Java is the literally god tier programming language

Java is the literally god tier programming language.

only neets hate java.

Attached: da18-Djn_400x400.jpg (240x240, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BD-J
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ive taken 2 java classes in college and i still dont know what its used for in the real world.

t. unironic java pleb

shhh
interns on Jow Forums will take notice

based and redpilled

imagine needing to chain multiple readers and writers just to read a file

imagine needing to write an essay to do simple stuff

lmao

Name one good thing about Java other than its widespread adoption in industry

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BD-J

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 367K)

>Widespread adoption
which means more code, tutorials, documentations, libraries to use retard?

imagine being stuck in the 90s

If it does not AoT compile to machine code, it's shit.
t. employed

Not an argument in favor of the language itself.
Try again brainlet. Name one good thing about Java other than its widespread adoption in industry

Static typing, high-quality libraries, probably the fastest high-level language.

the fact I can find libraries and documentation and tutorials for anything?

J V M
V
M

>Static typing
Haskell does it better
>high-quality libraries
I said other than its widespread adoption in industry
>probably the fastest high-level language
C
>inb4 C isn't a high-level language
yes it is technically
>the fact I can find libraries and documentation and tutorials for anything?
I said other than its widespread adoption in industry
>JVM
bloat

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BD-J
so embedded devices? where do i get a job or find interesting projects that use java?

>tutorials
shut the FUCK up
fucking pajeet streetshitter

2/10

Scala, Kotlin, and Clojure are all far superior to Java

>>inb4 C isn't a high-level language
>yes it is technically
a.k.a. "I just wanna win the argument"

it's not really just a technicality either, C is less verbose than java as a general rule

Employed Go, C, Rust, PL/pgSQL programmer reporting in. Enjoy your 2 TB of RAM usage.

someone answer the real big brained question here.

Attached: 1566018686472.png (603x604, 497K)

Verbosity != low-level, if anything it's the complete opposite, as abstractions tend to bring in boilerplate code.
C is literally the next step above assembly.

>Verbosity != low-level, if anything it's the complete opposite, as abstractions tend to bring in boilerplate code.
Maybe if you're talking about verbosity as in saying that program A is more verbose than program B if it contains more source characters *and also does more*.
When I say C is less verbose than Java, I'm saying C can accomplish *the same things* Java does with fewer source characters.

>When I say C is less verbose than Java, I'm saying C can accomplish *the same things* Java does with fewer source characters.
Sure thing pal

Attached: 1563787585864.jpg (223x226, 10K)

Language is just a tool, Java has huge community, loads of libraries, and now with constant updates it's evolving quick. There's a reason it's used in enterprise everywhere and finding a well paid job is easy.
People that bring it down becuase it's not as good for high performance tasks (which wasn't even the market for it) are complete idiots.

> I'm saying C can accomplish *the same things* Java does with fewer source characters
Who gives a fuck about characters if what you are writing is unreadable garbage abbreviations. Also, its not really true in the case of handling strings.

IntelliJ IDEA

kotlin

>using russian shit language
xtend is better in every single way.

I've struggled with this for ten years and I still don't understand it.

Java desktop and server apps, without exception, are some of the most bloated, resource intensive apps you'll ever come across. VMware's virtual appliance takes over ten minutes to boot and most of that is just starting a web interface. I've written web interfaces in Rails with more routes and more going on that start in about three seconds. You put 16GB RAM on a server and someone says "oh no it's Java, you'll need a lot more than that".

Yet you see these embedded devices and even bloody smart cards with 4MB RAM apparently someone decides the best language to use is Java. How is this possible?

most things like printers and phones run Java. But also huge portions of the web run a Java back-end somewhere.

Because Java isn't bloat if you do it right, meanwhile your desktop apps just add every dependency they can find.

>Java? Isn't that the shitty, watered down version of javascript?

Attached: 1559956008809.jpg (1080x1331, 216K)

Java runs the vast majority of companies like Google and Amazon.

It's C# but not forever locked into the shitty Microshaft limpdick ecosystem which means every innovative technology that has powered server-side web for the last 30 years has been invented on Java.

>Static typing
Java's type system is pretty shitty tbqh