There's a person living in this world this very moment who designed this

There's a person living in this world this very moment who designed this.

Yes that person probably have an IQ of 60, but he managed to inject his idiocy into this software.

He could've easily put some space between offset and first byte of the row, so we could read the fucking offset, but he didn't. You know why? Because he is a god damn idiot.

Let's celebrate this idiot. Because of these idiots, we can't have a decent GUI in linux. This example is definitely not a cherry pick. This is the idiocy of linux GUI guys in general.

The guy who programmed this, fuck you!

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-08-15 14-06-40.png (927x534, 111K)

fork it and do it yourself faggot, lmao

Literally a one-line code change. If you don't like it, submit a pull request. But you probably dont know how to do that, huh? Funny how that works.

>user complains about bad user experience
>tells user to go fix it yourself
that's exactly what I was talking about, that stupid mentality prevents us to have a decent user experience.

See, that is the problem with the Linux community right now. If someone complains, they get told to fix it themselves. In Windows, the programmer of said hex editor would be shamed into fixing his stupid bug.

The onus on fixing a program should be on the original programmer, not on the poor saps that want to use said programs.

Linux is not a consumer OS. It was never meant to be. It never will be. The OS and software were meant to be maintained and improved by the users themselves. If that's a problem for you, it's not an OS you should be using. Most people writing software for Linux are writing software for themselves. Not for you.

>lonox os not o consomor os

Attached: 1512325659709s.jpg (240x250, 7K)

Dilate and learn to code, tranny.

Why not fix it yourself? No one is obliged to do it instead of you.
>If someone complains, they get told to fix it themselves. In Windows, the programmer of said hex editor would be shamed into fixing his stupid bug.
Sure thing buddy, every Windows dev is patiently sitting at his computer all day waiting for random users to say him what to do next and he obliges immediately.

Op. What do u mean?
Cant u read?

Programmers are so lazy.
I pulled a request to fix a bug for a wordpress plugin one week ago with no answer.
The last commit was 2 months ago with most being a year ago.

If only it were possible to somehow *download* the source code, add a simple fix, compile it, and install it. Just imagine!

Like, if you could easily fix that little annoyance by adding the single one-liner " gtk_widget_set_margin_end(gh->offsets, 20);" at line 1290 of src/gtkhex.c

But I'd guess you'd need it to be some sort of "open source" or something. How ludicrous!

(Go fucking back to your toddler-safe iOS/Windows, user, Linux clearly isn't for you)

Attached: fixed.png (1253x523, 160K)

Based. Even though he's been given the solution, he won't actually be able to compile it, which is pretty funny desu

Why the offset shows always 000000? Did you fuck up this very simple change, user? Are all Linux developers this incompetent?

Install BSD, then.

top kek

the nigger replaced last 2 characters with space, that's why offsets are 6 character.

lol, didn't even notice that. Fine, fuck it, changed the end margin to 10.

Point still stands though: there's nothing about any open source program you can't fix quickly by yourself if you're willing.

Attached: fixed2.png (894x522, 113K)

Still wrong. You're missing the last digit. Your change doesn't fix the problem.

>line 1290
Bloat confirmed.

you missed the point, you fucked up with your claim, just stop.

>there's nothing about any open source program you can't fix quickly by yourself if you're willing.

why would somebody do that? he has to maintain every change himself. what happens when the software has a new version and when you do 'apt upgrade'.

>le epic linux dev tries to show off
>breaks the fucking program trying to implement the "simple one line fix"
This is why no one takes linux neckbeards seriously

Attached: lion.png (393x391, 71K)

Pull request, my melanin-enriched friend.

derp... In my defence, I don't know anything about GTK
But I do know how to figure things out!
" my_alloc.width = 8*gh->char_width + 100; on line 1973 of gtkhex.c

Attached: fuckit.png (727x523, 98K)

Now it's only display 12.5 bytes when there's 16 bytes on each row.

congratulations, now the end of the hex is missing. last hex bytes are single character and is not followed by the next line.

>there's nothing about any open source program you can't fix quickly by yourself if you're willing.

>In my defence, I don't know anything about GTK

you can't make this shit up

Attached: lel.jpg (650x394, 50K)

based retard

Even omitting your shitty broken code
>Force user to fix thing themselves
>Have to learn a library just to make an application useable

>Force user to fix thing themselves
You are not the user the developer is targeting with the software. The developer is the user. Most Linux software is made for personal use, and the developers don't give a shit if you like it.

I'm laughing at myself as well. Definitely foot in mouth. Ah well, at least I'm learning!
1955: alloc->width = alloc->width + gh->char_width;
1974: my_alloc.width = 10*gh->char_width;
Better?

(I'm starting to understand why you need a GUI to layout GUIs)

Attached: 4.png (726x520, 103K)

>using GUIshit
lol

>Hex editor on Linux
I WINE'd HxD and it just werked.

What fucking nerd even uses computers lmao

>tfw you fell for the Linux meme

Attached: 03a.jpg (600x454, 40K)

>what happens when the software has a new version and when you do 'apt upgrade'.
Nothing happens, because you don't even have the software installed. What you have is a different version that you compiled, and it has nothing to do with your package manager or the updates it provides.

If only there was a project that did things better... admittedly, I just use VScode's hex editor.

Attached: okteta[1].png (1055x707, 187K)

Too many info on screen for a fucking Hex editor. Qt/KDE manages to bloat even the simplest programs.

he still what he wanted, though. you learn by doing believe it or not.

>needing to patch in such a simple thing every other hex editor has
Nah, the dev was stupid for not having it in by default.

Just use a different one? I use hecate.

>no spacing on the right
How do you use this shit if you're hex editing a hex dump? Fix that.
I bet you'll once again end up with half the data not displaying properly.

the og programmer didn't write that shit for you with a certificate of conformity attached; he wrote it for himself and gave it, shit as it was, for free.

stop being a salty bitch and do it better if you're so smart.

I think of us (software people) in general as tool builders and artisans, and as any decent artisan when you're not happy with your tools, you whip your tool box and fix whatever you're unhappy with. G enerally the previous maker made the framework and scaffolding and took a long way in the good direction, what you need to do is add in the small delta that scratches your particular itch. If you feel it's good enough and that your itch might be shared among a sizable chunk of the population you release it, that's what linux and the culture it belongs to is all about.
On another note, if you don't feel home with such culture, the mac people have exactly what you need. Hats off to them when it comes to user experience (seriously).
Finally, don't forget to close the door behind you and don't forget to dilate.

this is what reddit prose looks like. I don't even disagree with what you're saying but you need to go back

Can you red pill me on reddit, how is it in comparison to this pit? (honest to god question, I never been there beyond the few times I needed a torrent, and google found it only there)

shut up nigger

>noo noo im not a redditor

How do you know about their prose?

Funny how that person could encrypt his code against the likes of you with such an easy trick.

Linux GUI?? this is some random gtk app
go use OD

you posted a thumbnail dude

dude, that was awesome, uhauhauha

>Because of these idiots, we can't have a decent GUI in linux

closed software doesnt suffer from this

Attached: 68421632_464965881024875_8774048436841349120_n.jpg (480x492, 17K)