Why did you get into tech Jow Forums? was it worth it?

why did you get into tech Jow Forums? was it worth it?

Attached: ferisu.jpg (500x345, 106K)

I like games and recording music. Two birds, one expensive stone.

ᴴᵒʷ ᵈᵒ ᴵ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵗᵉᶜʰˀ

Attached: 1392454565792.jpg (640x480, 16K)

Oh, forgot to answer "was it worth it?" Yes and no. Truth be told the physical manifestation is always superior to the digital (playing board games or sports is more fun than vidya, playing in a band is more rewarding than recording in a DAW) but far less convenient and usually requires other people. So yes, it's worth it when I don't have better options.

At first I was trying to make youtube videos using blender

then I got into blender and tried making models and effects to use the in video editor

and then I realized that I want to make something like blender, because code is powerful

so I picked up java because that's what everyone said to do

and then I made a keylogger using a C library that hooks on

and then I tried making an online game

and so I learned html/css/js for the front end

and then I made that game a bunch of times. making it better each time

and then I got a job through nepotism

and then they taught me how to use node js, they let me build things which made me really good at html/css/js, they taught me how to use git, and so much more

and now I'm focusing on node stuff.

Was it worth it? I enjoyed every step of the process. I would say it's worth it :)

My big brother build a PC once in 2008 and then he could play graphically impressive games for that time.
Then there was my other brother that could programm atmel chips back then and it was the most impressive thing I've witnessed at that time.

After the military I wanted to study engineering. I was great at all the introductory coding stuff and bad at the chemistry so I switched to CS.
I got really into my data structures class and gradually stopped talking to people outside of the STEM fields. GF is CS too and we're super happy together. In our apartment we have about 10k worth of PCs, raspberry pi's, and a small server.
Was it worth it?
I got out of a terrible family home, beat alcoholism, and landed a TRAD GF. So year, it was worth it.

Attached: mycsdegree.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

I grew up being a loner. When I got older I became a NEET. Computers attract these types of people naturally so getting involved with technology was the next step. I wanted to do game development but hated the people I was around, people like me. It was too immature, toxic, and boring. Waste time developing for a chance to make a bit of money back. Then Steam started accepting all games. It became flooded with pure garbage. Just gave up and quit. Not worth it. I stopped playing video games and started over.

Went to Apple devices exclusively. Stopped being a NEET. Still did some programming because I had no other talents or interests from frying my brain on video games, but I did web development and things like that. Simple but makes money. I do other things too but I'm currently focusing on molding my vision for my life. What I want to learn, do, and all that because I have no clue.

Eh, it could have been much worse, but I'm trying to make the best of it from my fuck up.

Based

yes

>why did you get into tech ?
because one day i decided that i want to hack stuff, so i went and picked up cybsec at uni
>was it worth it?
yes, it's really fun

Attached: 1556760487916.png (838x1000, 1.06M)

started an undergrad degree in physics thinking that i'd become the next great theoretical physicist. quickly realised that most of the interesting stuff is done through computers. i ended up switching over to computational physics and now i just spend all day doing math and writing code.
worth it? yeah, of course. ever since i learned scheme i pretend i'm a wizard when i program. i have a little wizard hat that i put on when i'm in the office when all the other grad students have gone home. once a very distinguished professor happened to look into the room whilst i was wearing the hat and asked me why i had a wizard hat on; he seemed to totally understand when i explained that programming is really our world's equivalent of magic and that i was just playing the part

> Why did you get into tech

> I like playing video games and I want to make my own someday.
> It's a "science" with no real science involved. So I can do stuff involving logic without having to adhere to rigorous scientific method.
> You can make a lot of money
> I like having the knowledge to tweak stuff on my own devices
> And...
> What the hell else was I gonna do with my life

> Was it worth it?

> IDK yet, I'm still in college, haven't gotten a job yet, and haven't made a video game yet

I wanted to design world-beating algorithms that will push the company I work for to the pinnacle of their field.

Please be sexbots

ah yes, I do love being challenged in a scrum agile fast paced environment where my contributions further the company's goals of replacing and undermining me in every way.

I get to work with bleeding edge technology stacks. Designing extremely complex and valuable proprietary algorithms. I'd say my work is pretty cool.

i wanted to make my desktop look cool like the ones in the desktop thread
yes it's pretty fun as a hobby

I thought I could just sit in front of a computer and comfortably do my job.

It was not worth it at all, I have constant meetings, have to give consultations and workshops, and even participate in the company politics and drama.

I don't work in tech but I would like to. Obviously its not going to be the same enjoyment as hobbyist tinkering, but I think it will be much better than soul destroying building management.

Does " getting into tech" means getting a tech job?

Attached: 1563918536778.gif (250x194, 47K)

Because Jow Forums said so.

It pays a lot

It's worth it but not if CS

Mainly because it was cheaper to put one together myself than buying pre-built junk.

Build a Jow Forums-tier automated farm

I got into tech because I dislike dealing with Indian people. I think I fucked up.

I would have never chosen to be into technology yet here i am

So does your dad.

>was it worth it?
No but being a technology illiterate in this time and age is bad news.

Attached: 1520778171121.jpg (754x1158, 103K)

I'm with one leg in and the other one out. Always ready to just leave to a job that pays equally good.

I loved playing gayms on my 'puter

I liked computer games and wanted to make my own.

tech since early age. had HP-41C programmable calculator, math lab permission in high school to use mainframe for school district before class, afterschool, and during lunch. My dad programmed, I had an uncle that worked as a programmer for IBM. Had another uncle that programmed the software that controlled the nose landing gear for the first NASA Space Shuttle. I've had computers around me my whole life.

pic related is the very first thing I ever programmed on.

Attached: Decwriter.jpg (1280x960, 170K)

unironically? have sex

nice

Idk, it just kinda happened, and now I feel like

Strange, I was expecting this thread to be full of "hurr durr woe is me"-tier responses. Instead, I'm pleasantly surprised to see many people here are happy with their decision.
As for me, I got interested in technology unironically because of video games.: whether they want to admit it or not, it's true for at least 90% of Jow Forums as well.
It has upsides and downsides, but overall, my experience was definitely positive overall.

>Reddit spacing
>:)
>Node nigger
Damn, that's much onions

"Dad, why is the computer not working?"
"lol, dunno, I'll try fixing it"
>never got fixed.

Fell for the stem meme. Went into it with an epic mind-set so yeah there was some damage.
Once I got over how completly mediocre it is, it wasn't so bad. Things either work or they don't and such a black and white world suits my autism perfectly.

at least he's happy, unlike you

I was born in 1993. How could I not "get into" it? It's literally everywhere now.

Why are you referring to yourself as "he"? Besides, I am happy being a toxic NEET cunt who dislikes anything modern and I will continue being this way because it's comfy.

Cute anime pictures like this

The pacing on this shit manga is so slow.