BASED Anno
blender.org/user-stories/japanese-anime-studio-khara-moving-to-blender/

Attached: khara_01.jpg (1024x606, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kZsboyfs-L4
docs.krita.org/en/user_manual/animation.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So this is the power of free software

When free software is done right and doesn’t pander to some autist’s lack of sensibilities

>Khara switching to Blender
>Ghibli open sourced Toonz and the community is porting it to Linux
>Krita winning over converts from Photoshop on raw merit
>Linux was always better for render farms
>Renoise and Reaper natively available
There's a full Linux based Anime production toolchain now.

turns out that when you're on a shoestring budget, free stuff is nice

japs are slow learners and for some reason they always like proprietary stuff. 3D is becoming huge in Japan and now am otaku salary man can make 3DCG for cheap with a shitty PC in his home.

this.

>Gimp, and gnushit not listed
Coincidence?

when there aren't over 4,000 versions of blender and everybody just works on one.

fuckin weebs

inkscape too.
blender can do 2d now.
it's pretty much as advanced as toonz or toonboom studio/moho studio.
cutout/bones/kinematic
3d placement of canvas.

it's pretty much on par already

Maybe because they're shit

This 100%. Next project we need to get right is a proper video editor then a DAW.

This is just an excuse for them to push the release date back further isn't it

So, FL alternative when?

uhh, Reaper?
it's a fantastic DAW

Bitwig Studio is probably the best one.

>You will (never) finish this movie.

These. This has always been true.
Sadly 90% of "free and/or OSS software" is not that.

Buyt Krita and Photoshop aren't even remotely the same thing.

Lmms is a free alternative.

Not sure how well it stacks up to FL though.

I'm glad people are finally waking up to how good Blender really is but I wish they would have kept the old default keybinds. They were actually great once you got used to them.

I know it's nowhere near PPro or FC, but doesn't Blender have some NLE capability?

Check out Ardour. There is even a proprietary DAW based on ardour

>CG in Anime
They should switch to Krita instead.

Attached: yuck.jpg (600x450, 76K)

Photoshop? You mean Illustrator?

We already have Ardour.

What do you need that kdenlive doesn't already offer for video editing?

>fairu
>rendā
>windou
>herupu
>byū
>heā
>firumu

stability

It only 20 years and an overhaul of the fucking UI.

>Krita is animation software

No wonder it's taking so long. Fucking Anno.

unoriginal shit

youtu.be/kZsboyfs-L4

This is pretty awesome!

If you look at the original pre translated he's saying even if there were some shortcomings with blender he's willing to take the chance because they are more flexible and looking to grow.

Autodesk is keeping them behind a gate and doesn't see them as anything but a average client.
They stagnate features behind their monopoly and prevent competition with other software.
Closed formats, restrictive licenses about user limits.
It's also very restrictive in multi OS environments which is very common in japan because businesses mainly have a BYOD.

They do not want to run blender they want to just be part of the greater community and see it grow into something greater for everyone.
It also turns out there's some competitive features besides the moral and ethical standpoints like being able to edit a pre rendered image with layers or change whole palettes.

Lots of expandability down the road and they just need a little push.
If this works out it will be like a domino affect from word of mouth.

Look how they mention students are able to have almost comparible capabilities because they have access to a non restrictive program that has lots of crazy customization.

They are thinking long term for generations and willing to take a short term plunge to make it out the other side.

Anno is a talentless hack tbqh. Nobody liked NGE when it came out and only the 2deep4u faggots saved it from fading into obscurity like it should have. Same deal with Lain.

docs.krita.org/en/user_manual/animation.html
Did I fucking stutter?

Attached: 1558817386551.jpg (1080x1062, 359K)

>>Krita is animation software
Nigger, are you high? I've done freelance animation in Krita. It's really powerful.

Attached: 2019-08-17-012623_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 328K)

Fun fact, "Khara" means shit in Arabic

Photoshop apparently. I am seeing some people switching over to it without having to shove plugins up the software's ass to submit the software to work for their own bidding.

Now all Krita needs is ports of all the useful GIMP tools for photomanip (heal, etc.) and FOSS has a winner.

Considering what they produce I would says it's accurate.

t. angery train otaku

How's krita compared to Clip Studio Paint?

should have burned khara instead.

gimp is fine for making memes, though. i ain't no graphics designer but they taught us gimp in high school and it's pretty damn nice.

>krita
Is that the tranny colors software?

>more CGI shit
Oh for fuck sake. Just draw everything. I'm still mad about Madhouse fucking Overlord 3 with their fucking Ctrl-C Ctrl-V Goblins. I mean new Eva is shit, and has been since 1.0, but this is just fucking gay. Shinji "Piss off a writer, he'll reach for his lighter" Aoba torched the wrong fucking studio.

Same as Berserk

Both the Blender foundation and Krita foundation are Dutch, coincidence?

Even better. Would be a quite a shock if GIMP was bought out by krita or vice versa.

4.0 is the new HL3

French HL3

Oh God fucking Berserk.....

>Shinji "Steal a story, it's gonna get gory" Aoba
>Shinji "Take my book, prepare to cook" Aoba
>Shinji "Steal my novel, burn in a hovel" Aoba
>Shinji "Not published in your magazine, let me get some gasoline" Aoba
>Shinji "Steal from a fan, I'll empty my can" Aoba
>Shinji "Take my profits I'll burn down your office" Aoba
>Shinji "Act like a Jew, I'll turn you into BBQ" Aoba
>Shinji "You owe me a lot, it's gonna get hot" Aoba
>Shinji "Plagiarism leads to smoke inhalation" Aoba
>Shinji "Piss off a writer, he'll reach for his lighter" Aoba
>Shinji "Copyright my fanfic, end up as a statistic" Aoba
>Shinji "From Isekai writer to Isekai transporter" Aoba
>Shinji "Claim my material, prepare for a burial" Aoba
>Shinji "Partake in misappropriation and experience oxidation" Aoba
>Shinji "Get me hired or I'll light you on fire" Aoba
>Shinji "Vote for my contest entry or you'll never produce Suzumiya Season Three" Aoba
>Shinji "If I 'aint earnin' then you're burnin'" Aoba
>Shinji "Violate the NAP, now you'll have to deal with me" Aoba

Look at the settings cause i'm pretty sure there's a preset with the old shortcuts.

We need also an image manipulator, Krita is more for drawing,
>INB4 Gimp

>CGI
DOA

>Oh for fuck sake. Just draw everything. I'm still mad about Madhouse fucking Overlord 3 with their fucking Ctrl-C Ctrl-V Goblins. I mean new Eva is shit, and has been since 1.0, but this is just fucking gay. Shinji "Piss off a writer, he'll reach for his lighter" Aoba torched the wrong fucking studio.
I'm surprised no one has tried to fix this using machine learning, atleast for backgrounds and hard surface models. You should be able to train it by making a 360 rotation of a 3d model then having a skilled 2d artist draw the same rotation in 2d. Once it's trained you just feed the AI new animated 3d objects to convert.

they're probably gonna customize it a lot.
That's amazing news. I absolutely love anything Evangelion.

this

>tfw remember clearly how much I hated Blender before 2010
>started using it after their 2.5 UI overhaul
>began to really like it

Now I'm so incredibly happy that it exists, you have no idea. Also helped me so much with projects. I hope at some point I may be able to contribute to it in a way and if not maybe at least monetarily when out of poorfag status.

Also, it's really amazingly comfy to just dick around in with the realtime renderer and playing with lighting and stuff.

Attached: 1478967867745.jpg (330x264, 20K)

Tools and brushes on Clip Studio are nicer out of the box. But if you want something totally free use Krita, make it as nice to use as default Clip Studio is pretty easy.
Also Clip Studio feel lighter than Krita on my toaster and Krita sometime really buggy if you use Ntrig or AES pen.

Mangastudio is pretty much the standard for actual manga production, krita is used by furries and such.