data engineer
writing python code 9-5 in a comfy cube

why don't you use python Jow Forums?

Attached: somesmugface.png (1024x1014, 268K)

OMG REALLY?! I CAN MAKE 120k A YEAR BY WRITING PYTHON??? OKAY I WILL STUDY IT NOW, THANK YOU OP, MY LIFE WILL CHANGE!!!! HOOORAY OP!!!!

Attached: 1562156511779.jpg (1572x835, 138K)

>animal

java is better job security

because I do EE instead and is much more fun

I'd me more than glad making 30K per year. Pls tell me how OP

Because I want my existence to have meaning

Glad you found a meaning to live, I haven't after 6 years of being a wagie programmer.

I got a new job. 20k a month. I don't even know what to do with the money.

>inb4 autistic virgins argue that Python is the new Java and anything but is dumb for reasons that don't mean dick fuck on a modern system

Congrats on the position OP :+1:

Tell me how user

>working 9-5
CS is really the shittiest of all job fields

If you have to come onto a site like Jow Forums to brag about your life you're probably not that big of a hot shot.

data science jobs require pajeet tier mathematics knowledge, thats why i gave up on it.

Imagine being an in office virgin cuck. Im a remote Chad making the same amount of money. you know what that means? That means I don't have to sit in traffic behind Pakoor Krishna Mohan for two hours a day. And guess what? I make more money than you do

Attached: smh_tbh_fam.gif (414x382, 2.8M)

>cube

Why do amerimutts accept working conditions like that

>9-5
so you're giving up 8 of your waking hours per day to do munden shit so some jew gets rich? good trade user! that's only like 70% of your waking hours. gee, I hope that retirement plan pays out and you can enjoy all the free time when you're 70 and bedridden kek

Cope harder depressed neet

VTSAX, retire when you hit $1,000,000 in portfolio. 4% SWR gives you inflation-adjusted $40k/year in perpetuity. Do whatever you want for the rest of your life.

Better than your cuckshed faggot!

>9-5
I'd rather kill myself

>6 to 3 is better!

Everything he said is true kek

>thinks 9 to 5 is bad
investment banker here, AMA

I write perl and make 185/yr :^)

I make twice that doing Java Script.

I'm a freelance interpreter. I don't earn as much but I'm free. I will never give that feeling up again voluntarily.

why would i use python
lua is better
>easy interop with native langs
>powerful metaprogramming
>non-cancerous syntax
>advanced language features but no bloat
>lightweight
>embeddable
>fast

Attached: 1537159107350.png (441x193, 5K)

230k yuroshekels
verification engineer
vhdl, c, haskell, ocaml, coq, 11-16 Mo-Wed because some monkey in the management believes psycholoshit "research"

wait, so you're making 230k euros a year on a 15 hours work week?

pretty much, thursday and friday i just sit my 5 hours at the office reviewing other people's work

That's no perl though.

Then it's a 25 hour work week. Don't get me wrong, that's still cushy as fuck for ridiculous pay, but if you're in the office for 25 hours it's a 25 hour week, not 15.

learn java or C

>making the same amount of money
>I make more money than you do
?????????

yeah sure it counts as work, sometimes i wish i went to webshit where you can do home office, but then i see the quality of software shat out by them that i have to use daily and am actually glad i'm legally liable for damage caused by anything i've worked on
the pay is still ridiculous in yuropoor for anything outside fintech

Fuck you for making more in a month than i do in a year

I've done that for 110k. It's not comfy at all after 8 months. The meaninglessness starts to kill you on the inside.
>Is that me? Am I just some freak organism that's been put here to eat and sleep and spend my days doing pointless abstract tasks to grind more money for a megacorp? Is this my place? Is that it? Is that my grail? Sipping espresso in a cubicle? Is that the correct choice to the multiple choice of me?

>he wants to live the NEET life at $40k a year
you truly are a faggot

> makes 120k writing python
> lives in silicon valley

Lol enjoy just enough to live in a four-person studio with Raj, Priya, Krishnakumar.

tell me more

same but I write sql mostly, based OP

the answer is data and analytics are seen as pleb tier on Jow Forums yet here we are out-earning front end javascript children with ease

shut up mammonist

Time is money, friend.

Jesus, that's rough, how do you live with 15 dollars a month? Do you live in Africa?

>am actually glad i'm legally liable for damage caused by anything i've worked on
I'm sorry user, but how is that good? Can't imagine the amount of waking hours I'd spend worrying about some software error causing runaway damage somewhere down the line. Is it not your employer who bears the legal responsibility? If not, why the hell even be an employee, if you can't even have that bit of security?

Attached: 1558083078920.jpg (563x565, 61K)

>mfw 300k haskel webdev

Attached: yRepw_d.jpg (640x360, 15K)

I know this is bait, but quality of life really comes down to not being a retard. I live on 10k USD a year from tutoring for a few hours a week and have better quality of life and more overseas holidays than people I know earning 80k a year (pre tax) since they do stupid shit (buying eye fillet for $60/kg instead of getting it in bulk from a near wholesale outlet for $13/kg being a good example.) I've lived on far less as well. It's not hard to go overseas for a month a year and to live healthily on far below even minimum wage where I live.
The biggest shit here is housing but you can once again solve that by not being a retard.

>300k in mountain view

Attached: ha.jpg (680x763, 48K)

What else am I to do user

Attached: Crying_Cat_screaming.jpg (500x500, 17K)

Work less, enjoy life more

Join McDonald's crew.

> not remote
> doesn't set own hours
> probably doesn't have unlimited PTO.

fucking rekt

you're only awake for 57 hours a week? Seek medical attention.

I love my job. It's certainly much more intellectually and socially fulfilling than what I'm doing in this moment.

>sysadmin
>40k for automating backups
>90 percent of the time sell freelance projects for bitcoins, making 2k a month tax free

data scientist here, i remember when i liked my job

now i'm 5 years in and i want to die every time i think about work

Because I have to use R

Super easy if you own your house and car.

>enjoy life more
Jack off and play vidya?

Me on the right.

>but no bloat
Bloat is good. It keeps the autists away.

what kind of projects?

Because I live with my parents and I'm a trust fund child. I have no plans to every marry or be in a relationship and I have a very good relationship with my parents. I barley desire material things and just save my money. I'd rather spend my time studying mathematics (I'm a mathfag who likes tech) and learning about Boomer languages such as C and Lisp. It's comfy as fuck.

>what is a bubble

also data scientist. Trust me, this is much better than academia.

>how is that good?
It means people working here have to actually think about what they're doing, not just mindlessly plumbing libraries and thinking "it passed tests so it werks". I don't know why people think software development should be exempt of liability when your mistake causes material damage to the user (or worse, death or injury to their customers). And no, getting fired is not an appropriate punishment when the damage goes beyond your value, because some retard will hire you again, most likely for even better salary.
>Is it not your employer who bears the legal responsibility?
From the outside yes, the company pays.
But in my contract, if i cause damage, i (and everyone who reviewed my work) have to pay 50% of the damage.
Not once has any bug hit production.
>why the hell even be an employee
Most people here do it for the ego boost and the money. But the work itself is really interesting, which is very hard to find outside of academia.
I really like this way of working. It is stressful if you aren't confident in your work ethic or abilities, people lacking the former usually quit shortly after the "grace period" when they are exempt from it (but don't get to do anything even remotely touching production) because they find out actual software engineering is hard, people lacking the latter don't even get a chance to work here.
It is usually the case that you're punished for good work, because most companies want to churn out broken shit and cash in, and good software takes a bit more time to write.

Holy shit, in what country and how many years of XP you have?

That seems transversal to the vast majority of sotware related jobs.

> t. has never had a really shit job

I will take this anyday to breaking my back and bones like I used to do.

Fuck dude. That happened to me in my previous job as a regular sw developer. Now I'm a memechine learning engineer and I have had those like twice, so it was a pretty big improvement.

>From the outside yes, the company pays.
>But in my contract, if i cause damage, i (and everyone who reviewed my work) have to pay 50% of the damage.
>Not once has any bug hit production.

That's a really weird clause in your contract. Then again, is that the reason why your wage is astronomical for EU standards?

why data engineering?
I interned at [spoilers]facebook[/spoilers] and data engineers got paid less than software engineers. And desu their work seemed pretty boring too.

Because it's fucking retard garbage and I'm not mentally retarded.

webpajeet
writing TS/PHP (yikes) code 9-5 in my comfy home office in the third world

why don't you kill yourself, me?

Attached: thinker boy.png (708x537, 239K)

Software engineer here, does anyone recommend doing data stuff that's done both jobs?

I've done this kind of job before but just ended up writing pointless sql queries to look up meaningless data. Seemed very meh compared to actually building stuff.

Basically, explain the appeal of being a data engineer..

dumb homuposter