Which language to learn: python or go?

Which language to learn: python or go?

Pic unrelated

Attached: 2df997a.jpg (1152x708, 127K)

Go was made to solve problems Google were having with python so....

For the love of god do not under any circumstances learn Go if you want to avoid brain rot.

I have the severe misfortune of being paid to write Go professionally, and while the money is good as it is a niche language and HR people are too fucking retarded to know that any programmer with a half-decent size of a brain can pick up the language, I still think that it is Java reincarnated and should be avoided like the plague nowadays. It is literally designed for code-monkeys, and make no mistake there are HOARDS of code-monkeys that are moving to learn Go. It is no longer the small cool and quirky language that it was 5 years ago.

Learn Go if you want a gentle introduction to lower-level programming, but get out of it as soon as you graduate beyond it because it will literally rot your brain (I've seen this first-hand among """senior""" Go programmers).

Java. Don't listen to the niggers on here telling you it's pajeet territory. They all moved to Python, JavaScript or Go.

Unironically this.

Attached: samefag.png (866x900, 95K)

No reason to use Python nowadays.

Attached: 1550621343933.webm (720x1280, 1.57M)

Golang is much better than python. Both are quite similar but go is much faster.

go is better than python.

GOD

Just use node me negro amigo

good woman

can be done with Python too

Gentoo.

There is no reason to learn any language other than JavaScript

people really need to stop using bash and Python, you can use Go as a scripting language because Go deletes the binary when you compile with 'go run'. Go is not an easy language to learn but it has huge payoffs once you understand how it works and so you will never have to rely making awful bash or Python scripts no will you ever use shitty unix utilities like sed/awk/grep to process data. and unlike Python Go can really grow well into large, fast stable systems

hahahaha

Sepples

I-Is that his fucking mom?

>Go is not an easy language to learn
it was literally designed for 85 IQ H1Bs, as stated by its creator

hijacking thread briefly to check

fuck off

Python

its still harder to learn than Java, anyone and their dog can learn Java, once you understand classes and inheritance there is nothing more to learn in Java

im looking at chapter two on concurrency with go and it doesnt seem that easy at all.
then again i might be a brainlet.

Im currently making a game with python
learn GO, anything you're going to make with python will be nicer under GO and you can even compile it

yes, GO is a slow compiled language but python is fucking slow as shit, if I wasn't already so cemented into it I would stop myself

Mr babu Nagoor would like to have a need full word sirs

is julia evans a real femoid or is she a tranny? I can't tell. it's either a super ugly femoid or an average tranny

>rot your brain
what happens?

>awful bash
I can make a bash program that does what ever your Go program does in a fraction of a time.

there is no longer any excuse to avoid concurrency with most modern languages supporting real multithreading built into the language without having to use OS processes or sephaphors. the entire IT industry has been avoiding concurrency despite Moores law ending and increasing number of cores in CPU's simply because universities are not training CS students to use concurrency

lol you think they're poaching shit talent from other countries, rather than TOP talent?

no way

the fact that bash scripts are littered with quoting and bracketing to protect against variable expansion, the fact that bash is a typeless language that requires excessive error checking, the fact that you have to embed syntax for external utilities in bash like sed/awk/grep means there is now way you can make any bash script do what Go does in a fraction of the time

There are fast python implementations. If speed is really an issue use one of those (or just write a C extension like a normal person)

not performance just coding it.
Theres probably a command that does what ever your stupid Go tool does, resulting in less time writing code and declaring stupid functions, fighting with compiler errors blablabla.

Python. It is used more in professional settings.

Neither. Learn Nim

It depends on what you want to do

That’s a lot of gums

Attached: CAE4EC86-C2DF-44CD-BA85-96CF40B9AF8F.jpg (400x400, 32K)

PHP

> Twitter username in the pic
Disgusting. Downvoted and unsubscribed

woah, what a despicable example of race mixing. remember: while the chink/nog girl might be hot, your kids will be ugly mutants. don't fuck your kids' lives because of some degenerate fetish of yours

What is this creature?

Javascript.