Any recommendations on a new desktop amp/dac?

Any recommendations on a new desktop amp/dac?

I want to upgrade away from Fiio's E10, but I preferably don't want to spend more than $200.

Any recommendations?

Attached: 1405344139_1064785.jpg (2500x2500, 285K)

Audient iD4.

not spending more than 200 isn't worth it

Just get a fucking Bluetooth speaker and stream your shitty Pandora/Spotify playlists with your phone.

This audiophile garbage is just a bunch of overpriced voodoo hokey-pokey snake oil bullshit.

Based and redpilled

this

I have a Fiio E10 too. It was a nice upgrade to the sound from my throwaway laptop at the time. I still have it in a drawer somewhere, haven't used it in years. When I built a desktop I got an ASUS Essence STX II "Audiophile grade" sound card. I really can't tell them apart. They can both drive my Sennheiser and Fostex headphones at any volume without distortion and the sound is crystal clear. I don't know what "audiophiles" are chasing after but I'm not spending thousands of dollars to figure it out.

tl;dr be happy with what you have

What's wrong with the E10? I have one too and it drives my K7XXs just fine minus windows thinking it's a USB hub and throwing errors all the time saying that there's not enough power
Also this.
I connected my headphones to my phone and it's about the same just not loud enough

this

aptx sounds the same with wired

Audio is exponential. Once you hit the high-tier, it's only more and more money to get slightly better quality. It's truly amazing though at the high fidelity. There are many variables.

said normalfags ever

Is getting an E10 worth it if I have 80 ohm DT 770s or is it a meme?

What headphones are you running?

Audio Technica m50x's, reddit recommended them.

atom and ol dac

Any decent amp and dac will run you $100/ea. If you're not spending at least $200 it's not worth it
>m50x
Dog shit headphones. May was well save up for something better

b-stock jds o2 ($90 without batteries) + apple usb-c dac ($10) + usb-c female to usb-a male adapter ($1ish)

Worth it how? I'm using that combo at work, it sounds good.

What would you recommend? I was looking at some Astro's for gaming, or maybe HyperX

Is it enough of an improvement in sound quality over using onboard soundcard to be worth spending $75 on the Fiio E10?

I wouldn't call them dog shit. They hold their own, just not in terms of what we're calling high fidelity sound. They're excellent for the money, give you a nice V-shaped sound signature, and have great portability.

I think its worth checking out other options at or around the same price point. Do you know if you want open back or closed? Detachable cable? 1/4" plug? Don't be afraid to buy the M50's; they were my first pair of headphones almost 10 years ago and really got me into hi-fi audio.

If you're looking for gaymer shit, mh-751 are a fine choice. It's literally 82pros with a detachable microphone

JDS Labs Atom + Topping D10
Topping DX3

massdrop O2/ ODAC combo is decent and clean
FX Audio DAC-X6 is probably best bang for buck

Audiophile stuff is shit peddled to retards, just like Apple products, but there is absolutely room above fucking bluetooth speakers without getting into snakeoil bullshit.

ie having an actual god damn sub. Literally makes or breaks an audio system, and people who just have a pair of bookshelf speakers on their desk because """"""you don't even need a sub with these"""""" are fucking absolute, 100%, complete shitheaded retards.

1) Amp: Lepai/Lepy 2020A+ or 2024 or whatever the fuck it is now, like $30
2) Micca MB42X bookshelf speakers, like $90? Even these are overkill, look around for ones that aren't complete dogshit, you should be able to get more than good enough quality with a $40 pair of speakers
3) THIS IS IMPORTANT
4) DON'T FORGET IT YOU FUCKWIT
5) A god damn subwoofer, are you fucking retarded or deaf? Dayton Audio 10" 100W is like, I don't know, $50? $80?

That's it. Literally it. $200 for a complete audio system that will stomp the shit out of anything a retarded normalfag will have, and be 99.999% of the same (read: neither you nor the audiophaggot will be able to tell the difference) as those ass retarded multi-thousand dollar systems.

Attached: 1536989318789.jpg (216x157, 11K)

the e10 sounds cleaner than the dac x6 to me, using dt 770s. it also sounds ok with hd 599. the x6 sounds a bit shit to my ear. there's a fella who left a review on amazon claiming the x6 sounds nicer using a different power supply than the one included with the x6. i have no idea whether that's bullshit tho.

only good answer itt
everyone else is clueless or shitposting

t. salty poorfag

A dipshit and his money are soon parted.

>you can't even hear above 17kHz anyway
Knowing that fills me with a pleasure I just can't describe.

Attached: 1551545160854.png (280x278, 103K)

why would you buy something from a decent company then instead of buying the same company's dac for the same price you buy chink shit?