I juts installed arch

learned almost nothing
though i was gona have problems multi booting with mint and windows but grub just configures itself theres no way someone can fuck this up or say its dificult

Attached: images.jpg (277x182, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HpskN_jKyhc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Feel welcomed to the arch community, hundreds of people who learn nothing all day.

>though
thought

Yes, installing Arch isn't hard, just read the instructions on the wiki and it shouldn't be a problem.
It's a bad meme that installing Arch is hard.

I use arch to learn lots of things.

It's never about you breaking arch but always about arch breaking itself

*ahem*
so you saw arch and decided "hmm this looks interesting I mean it's kinda different from the others like ubuntu"
you copy paste commands fro m the wiki to install it
*fast forward*
in this time you discovered stuff like tiling WMs and some cool terminal software. there is a 75% chance you're now a ricefag having useless retarded ugly skid configsm If you're the rest you're either using plasma xfeces or a non-shit tiling wm with decent config
fast forward
at this point you either
a. become an absolute brainlet archfag for the rest of your neet life, defending every flaw arch has. all you do is to post skid rices of literal meme WMs like openbox or i3-gaps and stuff
b. realise how trash arch is, all the flaws that it has, and that you got bamboozled by the 1337 aspect arch gave you. you go on and switch to a non-shit distro. that's either
1. the more autistic but muuuuch better ones like: void nix guix gentoo slackware etc.
2. go back to normie distros like ubuntu fedora suse etc.
================
This my friends, I call it the arch way

But arch is non ironically a pretty great distro for everyday use.

wrong
>no package signature
>no package splitting
>muh bleeding edge :DdDDDDDz
>AUR is a security nightmare
>pacman is trash

>AUR is a security nightmare
>pacman is trash
cope x

iv seen the copypasta before but never an elaboration on those 'arch flaws' besides that it breaks all the time wich i thought was a meme

what is this package signature you talk about? also, isnt the AUR the equivalent of ubuntu PPA's ?

Who cares about most of these points?
Obviously any repository managed by volunteers is a risk, but that is just the nature of it.

And yes, I value up-to-dateness and easy availability of Software and am willing to take a few risks for that.

It non-ironically is a meme that Arch breaks.

>learned almost nothing
not surprising when all it consists of is mount type install set time and reboot

I use Manjaro (based on Arch) because I am retarded.
But I have to say I have had zero problems for the two years+ that I've been using it.

loadkeys
pacstrap /mnt base
arch-chroot
gensftab
edit 3 text files
pcaman -S grub os-prober
mkgrubcfg
reboot

believe me even retards can instal arch, i did it because i wanted to try out this rolling release thing, otherwise i would install debian minimal

To me i learned xorg/conf files like xinit and similar stuff through arch because i didn't miss with them before
The arch installation process is very brainlety and easy, the post setup (especially if you are going full wm only) can caught you off guard.
I'm doing gentoo or LFS in the near future hoping i can learn something

op here: i already learned about grub, xorg and stuff while playing with mint. i even compiled i3 myself. my point is that installing arch might be a learning experience only for people new to linux

Arch being hard to install has always been a meme, it's just a bit tedious. Same with Gentoo, but add more steps and long ass compile times.

Manjaro is total comfiness, there's no point in moving

Congratulations, you can install Gentoo now

yea i installed arch when i was only a week into antergos, maybe that's why

Ah, I see the script kiddies found my honeypot but don't know how to use arch...

hostname -i
hostname -d
hostname -f
cat /etc/host.conf
hostname -s
hostname -a
hostname -A
dpkg-reconfigure postfix
yum
apt-get install dpkg
apt
apt-get
install
apt get
apt-get

Attached: 32f.jpg (251x242, 10K)

function update() {
sudo pacman -Syu;
sleep 300
update()
}

Attached: EAbvhVOU4AEhxTS.jpg (492x611, 57K)

Install gentoo. Or do a netinstall of fedora, debian, etc. if you really want to struggle.

based if true

Attached: D8EEWW3XYAAAnQN.jpg_large.jpg (720x720, 59K)

this, its the distro that requires the least amount of maintenance

youtube.com/watch?v=HpskN_jKyhc
>Never install an OS if you don't know what you are doing, ever.