the linux meme

> the linux meme
> trust some nigger autists to put everything on a server and download it from there
> sudo sudo sudo sudo sudo sudo
> download package with sudo apt get
> package not found

lmfao linux is fucking garbage and anybody putting up with it is actually retarded

Attached: CHADJEET.jpg (640x1280, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2019/08/down-rabbit-hole.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>OP is too stupid for fucking ubuntu

Attached: 11df3f.jpg (588x823, 39K)

hehehe

ITT: gatekeeping working as intended.

Why put a gate around a pile of dog shit

Because that dog shit is a cover up. Beneath the dogshit, if you dig a hole, you can find the most vast riches of what makes gnu/linux so great. Aka you're too retarded.

What riches? Shitty app knock-offs and begging for drivers?

>he fell for the dog shit again, even when explained how this situation works
kek, never change wintoddlers.

That's literally the 99%ile linux experience. If there's anything more, I don't care for it.

good we don't want you to care about the good parts of linux
I would personally feel better knowing you're not using the same software as me but using some shitty botnet

comedy gold

Attached: 1556466443013.png (380x467, 18K)

>thinks linux isn't botnet
retard

Your loss. Keep begging for drivers and apps, poorfag.

>hurr durrr systemd is NSA backdoor
>duurr hurr ubuntu sends your loli collection to amazon

Attached: wojakinfinidumb.png (478x523, 16K)

Linux is largely unaudited. There is no automatic quality control. We're supposed to trust some chubby tubbies.

On Linux, you at least have the possibility of viewing the source code of the software on your computer. Windows requires hacky solutions to combat telemetry, and even after deleting the right services/files, you're still stuck with shit like _NSAKEY in the registry.

All OSs nowadays can't be trusted that well anyway. The future of computing is basically fucked

You're greatly overestimating how much the average programmer (let alone user) cares about source code. I don't even know the linux github. Plus, if you're qualified enough to look at arbitrary systems code and understand it easily, you are doing the community a disservice by not logging your findings and auditing it.

>On Linux, you at least have the possibility of viewing the source code of the software on your computer.
Oh I bet you inspect all the code before compiling it.

>linux github
fyi the Linux kernel isn't officially on GitHub; it's self-hosted.
I do agree though, I've been using various Linux distros for about four years now, and I don't even know much about programming. Despite what many people say, the average Linux user just doesn't give two shits about how their computer really works it seems.
At least with open source systems you *can* look at the source if you're autistic enough to do so. On Windows/macOS? Not a chance.

you're sayin that proprietary is more trustworthy than non-proprietary?

darwin/xnu is free software. if the free software community cared one bit, they would have made their own distro with it. Linux is a server os by design.

So proprietary is less botnet?

Yes, sir. The Microsoft Windows is the most better solution by far.

Yes, I'd rather use code written by guaranteed handpicked professionals than loner incels/trannies.

>darwin/xnu is free software
MacOS interfaces aren't.
>Linux is a server os by design
What is FreeBSD? And yet MacOS based on it.

>Linux is a server os by design.
It was literally written as a desktop kernel, you fucking idiot.

in a botnet way?

>guaranteed handpicked professionals
The incompetent developers at Microsoft can't even fix their own shitty duct-taped OS. I'd rather put my trust into an open platform supported by various companies (Intel, AMD, Valve, Red Hat, etc.)

>MacOS interfaces
So what, give and you shall be given. Apple could publish more code, but literally nobody cares about it, so they wasted their time publishing darwin/xnu.
>based on it
this and
macos has a perfectly low latency kernel and runs smooth, like a desktop should. Enjoy your 10000 safety features, virtualizations, and pulseaudio.
Just wireshark it bro

What is there to fix?

>What is there to fix?
* Not being to decide between Win32 and UWP
* Automatic updates with no option to disable without resorting to registry hacks or group policies
* Inconsistent UI (Control Panel and Settings, Windows 7-era leftovers clash with newer Metro UI, etc.)
* OS hogging up more resources than it should (Linux can use

Also this: googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2019/08/down-rabbit-hole.html

>than it should
Barring ramdisk and other caching, how much RAM should an OS use?

all of it
unused RAM are wasted RAM

As I said,
>Linux can use

I'm running LTSC + w10 privacy to the max, swap and some services disabled. It's fantastic when you apply a few fixes.

>LTSC
Ohh, I forgot that existed. IMO it's the best version of Windows that's actively supported, but it's still a pain that you have to go out of your way to get a pirated ISO of it just to have a stable install of Windows 10.

Microsoft gives such keys away via their students programs.

You can download it from Microsoft site, retards. It's literally free.

No, it is figuratively free. Free as a contraction of the phrase "free of charge" is figurative.

Need CD key

sudo apt-get was a mistake and everyone knows it.
>you are doing the community a disservice by not logging your findings and auditing it.
pay me commi
it's kernel.org, it's always been kernel.org, but they also have a github, and literally every other git clone of it in existence because that's just how git works.
you think they don't take loner incel trannies as paid professionals. everyone working on the linux stuff's getting paid somewhere everyone needs a house and food.
you missed my favorite, have you ever tried to do a custom msi install wizard, it's all javascript wrapping some random ass internal in memory sql database. it's not fun to write.

>pay me commi
OK sign my contract.
>paid
It's just donations, totally worthless.

>On Windows/macOS? Not a chance.
macOS is mostly free. Only Aqua is proprietary.

I can't tell if this is low quality bait or if you're genuinely this stupid.

Attached: 1565178627495.gif (700x704, 295K)

>macos
>runs smoothly
kek

Yes, it runs quite well. Even on 2GB of RAM and a core 2 duo.

>install ubuntu
>install steam, version in the repos doesn't work for some reason
>install steam using valve's .deb
>install TF2
>boots but the framerate inexplicably varies between 10 FPS
>install dota 2
>doesn't even launch
>try to boot it from terminal
>no solutions online
Cool fucking OS.

>why are you even playing video games, grow up
>why do you even want to use Office, proprietary software is bad for you
at this point I'm entirely convinced Linux is good for nothing else other than reading PDF files, using firefox, and managing files

Attached: 1565874880836.gif (570x537, 58K)

>at this point I'm entirely convinced Linux is good for nothing else other than reading PDF files, using firefox, and managing files
Because it doesn't run Windows toys or M$ Orifice? Shows how much Wintoddlers actually use their computers.

he is right, linux often can't find own fucking packages or require different commands for EACH FUCKING DISTRO

>tripfaggot
>too stupid for GNU/Linux
like pottery

Lol. Look at this delusional faggot

brain damage, lol

The final boss of poogramming

t. winjeet

Sorry sweety. I'm a Linux Chad

Attached: Screenshot_20190815-100344.png (1800x2048, 208K)

Pajeets also love Android Linux.

Keep on coping you aids ridden tranny. Don't forget to dilate

I'm thinking of just pirating the mac os honestly.
What can linux do that mac os can't?

Your curry is getting cold.

There's always synaptic and the graphical app store of ubuntu if you are too much of a brainlet to type correctly the package name, just sayin'

Attached: 156575101427.jpg (390x386, 25K)

>thinking Linux is only Android
>thinking only Indians use Android
I see the aids already ruined half your brain. Or was it all the hormones you taken to look like a "girl"
Your post makes me doubt you are capable of putting together a hackintosh that won't shit itself after an update

>Windows toys
kitty, at least you must not waste hours to install something or use because it don't want to work

Is this in English?

>this is assuming it's a fairly minimal install
My xubuntu with lots of casually needed daemon, full xfce DE and plenty of other histles just consumes 400-450 MBs at idle, so i would say 300 MBs is casual idle usage for any sensible combo

even windows 7 or early mac os were more civic, linux is just disaster where alwyas something is fucked up

if been attenting to school then they teach you how to build sentential contextes

then I will remove trip code, will you cry?

>just consumes 400-450 MBs at idle
and what? xp consumes 250mb and is far more advanced

I’m running gentoo optimized to my hardware and it takes only 80MB of memory with the desktop environment and it boots in less that 4 seconds flat.

Cope

>It's another wintard tries to shitpost about linux episode

Attached: 1538291487792.jpg (225x225, 9K)

do you want a toolbar with that?

Did you forget your old trip? I had you filtered on /vp/ already

>running gentoo
OH FUCKING COMON

Xp has MORE options than your gentoo, it can't be even installed without fucking tex commands

I change it for fun in hope to hit the one I need

Attached: 1547605479639.png (598x559, 597K)

>I-IT T-TAKES ONLY 100MB IN I-INDLE
>I-IT BOOTS UP F-F-AAST!!!

What if people need software and graphic interface on system options? hell, even apple know that

>what is a desktop environment?
>SPOON FEED ME!
Your cognitive dissonance is delicious, you are so fucking jealous of Linux and it’s hilarous. You are like the fox and the grapes

Have you tried using
sudo apt search packagename
you dumb fucking baboon? I was using ubuntu in middle school you fucking mong.

jealous of what? on windows and mac os I just click and done

meanwhile in 2019 you must use text commands to change power plans or to set up battery saver XDDDDD

>I don’t even know how to use the terminal to hibernate
Linux was not made for the likes of you.
By the way, there does exist a gui for this in just about every flavor of Debian-based distros

>l-linux has auto power m-management

?? excuse me? I understand mac os since it's the only os made native [and it has power saver to trim cpu] but home desktop should be easy to manipulate power of your work station [no LMT is too complicated]

it was made for people with autism, since since 20 years you can't implement basic options into gui "because it's less secure" EXCUS ME?!?!?!?!?!

>tfw too stupid for computers

>he is right, automobiles often can't find their own parts or require different parts for EACH FUCKING CAR.

operating system should be easy on the level of 6y old child

According to?

to windows 98, millenium, xp, vista, windows 7, windows 8.1, windows 10, mac os lion, tiger, snow leopard, chrome os, android 2.3, 4.1 4.4, 5.1, 7, 8, 9
ios 10, 11, 12, 13

OK you win

The answer is simple; don’t use linux. It is not for you.
I certainly won’t change it. Neither will anyone else in this thread. Developers like me care only about getting shit done. Linux is made for developers and ricers so if you’re neither then stop complaining. You’re clearly not a good developer, as anyone worth their salt could just automate their tasks themselves with like 3 lines of a bash script.

well, you convinced us all op, let’s just collectively drop linux for wangblows

>all botnet
Good riddance!

>Developers like me care only about getting shit done.
That must be why Windows is used in every enterprise setting.
Linux is literally the concept of a ToyOS. It is only used by tech hipsters who want to get to say that they use an obscure OS. You can go deeper down the well and find tech hipster hipsters who brag about using a more obscure distro with a more obscure WM.
Literally the only thing there is to do on that joke of an operating system is dress it up to look pretty. Small wonder trannies love it so much.

Runs miles better than whatever screen tearing 90s trash you use.

Cool so 80 out of 128mb, congrats. I have 16 gigabytes and can run literally (read: literally) any windows and linux program perfectly. Keep tinkering idiot.

You can automate everything in powershell as well.

No, you’re thinking of Windows XP aka the fisher price toy lol

>oh no, they are using linux how could this be possible?
Gay.

Linux is a kernel.

Linux is a family of UNIX-like operating systems