A plain X11 app needs 0.624MB of memory to draw a blank window

A plain X11 app needs 0.624MB of memory to draw a blank window.

An electron app needs 75MB, and a Java app, 80MB.

Fuck modern technology, fuck kikes and fuck Pajeets.

Attached: 1565976719248.gif (590x470, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>* a gziped electron app needs 75MB

>i had to start a new thread even though the other one is still up

Stay mad ramlet

Stay smug brainlet

>just keep buying more RAM every X years bruh. Who cares if you need 2GB of RAM to read a PDF!
kys Ranjeet

Poo ---> The loo

except you dont

the plain X11 apps were also buggy pieces of shit
t. person who actually uses TED

>ramlet cope
Like holy fucking shit who honestly needs to be worried about this other than autists with their 2GB RAM cum stained thinkpads?

wow, they all use an insignificant amount of RAM and the cross-platform ones use a little more! a joos must be behind this!

Well, that's not true. A plain X11 window may consume that much memory, but a second would consume almost nothing because these libraries aren't instantiated more than once. A second window will take mere kb, as it's mostly using resources loaded the first time around for the first window.

Electron and Java apps have separate heaps and stacks and registers and an entire context must be instantiated for each new window.

You could open fifty X11 windows with almost no memory cost over the first, but each new Java or Electron window will consume the same as the first, or almost as much.

It's the same with .NET applications (or Mono) as well.

Ye and they treat it as a security measure. fucking disgusting.... the whole reason we have Wayland.

Really the NeXT or Apple way of doing things is more akin to X11 than to Electron, there's this huge runtime library already designed and debugged for you to use, and every program is using the same runtime as long as you keep to the system-provided libraries, so a program need only instantiate whichever libraries aren't already active for other programs in the system. Most of the stuff like window drawing and text boxes and shit will be loaded or in the cache. KDE and Gnome are both like this too of course but neither has the polish of even GNUstep let alone Apple's current product sadly.

We should all be using GNUstep and more GNUstep applications should be written, if you're going to take a step from plain X it's the way to go. Plus even though it would have been considered resource intensive 20 years ago, unlike KDE and Gnome it hasn't grown in bulk until it reached massive status, it's still lightweight enough to run on a 68k.

That's because it loads this thing called a framework which does for you years of work for free you can just call up functions. Unfortunately you never got a fucking job so you don't understand why this matters. So fuck right off back to irc.

It's one thing to use libraries in a framework, but electron and java and .net programs and the like have their own things like timers and memory managers and you can think of each program loaded with one of these monster environments as a virtual machine duplicating all the functions of your *nix+x stack, it's much more top heavy.

.NET doesn't deserve to be lumped in the same memory consumption range as fucking Electron or Java. I have 2 simple .NET WinForms programs (that I wrote) running right now and one of them is using 7.5MB RAM while the other is using 12.3MB. Electron shit is like a full order of magnitude above that in terms of memory usage.

What pisses me off even more is now we get people trying to reimplement X11 IN THE FUCKING BROWSER. You get this dumb JS and websockets pile of shit thats trying to do what X11 and precursors could do 30 years ago, but instead of working over dial-up, it basically requires a fucking fiber line

>app

what the fuck?

Fight me faggot.

Sorry, that's actually good to know. Sadly there's a lot of good shit at MS just being held back by the Windows / Office paradigm. Glad to see .NET is a bit smarter than huge 'frameworks,' probably inspired by NeXT's thing which was itself modeled on Smalltalk and, less directly, Common LISP.

"responsive" design with server side bullshit enabled, you know

stop being coy, web devs are insufferable

github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view

again, what the fuck?

A plain X11 app needs 0.624MB of memory to look like shit.

Electron apps and Java apps need 75-80MB to be good.

>>just keep buying more RAM every X years bruh. Who cares if you need 2GB of RAM to read a PDF!
Why should I care if I have 1TB of RAM?

okay, and?

>implying that we care that your shitbox has less than 8000mb

need 75-80mb for their retarded cookie cutter """modern""" design*

We should skip GNUstep and od it our selfs, how about starting with something like SDL? or other libraries like that?

>retarded cookie cutter
innovative and attractive *
ftfy

Wait so bundling fucking chrome still comes out lighter weight than java? lmfao java absolutely btfo.