>check the manual
>install it correctly
>mobo led is red now
>someone tell me that my mobo bios is outdated for my cpu
>spend another 25$ on a bios update
>install everything agin
>led is still red
I'm seriously considering suicide over this

Attached: 7r6hwixupt511.jpg (633x758, 31K)

If you are poor maybe stop spending money on crap you cant afford

You probably bended the pins on the socket ( I assume intel CPU) when you installed the CPU backward.

Also
>25$ for a bios update
Why ? And how ?

Probably damaged the cpu and motherboard. Just return them as faulty and get replacements.

sorry, not 25$
it was about 15 I'm just shit at converting currency

How could you possibly install it backwards? It's literally made so it can only go in one way, at a specific orientation

idk, never used amd cpus before
>How could you
i'm a fucking retard

Is it posting? Like are you getting an error code?

Don't kill yourself over PC parts. You saved once and you can do it again. Suicide is for fags.

fans are spinning but the screen is black, no post

wow, when you fail at less complex lego it's maybe time for sudoku

No, fuck the screen, look on your actual motherboard. Is there something like pic related that shows a number or some letters or some shit? That's your hint at what's going wrong.

Attached: 1544998054065.jpg (1280x960, 149K)

Attached: 1553645094021.png (191x239, 50K)

this is what happens when u dont RTFM

mobo led is red, according to the manual it's the cpu
I actually damaged it lol

Well then the solution is easy: If you ordered it somewhere, fuck the box up a little and say you got it that way. Claim it was a shipping fuckup. If you can try to do the same to the motherboard box and get that replaced too.

Honestly, big companies are usually more than happy to send you new shit and won't bat an eye at some parts breaking in transit.

user it's ok if you paid anything for a bios update your PC proabbly is made out of jungle leaves and jollybee cups.

I'm confused: how did you PAY for a bios update? They're literally free with every motherboard on the planet.

that won't work here

Well why not? Did you buy it in-store? That shit should still work, just claim you got a defect.

Check to see if you installed the reset button header backwards. I did that once and it gave me the same issue.

How do you update the bios if you fucked up the socket pins?
I'm guessing you've been robbed of 15 bucks senpai

you're a failure in life and a complete retard

Can we all agree that there is this sinking feeling you get when you've done hardware replacements and your system won't boot?

I experienced this once about 6 years ago and Jow Forums actually helped me out a lot. Some user suggested taking out 2 screws of the motherboard and I did and it totally worked. If you're reading this user, you are still my hero.

because they are not retarded, I mean they'll find leftover theremal paste somewhere because I applied it like an imbecile
also I didn't notice any bent pins but I'm pretty sure they'll find them
whatever, mods just remove this thread

>socket pins
>AMD
learn to read nigga

well is the correct place to post for troubleshooting, not Jow Forums

People who work in retail are hardly the most staggeringly clever people. Just say you applied the paste first because you're a dumbass (being a dumbass doesn't void your warranty in this case), and then tell them you noticed that the pins were fucked before you put it on.

99% of all business would rather keep a customer than investigate that shit and it's not like you have a fucking thing to lose by trying. I've gotten away with WAY sketchier shit than that and gotten a replacement with a smile. Just act like a prick and feign complete ignorance as to why this ever happened in the first place.

>bios update
>spend
????

You still cannot install those backwards. What the fuck did you do? Hit it with a hammer?
Also
>paying for a bios update
I feel like this thread is bait

someone convienced me that my pc is not booting up because my bios is outdated for my cpu (ryzen 5 3600)
they told me I'll need an older cpu to do it but since I don't have that I had to pay for someone to do it
I'm removing myself from existence now bye

just buy a laptop mate
you are too stupid for this game
there are planty of gaming laptops to pick from
even cheaper ones are good enough for anything

They literally don't go in backwards, computerbro...

I remember that fearful feel only to find the PSU switch off.

this

You fell for AMD meme. Their shitty stock paste is so adhesive it bonds cooler with the heatsink and you're supposed to run CPU under load for a long ass time until the paste dries. Too bad AMD never mentions that and with their new shitty Zen CPUs running at 70 degrees and 1.5V at idle lots of idiots think they've mounted the cooler incorrectly and end up destroying their CPU/mobos and voiding their warranty. Remember, fuck AMD no matter how good their products are.

Works fine in my machine.

this

At least youll find a job now

Under no circumstance should you be paying for a BIOS update.

>be a poorfag
i wonder why you're poor user

holy shit how much of a sperg do you have to be to incorrectly install a cpu cooler

Have you tried turning it off and on?

don't do it

>>>spend another 25$ on a bios update

what is this about

This. But on a lighter note, research more and proceed more carefully in the future.

What the fuck do you mean that won't work? Didn't you buy it on Amazon? They will do literally anything to keep you happy. Just make som shit up about defective parts.

geek squad needs to make money too

Also, it's not as if you have anything to lose. You already broke the parts. No reason not to try and get them replaced under warranty by lying.

There's only two options regarding OP. Either the poster is a retard or this is bait. It's a dead giveaway because he said he's poor. I'm poor too, live in a third world country with lots of taxes where it's pretty hard to get pc components. That's exactly when you're the most careful, and I'm not a genius that suddenly realised this, I'm even pretty bad at assembling my 11 working neurons to concentrate to read anything, so there's no excuse here.

Seriously OP, just fucking lie. You don’t have to tell them you fucked up. Just say they’re not working, play ignorant, tell them they must have been faulty when you bought them and demand replacements or your money back. Easy.

>If you are poor maybe stop spending money on crap you need

Attached: tuxbrainlet.png (594x720, 95K)

I have a red LED on my mobo to indicate it has power. Are you sure it's a failure light?

I once did a new build for a family member that wouldnt start and it turned out to be a bad wall plug. Shitting my pants for like 30 minutes.

Should have just bought a refurbished Optiplex.
/pcbg/ considered harmful.

>install cpu backwards
Nigga, there's an arrow that indicates what corner it should go and you think common sense would tell you to connect the pins side.
>spend another $15 on a bios update
wtf is this a thing? I wasn't aware of this. ik that some Ryzen mobos aren't compatible with Zen 2 without a bios update. So you just go to a Microcenter, or other store, and they update the bios for a fee?