850x1145, 358K)

It's a secret.

Read my post again. Slowly.

I use the name of my favorite girl group.

Attached: 66172891_120470025905110_8817906602476929266_n.jpg (640x640, 60K)

It's a song lyric sprinkled with underscores and dashes and mixed caps

I sing it in my head every time I type it

weird, is your password also: cunny7

8 word diceware

In grade school they assigned us one based on a random number and case sensitive word prefix. I just kept using it but I put a symbol between it now.
Same with my locker combo but now for other doors.

i took a four word phrase, deleted some letters, intentionally misspelled one word, and replaced some letters with numbers, punctuation, or special characters ala 1337sp33k.

then i wrote it down and taped it on the bottom of a shelf in my gun safe

Not going to tell you.

I don't, I keep every password in my head

What happens when you have more accounts

I memorize the passwords dumbass

>The only non-retarded solution is
Typing by hand and have it stolen just as easily by malicious JS
Great solution mate.

By the way, I run NoScript :^)

I would have thought that one time getting hacked and leaking 300 million passwords would be enough that people would be smart enough to never use one of these services again. I guess that phrase from Snatch is tried and tested.

>people would be smart
You're on Jow Forums. Everyone here is retarded.

It is randomly generated and then I looked up a list of chars in oclhashcat included by default and then picked one of them to attach at the end.

different words in different languages written phonetically in another.

i have been using my middle name for 22 years and nothing has gone wrong.

S.E.S. is a pretty short password though.

>NoScript instead of uBlockOrigin
Ok, retard.

dont they do different things?
why are you acting like theyre mutually exclusive

Because uBO is all anyone would need for protection against js, and uMatrix is superior to noscript.

I do this as well

i just put a bunch of numbers and letters and at the end some symbols. I remember because of the position of the keys on the keyboard just because it's a bunch of characters that came in my mind randomly

tf are you talking about why does it matter if a local password ids you

mclol

Favourite meal at Wendy's

That's the point, even if people know you use this method they have virtually killed all efficiency their dictionary attack would have had. Now they have to account for a symbol between each letter which may or may not repeat.

In the end you just have to remember the word and symbol + pattern, it makes remembering hardened passwords retard proof (I hope).

desu, I prefer NoScript over uMatrix. I tried both out but NoScript is far easier to set up and just werks out of the box without any hassle. Sure, uMatrix gives you more granular control, but it is a royal pain in the ass to get working.

GOD6969696969

Simplicity and true. No one can figure it out anyway. LOL

Attached: 1488981538128.jpg (2988x5312, 807K)

Attached: 1564786656175.png (448x274, 26K)

Diceware lol

>Making your password from phrases and words that make sense
Gentlemen like me use whatever /dev/urandom spits as password.

see

OK type the null character '0x00' on a normal keyboard. I'll wait.

My password is now a single space

Attached: 61MMFc1RBvL._UX395_.jpg (395x348, 17K)

Diceware, seven words

a mix of all my common passwords that I've used since childhood on various accounts mashed together to create a 50 character 256-bit master password
the only thing I use some of my common passwords for now is just for OS logins and even that I want to change

Actually I came up with it Years ago.
It had letters two Upper case And a symbol.
I AM not selling ebooks I advice not to buy them yet.

my penis is so big it goes all the way from A to Z

Chinese profanity and my library card number from 2nd grade.

I make a long sentence and only type the first letter. So for example "This is a sentence on g" would become "Tiasog".
Add uppercase/numbers and you're good to go. Bonus points for special characters.

i have an algorithm in my mind that generates a password for each service based on the service name

Strongest password I have ever generated and used, was not something which I had in memory. Instead I trained myself to type in a very complicated combination of keys, of which I only had mechanical memory of. Pretty damn secure but also risky as fuck.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD.

Oh shit nigger. I was using KeePassXC but was just copying my password to clipboard, since it forgot it after like 5 seconds. I guess I'll properly look into the autotype functionality.

6 word diceword

>Putting password in your clipboard is 100 times more dangerous than typing it in
Literally no difference. Either you're fucked.

A simple script that gathers entropy and then prints a bunch of truly random passwords.