/hpg/ - headphone general

prev: For the discussion of headphones and headphone related memes.
If you want useful recommendations, please mention your budget, location, whether you want a open/closed design, what you've used in the past, sound preferences and intended use.

Attached: miku~!.png (1075x1500, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=29iTkYSZ1qk
amazon.com/gp/product/B00MFDX4YO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/product/B00YIJGS6E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
free-mp3-download.net/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for STAX owners need to have sex

I bought 7506s and fell in love with them and stopped coming to this shit general because I considered headphones to be a "solved problem" and didn't feel the need to buy anything else.

How much do you value flag/accurate over fun when it comes to sound signature?

For a time I felt like flat was the only way to go, but these days I just kinda find headphones like that boring. I'd much rather have a few sets that color music in differnet ways.

Anyone have experience with vintage R2R DACs like the Parasound? I have been reading up on them and am really intrigued on how they sound like.

Attached: wfoGkRr.jpg (2764x1843, 498K)

>meticulously handcrafted cups
youtube.com/watch?v=29iTkYSZ1qk

what about the drivers tho?

i like getting lost in the hidden details, and for me, completely flat is the best way to achieve that.

I don't care what your autism audio-fool thread is about, but I'm giving you fair warning. DO NOT use my waifu for your OP image ever again. God help you if I see another Hatsune Miku picture ITT

This general is more like /mig/ - mental illness general.

fuck you

>entry level waifu
i bet you have sony v6s

don't you fucking threaten me with a good time
>entry level
Why move beyond perfection? And keep her name out your mouth. And I have a Fiio E10K DAC with BeyerDynamic DT770 Pro's thank you very much.

Attached: 1565396292934.jpg (665x718, 173K)

I hope you like aliasing

Is there such a thing as a dominant ear? i've tried a whole buncha audio and headphone set ups and with every one i swear i can hear from my right ear better, and it can't be hearing damage as i've never done anything extreme to my left ear. is this just a placebo?

Attached: Littleaquarius+rolled+a+random+image+posted+in+comment+53+at+_fd05d131cd05af23585a84b9e31114ff.png (275x200, 20K)

whats the best music player for windows 10? guessing Groove music isn't the best for flac and shit.

foobar2000 is still the best

There is, the ears aren't identical. But the brain compensates for it over the years as you grow up nearly perfectly, so if you hear a difference that's so clear that you notice it in everyday life or when just listening to headphones you might want to see a doctor

wats good hedfone?

steks

Do you lay in bed on your left side? I always lay on my right side and my right ear is shit.

i don't notice it every day and i only notice it in music when using high end stuff and if i pay attention to it, hence why i think it may also be placebo.

but here you are though, replying to a comment deep in the previous thread...

how would you say it stacks up to a m50x? im torn between those two currently considering the 7506 because its cheaper

i used to lay on my left ear a lot more than my right, but if that would really cause this, wouldn't it be well documented and people would be told to sleep on their backs?

a lot of music is right channel heavy and it comes out a lot more through headphones and especially iems than speakers

If you buy the 7506s, I highly suggest aftermarket earpads like sheepskin leather, because the stock ones will completely fall apart after 2-3 years.
You'll end up spending $120 on them total, putting them in the same price range.

I've never used m50s so i can't vouch for their sound quality, but I still remember those old memes that they were basically a vice grip for your head and required "stretching" if you wanted to make them more comfortable.

any way to make the layout a bit more stream lined like at least a little bit. i understand it but just want something easier to look at and find what i wanna listen to.

are you sure? with music mixing i always thought that was a big no no most of the time?

yes
skins

no, it's bullshit
pull up a goniometer to see how your music is distributed in the stereo field

They do advise that people lay on their backs or with as low a pillow to keep blood flow as even on both sides as possible.

huh, never heard that, i heard the opposite, i was told lying on your back causes snoring which is really bad long term.

bullshit as in music isn't commonly right side heavy? i think you mean a oscilloscope right?

I've always slept on my side since I could remember and I'm a heavy snorer, kek.

yes, it's bullshit
vectorscope or goniometer is a special representation of a 2 channel oscilloscope for audio purposes, yes

Future Stax owner here, I agree. At least the warm embrace of an overpriced amplifier which wastes a lot of power will compensate for the lack of human warmth.

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

why is the wh1000xm3 so expensive but with this fucked up bass

Attached: wh-1000xm3-frequency-response-graph-medium.jpg (900x520, 118K)

ANC is top tier. That's the only reason why you'd want the WH-1000XM3, and that's definitely the reason I bought one.

first for END GAME

Attached: 0E16B387-6CF3-444D-BE2E-DA054CA43EF5.jpg (3903x2967, 2.01M)

>"Driver unit for earspeakers"
>"PRO ONLY"
Dumb meme trash

Aimp works fine for me, even supports DSD without any need for other downloads

>driver unit
Stupid way to say amplifier.
>for earspeakers
Stupid way to say for headphones.
>PRO Only
Compatible only with headphones compatible with Stax pro bias, as opposed to the normal bias, which is far lower voltage, and pretty much inexistant nowadays.

Stax is plenty of commercial buzzwords to mean perfectly understandable shit. The only thing I can tolerate from them is the "pro only", because it does make sense.

it's it worth the $100 extra bucks for the bluetooth m50x?

If you like the phone otherwise, yes. If I'm corded down I stand up much less frequently to go get a glass of water or something. Plus bluetooth is top comfy with a laptop since you can move around completely freely and change change position or do chores and whatnot.

Wireless is inferior in several ways:
>lossy compression
>latency
>batteries lol

>lossy compression
Only if the product uses a shitty protocol
>latency
Doesn't matter for music listening. Also see below
>batteries lol
Any decent bluetooth headphones have a 3.5mm in so you can use that whenever necessary

>t. amateur

So user, what’s listening with his morning?

Attached: 046B6092-708E-4A20-A568-629DDFFB1569.jpg (2869x2614, 1.29M)

headphones

Attached: 1494082704_1490667867446.jpg (500x500, 72K)

bluetooth is always lossy

K612

>Important
I don't want to hear a thing around me. I want them to be really amazing at blocking sound.
>Budget
Less than or around $200
>Location
Central Europe
>Open/closed
Closed
>Past equipment
Razer Kraken Pro, HyperX Cloud
>Sound preferences
Heavy music (e.g. Death Grips and Bones), something good for gaming
>Intended use
Comfortable every day use for up to 15 hours a day for both gaming and playing music pretty much all the time

these right here SR-007 myself, personally

Attached: A6A3B8C8-DEB0-47CF-B35C-32ED0FE794B4.jpg (4032x2460, 1.91M)

>what’s listening with his morning?
What the fuck is this sentence?

sounds like normal indian english to me

To add to these, when i use IEMs my left ear is also really hard to get a seal and often needs a different sized or even kind of tip, could it be that i hear different in my left ear than my right because it is a different shape in the ear canal?

Utopia vs Empyrean? Help me anons.

empyrean

who here fucks with vintage headphones?

Attached: oldfonez.jpg (3024x4032, 1.78M)

just why?

Which are the best headphones for 50$? I saw cloud stinger for 45$ and cloud 1 for 50$

id take the clouds. they are really good for that price

Superlux HD 668.

fun to collect and refurb, fairly inexpensive, still sound pretty good

your logic simply scares me for a few reasons but alright

>spent hundreds of dollars
>Just to feel like the sound is upgraded by not over 25% than a previously $40 iem
Maybe i don't have the golden ears and is not meant to be audiophile.

should've got speakers

Just ordered the FX Audio DAC-X6 and HiFiMan HE4XX as my first set up after having the astro a40's for 6 years.
Very excited.

you fucked up son

>DAC-X6
Why do people still fall for that shit ? It's not great. It's not even really good, it has a pretty big higher-frequency roll-off.

What are some good iems that are Bluetooth and under $100?

Which one of them??

>fun to collect
Freud would like to chat with you

Stop listening to the same shit and shit

I also experience this with my right ear. I even did a hearing test and my left ear had better hearing so I don't know what's going on.

Why the empyreans?

If you had the money for any of those, you wouldn't be asking random people on the internet

idk id take just clouds. use internet

Suggestions for replacement earpads for HD 598? I've had these since 2012 and they're completely fucked.

Attached: Capture.png (1116x756, 1.77M)

Ended up getting the velour pads and may as well replace the headband since it's going flat.

amazon.com/gp/product/B00MFDX4YO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/product/B00YIJGS6E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Links for anyone who's in the same boat.

huh?

Attached: 95DC8C11-4227-47DA-9203-AE5A1603903C.jpg (4032x1961, 1.52M)

ok.. so i just found out that i can download flac from free-mp3-download.net/
But how legit is this "flac" files?
I tried downloading some song and i feel like it sounds better than spotify (Free).
But i can't be sure if it's actually lossless flac or just converted to flac from mp3 quality, so it won't matters.

just use deezer +smloadr for flac files, and rutracker for anything you can't find on deezer. that site is sketchy as shit

Use soulseek like everyone else.

>normal

Getting kind of tired of the "neutral" response from my HD 600s. Looking for something that extends the bass a little and is a bit more colored. Price range is up to 400 and I live in the US. Any suggestions?

DT1990. EQ the treble a bit and you have a better HD600. Don't EQ it, and just put the balanced pad, and you have a slightly V-shaped headphone which is very enjoyable.
Alternatively, go planar, with something with deep extended bass.

Is the Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC worth 50€?
Thinking of pairing it with a DT 770 250Ohm headphones.

Why not just EQ the HD600?

shut up goy

s-sorry. buy new headphones

>budget
up to 200USD
>location
Philippines, but can get shit from Amazon. Fuck ebay
>open/closed design
Prefer closed but open is completely ok too
>What I've used in the past
Had a Shure SRH440 but someone broke it and was wondering if there are any alternatives
>Sound preferences
I sometimes don't catch what people say so I guess I would prefer something that helps me catch what they say.
>Intended use
Video games and VoIP

Found some good deals. For 150$ would you rather have the he400i or hd58x?

HE400i. Sennheiser is overrated.

Oh and also I don't need a mic

DT770.

STAX

Thank you

Poorfag headphone guide

Attached: aug_2019_poorfag_guide.jpg (1456x6880, 2.28M)

how's the sound quality for general use?
like anime, tv shows, movies and games
and i guess songs that arent pop and edm since its the phones seem so bass heavy