What is it specifically about AMD's architecture that makes it perform so horrendously badly in games?

What is it specifically about AMD's architecture that makes it perform so horrendously badly in games?

Attached: 1561563554391.png (898x882, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/aizgENxzXc7KWpDDmoZ8gA/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>
When are you gonna stop posting this? We already now you're autistic and retarded, you don't need to keep proofing it to us

I'm literally just curious. I'm sure there's at least one person on this board who can answer me.

Memory latency mostly

Cuz AMD is shit. But mostly probably the fact games were programmed for Intel CPUs for the last 10 years

>Far Cry

Attached: ACO_1080p.png (1374x1516, 71K)

Oh no no no no

Attached: Division_1080p.png (1374x1516, 69K)

>Noo it can't be, they were supposed to perform like garbage!

Attached: TW_1080p.png (1374x1516, 72K)

Why can't intel stop being a pozzed stuttering housefire?

Attached: AC.png (526x505, 12K)

>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: Rage_1080p.png (1405x1517, 78K)

Wow a 2019 processor losing to a 2018 processor? Pathetic. Also
>1080p
Gross
>1080p
What year is it?

Nope, IF bandwidth is likely the bottleneck on most games

Best 1080p gaming CPU in the world bro

Attached: civ VI.png (528x505, 12K)

Why would you spend 500$ to play at 1080p? Not even the console peasants fall for that

>I-It's 10% with an overclock!

Attached: Ohnononononono.png (565x866, 72K)

Wow zen 2 sure would be a disappointment for anyone who already had intel 8th or 9th gen and was expecting something actaully better not equal

Intel fanboy's favorite resolution is 720p

Attached: AMD-Ryzen-9-3900X-and-Ryzen-7-3700X-CPU-Review_Assassins-Creed-Odyssey-713x740.png (713x740, 128K)

You already posted Assassin's Creed. You can't even cherrypick more than two or three games.

Just buy Intel bro, best gaming cpu in the world

Attached: Ryzen-3900X-3700X-review-Rainbow-Six-Siege.png (1800x1200, 85K)

Most Far Cry games maybe

Attached: CSGO.png (1373x1413, 55K)

isn't it just this particular engine that doesn't agree with zen? not sure if I wanna blame that on the arch

Yeah bro gotta buy intel for gaming

Attached: Ryzen-3900X-3700X-review-Hitman-2.png (1800x1200, 79K)

Nothing causes more butthurt among AMDjeets than that chart.

?

>I'm only pretending

If you're legitimately just curious, why do you use the BIGGEST Intel-favored outlier of them all to start your thread?

>horrendously badly
why would I take u seriously?

my computer good your computer bad
cuck incel have sex seething

Why aren't there any AMD outliers?

because intel has market dominance and if software is going to be tailored to one vendor it's going to be intel

there are

Can you post one?

Of course not.

AMD wipes the floor with Intel when it comes to workstation use though. Same price CPU but 20-30% more performance, 5% less performance in games.

Most people will do at least some video editing, game modding, 3d work or whatever. If you are deep into that shit then it's not even a choice.

oh
ok

still waiting bruh

It's called 1440p or 2160p. It's 2019 CPUs aren't the bottleneck, grow up. Both are fine CPUs nowhere in the power they expected for us to have now in the year 2000

Why would you ever use anything from adoredtv and expect me to trust it. That guy said the Ryzen 3 was supposed to be a 6 core. Guess what it is? Not a 6 core. How does anyone even watch that channel after that rumor

Attached: 1551626495376.png (2782x1250, 1.69M)

If you're deep into 3D rendering work the 50$ difference you may save with Zen is completely irrelevant. Price per performance doesn't mean shit when time is money. The only thing that matters in any professional workload is getting it done asap

Lazy developers not making good use of multithreading

Sounds like someone is stuck at 60 fps with his Poozen CPU and is trying to cope to the best of his abilities.

its thread like these that make me wonder if the linux shills are trolling.
i mean who buys a computer with the latest cpu and graphics cards and installs linux in it?

I have Intel fool, I don't wait. I'm just saying only Retards and Chinks buy 300$+ CPUs just to play at 1080p.

>I have Intel fool

Prove it.

Mental illness: The post. archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/aizgENxzXc7KWpDDmoZ8gA/

All dilate, btfo, cope, have sex, seethe, go to church etc aside: how much gaymen performance do intel processors lose once you FULLY enable ALL 30+ bios/windows security mitigations AND disable hyperthreading for the most basic security possible?

AFAIK SSD performance LITERALLY gets katana'd in half from v1 spectre and v1 meltdown security mitigations ALONE.

Attached: meltdown_crystal_disk_mark_6_4k_read_q32_t1_broadwell_xps13_corei5-100747467-large.jpg (700x421, 33K)

Nothing. A lot about it show it to be a rather great architecture. But the problem is that it's totally new and no engines have been optimized for it yet. Probably not going to see Navi really shine for a good 2 years or so.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The only reason to buy an expensive CPU for gaming is to maximize framerate. If you're going to run games at 4k, you might as well buy a cheaper CPU.
t. threadripper user

die mass reply scum

You have no idea how happy it makes me that you're so asshurt by Ryzen that you've been spamming this chart for weeks. Rent free, bitch.

Attached: comfy.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

Lol you don't know shit. I agree it's fucked and I'll probably never buy another Intel CPU again. But if you were smart you would've sold your 8700k and got the hyperthreading free 9700k like me. Hopefully Zen 3 is actaully significantly better. I've had pretty much the same gaming performance since the 6700k, maybe the 4790k. But in reality you gotta be a little bitch to be scared of some virgin hacker attacking your computer. No your greatest risk is all the personal information you willing hand over to corporations who give fuck all about your data. They should be held liable for the losses by the creditors. The only people who get hit are those who paint a target on themselves

Attached: 1559909072411.jpg (576x384, 9K)

>he can't 4K 120hz

I reposted it from someone else. I'm literally just curious to know why Ryzen is such garbage.

> I've had pretty much the same gaming performance since the 6700k, maybe the 4790k.

Have you tried... You know, buy a better gpu?

Latencies to DRAM and cache.
Ringbus is still faster, sometimes significantly so. In fact, Zen 2 in some ways is a regression from Zen+ in terms of latencies. It still does better all things considered, but it's not Intel good.

Attached: lat3900linear.png (676x719, 51K)

For comparison

Attached: lat9900linear.png (676x719, 45K)

Yes. GPU Upgrades dictate better monitor, which dictates higher resolution. Unless you're playing CSGO at 1080p the difference between an intel 4 core i7 at 5ghz will and an 8 core i7 at 5ghz will be pretty close

Look all that I'm saying is we are now practically FORCED to circlekerk about intel getting 5-10% higher FPS than zen 2 and NOBODY even mentions the straight up FACT that not ALL 30+ security mitigations are FULLY enabled on the intel systems being tested in these benchmarks.

Don't you ever get tired of jerking off the intel cock? Every fucking day we have to post these same generic intel propaganda cherry picked benchmarks that probably don't even have v1 spectre and v1 meltdown security mitigations enabled let alone ALL 30+ bios/windows security mitigations for things like MDS/zombieload/LIDL, etc.

Attached: baka.jpg (1920x2159, 256K)

>72336557
What a low quality post
All mass reply tards should just die

I'm trying to make a point here lad, were ALL COLLECTIVELY SLAVES to this daily ritual of intel circlejerking. Doesn't it get old for you?

Look bro we get it, you got punked, you bought an AMD and now you have buyer's remorse. We've all been there, all of us bought AMD at some point thinking we'd get the same performance for cheaper.

There's no need to talk shit, just admit that you got punked and move on. It will better not just for you but for everyone else.

He most likely has buyer's remorse after being fooled into the intel meme. Only mentally ill rabid fanboys buy intel these days so he shitposts as hard as he can to cope.

Attached: 1559056252058.jpg (1510x1593, 662K)

Why are you quoting me you autistic mongrel

>not ALL 30+ security mitigations are FULLY enabled
Speculative critique.
Real tests show real results. I've yet to see numbers showing latencies on Intel CPUs suddenly deteriorate to AMD levels. That's with Spectre and Meltdown patched.
Guesswork and handwaving shows nothing.

So you're going to jerk off intel until the end of time? What keeps you going?

Attached: D6lu5HRW0AAVIEZ.jpg (1200x900, 109K)

And what's your point?
Latency isn't a real world workload. Performance on every program, including games, can degrade even if latency stays the same

>Latency isn't a real world workload.
Poor access to the various memories (relative to Intel) is the primary reason Zen 2 cores aren't as performant in games compared to the endless Skylake refreshes. It's not really clockspeed or optimization anymore. It's latency.

Then WHY does it do so well in CS:GO? If what you said held ANY merit the minimums compared to intel in pic related would be like 20% lower due to higher latencies.

BUT they aren't. Why might that be?

Attached: CSGO.png (1018x562, 302K)

Imagine being the single most rabid intel fanboy on a mongolian imageboard defending your shit company and their shit products. The most pathetic and depressing thing I've ever seen. And he's trying so hard kek.

Attached: 1562530015828.png (632x590, 67K)

It's possible you'd find a few games that run as well or better with Zen 2. It's not the majority. Where it's not, it's due to latency

Which ones? With PBO + autoOC a 3900X is only 5% slower than an i9-9900K with ALL cores locked and forced to run at 5.0 GHz. Corresponding minimums are 5-10% lower than intels on average not 20%.

Attached: OC.png (1063x1950, 288K)

Can you post even one benchmark where AMD wins?

Just one.

How do you explain those games?

Attached: 1565906830074.png (1063x1950, 298K)

>Which ones?
Uh, you just posted a picture showing them.
Other outlets came to the same sorts of conclusions.
>Corresponding minimums are 5-10% lower than intels on average not 20%.
I never said it was 20% slower. You claimed I did.
You might be feeling feverish. I recommend putting down the mouse, maybe going for a walk.

Did you intentionally install the mitigations? I didn't and I haven't noticed any slow down and Intel in their zoinist wisdom would definitely make it easy to avoid the patches because they don't want to lose mindshare. Are you actually scared of hackers backdooring and reading what's in your ram? They'd be more efficient in just finding your address and stealing all your shit from your house instead.

Attached: 1556779215788.jpg (879x869, 94K)

>I actually liked my Ryzen 5 2600
>it almost matches 4th gen intel!

>I care about watts
You're not spending 400$ on a CPU then Rajeed

Enjoy sleeping and shitting on the streets after your house burns down. Who am I kidding, you're probably used to it.