How is this possible

>See PC deal at Costco
>notbad.jpg
>For the specs you're getting, the deal is really good.
>i7 9700
>16 GB Ram
>GTX 1660 Ti
>1 TB HDD and 240 GB SSD
>$1,200 and two year warranty if it fucks up
>see how price/secs compare on pcpartpicker
>Over $200 more expensive MINIMUM

pcpartpicker.com/list/gvX3fH

How is this possible, and why on earth should I build if it's not worth it?

Attached: explainyourself.png (1532x813, 425K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/193738/intel-core-i7-9700f-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-70-ghz.html
newegg.com/intel-core-i7-9th-gen-core-i7-9700f/p/N82E16819118058
walmart.com/ip/OVERPOWERED-Gaming-Desktop-DTW1-2-Year-Warranty-Intel-i7-8700-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1070-256GB-SSD-2TB-HDD-16GB-Dual-Channel-RAM-Windows-10/621888364
youtube.com/watch?v=RM-mgyPaGoA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not really. Bottom scrapping mobo and non K processor makes this no better than a $500 Dell prebuilt or whatever you find at Walmart. And a 1660ti is retarded considering you can get a 2070 for $350-400

Non K and $60 tier mobo bud. knock $400 off your estimate

What the fuck is a i7 9700F. No really, I can't find anything about it.
How do you know it's a $60 Mobo?

>i7 9700F
fucking internet newfags
ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/193738/intel-core-i7-9700f-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-70-ghz.html

you can see reviews of that specific build

newegg.com/intel-core-i7-9th-gen-core-i7-9700f/p/N82E16819118058

Attached: (you).png (616x480, 196K)

>three hundred and fifty fucking dollars for a 3.0GHz (!) 8 core locked CPU
you have got to be fucking kidding me

Alright, I fixed the pcparts link, but it only affected the price by $50

The difference in price between i7 9700K and i79700F is only $50 :^)

Attached: 26.jpg (578x818, 191K)

/thread

>pretending that parts list even comes close to representing what's in that prebuilt
fuck off retard

>user only now realizes that he cannot get hardware at lower prices vs companies who buy in bulk

>16GB MEMORY

Attached: 1548046968832.jpg (1770x646, 287K)

a 1660? 1200 bucks? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Despite Jow Forums's laughter I think this is a good deal and would probably go for it

Because it’s a piece of shit prebuilt nimbnuts. It’s sure as fuck not an ASUS Stryx Einstein

In other words, you don't know

The non K processor doesn't matter. The only difference is that the processor doesn't have integrated graphics capabilities, which doesn't matter since the computer will have a dedicated GPU. Also, I don't want or need a 2070. 1660ti will run things how I want them just fine.

Attached: 823f476f713283f81ed1ce8d7232525f.jpg (747x960, 64K)

>incel corelets cite "muh 5 Ghz" as a selling point
>dismiss the only selling point an incel processor has because they wanna shill prebuilts

nigga rly?

The power supply is probably made of chinesium and cardboard. The mobo too.
No one is supposed to keep up with incel's marketing cuckoldry, even if you do.

I can build a better one for the same price.

Dell Outlet.

I didn't even check to see if there were any coupons.

Attached: Capture.png (280x845, 54K)

There is. 14% off.

Outlet Discount + Extra 14% Off
Extra 14% off any Dell Outlet Home laptop, desktop, monitor or dock priced $750 and up with coupon.

>considering you can get a 2070 for $350-400
Where?

Just build your own Ferrari dude! It'll be faster AND cheaper I promise. :^)

RTX 2060 with SSD.

Attached: Capture.png (268x872, 56K)

$1032 after coupon.

>Quads of shopping
Well, I didn't really want a used desktop but this is a phenomenal deal.

Attached: 14653579ba89d32a80d8895e7f06584e.jpg (474x663, 46K)

>tfw fell for the build computer meme
>think about upgrading later
>realize I need to upgrade my shitty Asrock Z77 pro3 which will cost just as much as the poorfag ryzen 5 3600 I want to upgrade too

I'm going to use this I5-2500K until I die. If it bottlenecks I'll just overclock it more and put a bowl of ice on my computer or some shit.

Dell Outlet can be pretty good.
But they only have what they have and it's first come first serve so it can be hit or miss whether they have anything in the range you're looking for. But when they do and there's a decent coupon they're really hard to beat.

>Scratch and Dent
Is this different from refurbished? Is this used, or new and someone just fucking dropped it?

I haven't had enough experience for there to be any statistical confidence to it, but I've never seen a scratch and dent that had a scratch or a dent, so IDK.
My guess is they're all returns. I figure if Dell dropped a case while building they'd just replace it.

CPU is like $250, GPU like $300. Rest is near worthless now. It'll be 2400mhz ddr4 ($60) and 240gb SSD is like a $30 thing now.

>i7
>All the spectre variants unpatched
Ooof

>non-k

Also where did you learn that it uses that expensive motherboard? You also picked a top tier consumer NVME drive with a larger capacity instead of the smaller drive in the iBuyPower.

wait for b550

>no SSD
>no mention of mobo or PSU

It's honestly not worth it. Even if you ignore all the shit that comes with having a garbage motherboard or power supply, not having an SSD means the computer will always feel like like its from 5-10 years ago.

Also, since its UDIMM and not DIMM, the only way to properly upgrade your RAM down the line is to replace both units; which you'll probably want to do anyways since 2666Mhz ram isnt very fast and prebuilts arent known for using good cards.

Prebuilts tend to always skimp on the mobo, power supply, case, or just about anything they can get away with not explicitly stating on the specs page.

walmart.com/ip/OVERPOWERED-Gaming-Desktop-DTW1-2-Year-Warranty-Intel-i7-8700-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1070-256GB-SSD-2TB-HDD-16GB-Dual-Channel-RAM-Windows-10/621888364

That's a gtx 1070 build for $699. Enjoy your USB 2.0 and Kawasaki PSU

probably a garbage mobo, non-k processor, cheap OEM RAM running at 2666 or 2400 and an OEM 1660Ti, right at the edge of working PSU, and partner deals cheapen Windows 10 and some parts significantly. also don't you need to pay a costco membership to get this machine? it isn't a bad deal for a prebuilt though but it's still cheaper to build your own IF the parts have low-no shipping.

they use great wall PSUs which is one of the OEMs for Corsair

PSU is likely a ticking time bomb

>phenomenal deal
It really isn't, though. CPU and GPU are worth maybe $650. The rest of the components are going to be bottom of the barrel trash. Not to mention it having a virtually non-existent upgrade path. It might save you a couple of bucks today, but I'd wager it's going to end up costing you more in the end.

Not to mention the case has almost 0 airflow

Dell learned the hard way not to skimp on PSUs. Theirs are solid.

1) PSU is shit
2) Mobo is shit
3) CPU Cooler/case fans are shit
4) Case itself is probably shitty

400$ or less i can coreboot a compatible motherboard and rig with 32 gigs and a couple of radeons, and enjoy my gaymes
walmart fags will never understand

You're better off buying a bunch of known-good manufacturer refurbished parts and building it yourself for cheap than buying a prebuilt full of mystery parts of dubious quality.

Attached: 1_machine_1.jpg (899x600, 196K)

They use pictures that are purposefully hard to examine for no reason other than to make it difficult to figure out what's inside.

Looking closely, it seems like the GPU is a 1 or 2 fan card and worst of all, the CPU cooler looks like some low-profile garbage akin to the intel stock cooler; which actually isnt a big deal in that build given the gimped TDP of the cpu, but it also means that if you ever decide to upgrade, you're going to need to buy a new cooler.

Non k CPU
Probably low(shit) tier motherboard
Probably low(shit) tier psu
Probably high CAS RAM

youtube.com/watch?v=RM-mgyPaGoA

>That sub-30A 500W piece of shit PSU
>That shitty motherboard
>That everything