Your OS

>your OS
>number of days since your OS broke down and/or became unstable

Attached: ketchup-pour.jpg (822x552, 68K)

Debian Unstable
-Infinity

>windows 10

windows never breaks

Fedora
Literally just werks you guys

If you updated windows in the last 2 days you can now move the mouse cursor with the arrow keys by default.

Debian Testing
literally not once.
i have two machines.
my gaming machine:
windows 10
3. i have to wipe and reinstall every few days.

xubuntu LTS xfce master overlord club
never ever cause xubuntu LTS xfce masters of gnu/linux club

elementary darker icons + plank icon just works on my machine

Why the fuck do they still sell ketchup in glass bottles
It's fucking retarded

Windows 7
Havent had issue since installed 10 years ago

They do? In my country we switched to the squishy nipple ones decades ago.

What is "unstable"

Attached: 480px-Slackware_logo.svg.png (480x480, 97K)

Windows 7 Pro SP1
Ryzen
just werks

>he wants estrogen plastic in his ketchup

something most loonix fags know all about and deal with daily

Ubuntu
Years

Imagine being this retarded

macOS and it's never given me an issue. Moved from Windows 10 which required a fresh install every 3 months.

Windows 7 required fresh install every 6 months.

The Linux variants I tried weren't my thing so I went away from them. Doubt they would give issues unless you intentionally messed with the system.

-Windows 10 LTSC (+ stripped down more)
-I can bet my life that it will not ever crash ever when I'm using it for work , surfing the net and some light gaming

this

Picked up a MacBook the other day. What do you recommend I install and how do I manage the OS?

Windows 10. I god damn hate it but at least it works

Windows 10 ltsb 2016
Not even a BSOD all these years, meanwhile some of my VMs had to be rebuilt from scratch or rolled to a previous snapshot because of a random linux update.
I still like linux tho.

>Implying estrogen is even as strong as testosterone.
nigga your body would crush a little bit of estrogen with such ease.
It's not like you're on anti androgens to even make estrogen have any effect in your body.

Windows 7
It shit out on me today after an update. Guess I was the dumbass who thought windows updates were necessary.

>arch linux
>4 months, i think?
a lightdm update broke startup, but i've replaced it with gdm anyway in the meantime

the irony

Attached: linux-average-fail.png (413x400, 20K)

win 10

have this PC since 2 years now, never had a problem

>Debian stable
Literally never had any issues

It seems never ending. I fall for the rm -rf / meme at least twice a week.

>win 10
>absolutely never
keep crying about how shit it is while i continue enjoying stability, tryhards

Attached: 233727a31b5c8667a43fcdcbb4f05efc8.jpg (500x282, 36K)

Laptop 1: Windows 10 - 275 days since purchase, no problems.
Laptop 2: MacOS - 5 years, Ubuntu - 2 years, no problems.
Server 1: Ubuntu Server - 6 years, no problems.
Server 2: MacOS Server - 10 years, no problems.

My old desktop, though, Windows 7 broke twice I think?

Arch
∞ (onlike popular belief, Arch never breaks)

Gentoo
N/A

Arch
Just broke two days ago when I pacman -Syu'd. LXDM broke and tty1 would freeze. I uninstalled LXDM from tty2 and decided to continue without a DM for some time. As it turns out the update also seems to have broken wpa_supplicant which I can't seem to fix for the life of me. I have tried everything but uninstalling wpa_supplicant. Very close to swapping to Debian. Is distro hopping difficult?

Arch
Issue free since it was installed 16 months ago. Stable desktop distros are a meme made by lazy repo maintainers.

>windows 10 LTSC 1809
>never
obviously windows 10 beta-tester edition is for idiots but stick with LTSC, which just receives security updates and you're totally fine for the next 9 years.

this. Every human being on the planet produces estrogen to some degree, with women obviously making much more of it than men. But men produce estrogen just as women produce testosterone. That's why you can have my wife's son basedboy and old granny bertha the national weightlifting champion.
Unforunately, it seems that produces too much estrogen and blames it on ketchup bottles as a cope.
Embarrasing.

This is literally an error caused by windows not properly shutting down.

I finally switched distros from Arch because it's stability was becoming boring.
ArchWiki was too damn easy. I need forum searches and trial and error to keep my brain active.
And that damn AUR. Ezpz pkgbuilds were beginning to degrade my compile-from-source skills.

I really really really hope this is bait

>>your OS
MacOS on a hackintosh.
>>number of days since your OS broke down and/or became unstable
About a month ago when I first installed it and was still tinkering with shit.

Attached: fye9ufva74501.jpg (720x778, 38K)

Debian: never
MacOS: never

Manjaro
Don't remember, probably last year

Attached: 67945812.jpg (960x959, 61K)

A little thing I like to call sarcasm.

arch breaks a lot

I guess I've been lucky then

Attached: ARCH_LINUX.jpg (2480x3508, 393K)

Works on my machine.
I'm pretty convinced at this point that anyone bitching about arch's instability fucked it up on their own and was too stupid or lazy to figure it out. Its much easier to blame the distro and just hop to a new one, and that way you don't risk accidentally learning from your mistakes.

debian
has literally never crashed in the time i've used it as my daily driver

sorry archfags...
>x86

what the fuck were you doing that required a fresh install every six months

Windows: Last failure was 2008 on Vista
Fedora: Never
MacOS: Never

> Arch Linux
Never since I finished setting it up

>Linux tells you exactly how to fix the problem Windows caused
>still gets mad

Attached: image:184796.jpg (710x750, 68K)

Bullshit. I did and it's not moving.

win10
infinity
last time my OS 'broke down' (because of me downloading and installing dumb shit mostly) was windows 98

Attached: 1564934972249.jpg (800x899, 191K)

it's slackware tho

Gentoo
Still working two years later.

Manjaro bpswm version

Some fonts broke a month ago on rofi

Windows 10, unironically never broke
I still hate it though

Windows 10
2 days

>freetards will defend this formatting

Arch
No issues since I replaced my nvidia card with an amd one,

Win 10
Zero
What a piece of shit, this crappy asrock motherboard probably doesnt help.

on nixos since 2009 and never had it break

Fedora
Zero
see, the firewall wouldn't work with GSConnect (KDEconnect for gnome shell) unless kde-connect was selected in the firewall, which wouldn't show up unless kdeconnectd was installed, and if kdeconnectd was installed and running (as it does) GSConnect wouldn't work
it needed the firewall "service" enabled for it to work, but the service didn't exist unless the program was installed, which messed up the other program.

Also when I was updating with dnf in a GNOME wayland session, a couple times it slowed to a crawl for 10 seconds while it finished whatever dnf was doing. don't know if it was updating some wayland component or what, but it happened twice.

Had to hard reset because a game on Wayland opened to the wrong monitor, and when I tried switching it to Windowed mode it froze with no way of recovery (no ability to switch to a TTY) besides probably that weird sysrq thing so I just reset it

Whatever the fedora firewall fuckery was the last straw and i nuked the install and installed openSUSE Tumbleweed, where the firewall config was literally a couple of a commands and then one to restart the firewall daemon.

Windows 10. Two weeks since I had to fresh install because it took 30 minutes to boot up. Fourth time I've had to.

Attached: rcanyz8rtb731.png (1080x1032, 1.2M)

this is formatting that respects your freedoms, user.

Gentoo, it hasnt

MacOS, can't crash because I'm not able to do much to it. But I guess that sense of safety is warm and comfy

Not him, but install homebrew.

Windows 10 EDU
>Has never broken because I am not a complete ediot

Attached: dreamified_1240 - mBNAZfT.jpg (800x721, 179K)

It's a feature

Arch
It's been so long that I can't remember

Arch

Never broke of its own accord (5-6+ years in), but I migrated disks recently and forgot to migrate /var so I lost my pacman database. Still, it kept running just fine.

Mac OS is not limiting at all. You can do anything you would on any other Unix OS.

what did they mean by this?
it comes up when you first log in on a fresh install

Attached: System_Program_Problem_Detected.png (423x145, 4K)

Windows 10, yesterday
Apparently it still couldn't handle some freezes or not respondings from fullscreen games. Was running obs capturing newhu fullscreen then I alt-tab it and then it happened. Tried to end task it but it insisted to stay running.

mac os
hasn't broken yet after 5 years
windows 10
3 years since last bsod

>Gentoo
>22 hours
I love it.

Windows 10
Fuck if I know. Do these things happen to you freetards so often that you keep track of them?

Win 10 Pro
At least two years.

Attached: lainlol.gif (700x704, 295K)

>Void
>N/A it's been fine since initial boot

Imagine being this delusional

Attached: 836B88FD533F41B287EB877C4D08943A.png (600x450, 391K)

Laptop
>Manjaro
>installed 8 months ago
>never broken down once apart from yay failing to build from AUR with two packages

Desktop
>Windows 10
>installed 6 months ago
>fully working since day one

I seem to be one of the lucky ones who never get sudden catastrophic failures apart from when it is clearly my own fault. (I don't count updating packages my own fault. Fucking with configs and system files is).

>Windows 10
>Xubuntu 18.04 LTS

Never

>Windows XP
>zero since 2005

>Windows 10
>Actually broke yesterday but it's an old laptop so I'll give it a pass, just installed Xubuntu

Unstable means that any updates risk changing the functionality of your system.

Windows 10 is unstable, updates changes the functionality all the time.

Windows 7 like this guy: or this guy is on the other hand stable because they don't add functionality to it. Oh... I guess Windows 7 might not be stable after all Windows 10 ltsc
is stable though. It is basically the stable version of Windows 10. If Windows 10 was a Linux then the regular version would be Windows 10 Testing/Unstable and Windows 10 Ltsc would be Windows 10 stable.

>just use this version intended for embedded systems that doesn't get security updates and it won't break
lol

nixos
never, been going ~ 5 months

Attached: bigdick.png (3840x665, 95K)

iOS 9
Springboard crashed this morning, probably because of my buggy-as-shit wallpaper changer. Happens maybe once or twice a week. Don't really case, just have to hit the reboot springboard button.

KEK, install NixOS (or guixSD).

>windows 7 home premium
>about a month ago, had a random BSOD out of nowhere
I'm still puzzled, I formatted back in April and outside of that, I haven't had any problems

Lubuntu/Windows 7 since AMD came out with bulldozer with zero problems. I added 10 to the mix a few months after it came out and sane as the above.

Windows XP. Been on the same installation since spring last year.

Arch. Hadn't broken yet.

Gentoo.
Hasn't broken down in any way that isn't
1) directly caused by me tinkering around with something, fully aware that something might break
2) fixable in 5 minutes

Windows 10
I was on 1709 forever as it wouldn't update to 1803. Rollback was always successful, it didn't keep bugging me with it, and 1709 ran great so I didn't really care. Eventually ran the update tool.

But since "an update that doesn't go through automatically" isn't a breakdown in the core functionality of the OS, it's merely not automatically getting the next version, Windows 10 has been solid for me since its release.

I'm sick of LTSC shills