I want to switch from Chrome to Firefox for a long time but this shit is just unbearable

I want to switch from Chrome to Firefox for a long time but this shit is just unbearable

>open firefox, search quickly, firefox pretends as if i didn't do anything
>font is thicker and sharp
>everything is slightly more spaced out
>tracker blocker list provided by disconnect .me breaks multiple sites I use and even youtube, have to turn it off manually
>bookmarks not appearing in highlights anymore, nothing fixes it
>certain sites show boxes filled only by text before loading the images
>everything loads longer

it is seriously unbelievable how much shit isn't working in it

prove me wrong since im so fucking mad at this

Attached: 1545020461312.png (458x485, 312K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chromium.woolyss.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Change homepage
>Change font
>Change spacing
>YouTube is Botnet, your blocker is doing its job
>>Highlights
>Use quantum then

the font is literally the same but firefox decides to amp up the thickness and sharpness for some reason. spacing is supposed to be the same of everything and changing it fucks all up. how do you mean change homepage? i cant find any other way than highlights to save sites. quantum is the norm right now. i dont even know how i would download the basic one

gayhead firefucks is based

no its broken as fuck

Check font options, compare to chrome if needed.
Highlights are on default homepage, change it. Use bookmarks to save sites, bookmarks bar is simplest.
Quantum by all metrics is faster than Chrome.
Check the customize option, it should allow you decide some parts of the layout fairly easily.

the fonts are literally same and the size too but firefox decides to make it uglier
i want to see and use the highlights for bookmarks but the customization of that is so limited.
majority of speed tests is still won by chrome.
customization is only good for removing all the unusable stuff

The scrolling is also bad

yeah exactly i thought it was interesting at first but later it just bothered me and i cant even customize that shit

I miss Chromecast and yes the font rendering is atrocious...
...but I still stick with Firefox because they are the only ones standing between us and a Google takeover of all web standards.

ONLY FIREFOX SOLDIERS ON

Attached: chrome-vs-firefox.jpg (1000x659, 147K)

Just switch to Chromium
chromium.woolyss.com/

ONLY FIREFOX SOLDIERS ON

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x706, 110K)

Just accept Google as your lord and savior. There is no escape.

That's because you're using a substandard OS that does shit native text rendering. Chrome looks better because it uses its own renderer. On Linux, Firefox follows the system renderer which is generally better and is much better when configured properly.

well thats fucked up. unless linux ever manages to be as good for gaming as windows i wont ever switch propably

>PajeetOs fucks up text rendering too
can't say I am surprised

>>YouTube is Botnet, your blocker is doing its job
Can't go without YouTube.

>I want to switch from Chrome to Firefox for a long time
Why? Since it switched to WebExt, FF is a gimped Chrome. It might not even have the advantage of less telemetry by now.

i would simply feel more safe knowing that everything i do is not being monitored and stored

Use Chromium.

But it's like I said, you can't really trust FF on that anymore.

Like others have been saying, Chromium is Chrome but better, but it seems no one knows for sure if it removes all telemetry. Your best bet is a fork. Personally, I like Palememe, it's way less of a resource hog.

I really, really, I mean fucking really, desperately really want to believe the dirty fucking lowlife mental dwarf chrome shills infesting this site aren't doing it for free.

fuck off firefox shill

this

There isn't telemetry in Chromium if you don't sign in to a google account, but there are still some callbacks to google. You can easily block the domains in the hosts file if you're concerned.

>There isn't telemetry in Chromium if you don't sign in to a google account,
>but there are still some callbacks to google

Also, can you be sure you caught all these callbacks and domains?

Attached: 1443755317179.png (804x804, 163K)

yeah. I let it run for 24 hours with wireshark and chrome://netexport json and examined all the data and blocked each google related domain. It was only like 6 or 7. I then let it run for another 24 hours and it made no unsolicited requests.

Well then, please share the list.

accounts.google.com
clients2.google.com
clients4.google.com
chrome.google.com
csp.withgoogle.com
gvt1.com
redirector.gvt1.com
update.googleapis.com

also note that you should disable IPv6, otherwise the callbacks will route through that protocol

Certificate renewals with an old OS is my problem. Can't even use NASA sites or my old e-mail accounts. Rubbish. But that's my own fault for using a retarded computer with an outdated OS. That might be your issue, OP.